Sign in to follow this  
Aerin

COMPLETE: Community Project- Silverfish Canal and Tunnel System

Greetings fellow Wurmians! The Bifrost/Asgard Alliance is extremely pleased to announce the opening of the Silverfish Canal and Tunnel System. This canal and tunnel system is a shortcut, that connects the western side of Harmony to Harmony Bay,  and allows for ships of all sizes to sail right into Harmony Bay without having to go all the way south or north. The canal is free for use for all to use! A special thanks to the one guy who stopped to help us dig for a few days! We appreciate the help! 

Previous post:

Spoiler

Latest update:  The tunnel and the canal are done and passable for all ships. We still need to dredge a bit more and we still need mine supports. All help or donations are welcome!

UPDATE:  The first part of the tunnel mining is done but we still need to dredge at both ends. The second part of the route is about halfway. We are still in need of mine supports if anyone wants to donate and help is always welcome!

update: The digging has started and soon there will be tunneling/surface mining ongoing. We're asking for mine support donations from any generous community member who may not have the time to come help dig but who still wants to help. All help is greatly appreciated!

As some of you know, Asgard/Bifrost Canal has been working on a canal/tunnel in p15. We have it open for public use as a short cut for boats knarr size and below. We are working on dredging the lake and then larger ships will be able to use it as well. Feel free to come take a look and inspect what we have done so far!

What we'd like to do now is to start a community project at O16-O17, that would dig/tunnel another canal/tunnel into Harmony Bay that all ships could use. That would open up Harmony Bay to boats from the west instead of needing to go all the way around the coast.  I've posted a picture below of what we're thinking. The red line would be canal, or if the rock is high enough, a tunnel. The blue line would definitely need to be tunnel. At the yellow line we'd add a bridge so we don't interfere with the highway there. We talked a bit on Freedom chat and it seemed others might be interested in joining us in this project. We could build a temporary inn with beds to house the workers who come, provide basic food, and a pen so you can park your mode of transportation safely. Dirt/shards that result from the project would be free for personal use for those who are helping. The first step will be to dig up all the dirt at the red line about 3 tiles wide. All help is greatly appreciated.

You can pm Zegrim, Katharina, or Darwenius ingame if you have questions. Or you can leave a reply below/pm me on the forums. We intend to wait a few days before getting started, that way we can hear community input before finalizing our plans.

unknown.png?width=657&height=436  

Edited by Aerin
  • Like 1

interested :) have a cog for roof use in tunnel if that works lol and a BotD pick.  I don't have a BotD shovel but I have 40 skill in digging.  

13 hours ago, Muunkey said:

interested :) have a cog for roof use in tunnel if that works lol and a BotD pick.  I don't have a BotD shovel but I have 40 skill in digging.  

Great! The more the merrier! We're over at O16, you'll see our cog named Mjollnir. Right now we're digging up all the dirt to get down to the rock. 

Hello! As a few days old character how can assist in any help? I can do digging/mining. I live in south of you.

Hi Kryss! So sorry I missed your post. I was traveling for a bit and unavailable. Right now we are working on reinforcing the tunnel and canal. We need to make a lot of mine supports so if you would like to help by cutting trees and mining iron so that supports can be made we would greatly appreciate it. You can message Zegrim, Katharina or Darwenius in game and they can arrange for pickup or delivery of supplies. Thank you for offering to help.

Bumping to announce the completion and opening! 

• Like 2