DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Barnyard Business

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Galatyn said:

 

-1  

Do not remove it.

Time consuming?  Yes.  Difficult to complete an individual rift? No, it's very easy and fun with a group.

This is part of the final journal entry for non-priests to complete to earn the coveted cape.  Since it can be thought of as an end-game goal, it should not be accomplished in a short timeframe.

 

Fun is subjective. And while we've went over this a million times, and the fact it's a bad goal is common knowledge, I want to go over it again in hopes we get something eventually, even just a word saying "we'll look into it"

Rifts do have a place in the journal, but not 100 of them. Not everyone has the time they can dedicate to getting those 100 done even in the space of two, to three years. It's also not a challenging goal, instead it just says "we cannot think of anything better so we'll just pad the number out"

Also, priests benediction is a much better overall reward and they got like what, 2 significant changes to things for them to get it reasonably? They changed it so links in the rite cast count, and that charging the rite is also a bit better with the amount of favour scaling and lowering where appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rdc5e3dce554c6320d15fbff87014c966?rik=Ta

 

Good Work now Animal Husbandry will be less Tiresome :D

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would definitely love to see the non-premium rideable animal be able to be hitched to a small cart, so non-premiums can have a much better transportation/storage experience. Could have it be really slow for balance reasons, but allow them to live a life that isn't just dragging a cart. The current transition from non-prem to prem with transportation/storage is a huge jump and I think this would turn it into a much more comfortable transition. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Such a cute update!

Im a bit concerned about the removal of the old UI tho, since the new one is still not functioning like it should.

Instead of focussing on a proper working toolbelt you guys focus on the wurpedia.

I see there has been an attempt to fix the toolbelt but still the 8th and 9th slot dont work properly. 

For me this is important cause i dont use the numbers to select the slots. So it takes more time for me to select a tool to imp things.

The other thing is the lag that comes with the new UI. I have some lag when i play with one char and i often have 2, 3 and sometimes 4 chars on which is basically undoable in the new UI. I dont have that problem with the old UI.

So it would be great if those things were fixed before they throw out the old UI.

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If only the donkeys came earlier before the steam release day, it would have helped out the potential 1000+ new players which is now lost.

 

This was way overdue. Why is the dev team suddenly changing their ways and releasing very late changes to help out new players?

Edited by Nukacola
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madnath said:

Fun is subjective. And while we've went over this a million times, and the fact it's a bad goal is common knowledge, I want to go over it again in hopes we get something eventually, even just a word saying "we'll look into it"

Rifts do have a place in the journal, but not 100 of them. Not everyone has the time they can dedicate to getting those 100 done even in the space of two, to three years. It's also not a challenging goal, instead it just says "we cannot think of anything better so we'll just pad the number out"

 

Took me 2 years to get to 70% and twice I felt burnout and had to quit for half a year at least. It's just a terrible goal that make me simply want to not ever touch wurm again. The fact I feel compelled to get that 10% bonus and cape is worse...I mean as you said it's not even a bloody challenge. Just lazy padding.

 

Donkeys are cute and everything but I do hope the next husbandry update is a bit more substantial than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

Such a cute update!

Im a bit concerned about the removal of the old UI tho, since the new one is still not functioning like it should.

Instead of focussing on a proper working toolbelt you guys focus on the wurpedia.

I see there has been an attempt to fix the toolbelt but still the 8th and 9th slot dont work properly. 

For me this is important cause i dont use the numbers to select the slots. So it takes more time for me to select a tool to imp things.

The other thing is the lag that comes with the new UI. I have some lag when i play with one char and i often have 2, 3 and sometimes 4 chars on which is basically undoable in the new UI. I dont have that problem with the old UI.

So it would be great if those things were fixed before they throw out the old UI.

 

All of the issues players have expressed concern about are being addressed, not just the wurmpedia. That's the graphic I had to share. I've used the new UI ever since releasing, and I've never had trouble with the 8th or 9th slot (and have not once used numbers to select them). Had you posted that issue in the thread about the UI?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malcore said:

im going to kill every dam donkey on on the lands of wurm because of lack creative  the devs have for this game!

 

Multiple people have asked for donkeys, in threads and in my social media post asking what new animals people may enjoy seeing. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean lots of other people won't :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, elentari said:

 

Donkeys are cute and everything but I do hope the next husbandry update is a bit more substantial than this. 

 

Donkey's aren't even close to the full update :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should in-game wiki default to mobile format? Seems like that’d look better with the reduced space for the in game browser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Delone said:

If somebody can show how this works, I would love to know

with a tamed animal (cant remember if its leading or riding) with the trait go over water tiles, chance to get an event message saying x purrs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont have to be leading or riding just near to see event, i was stealthed a few tiles away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cute critter.

 

Befor removing the old UI, can we make they buttons on the tool belt line up properly? I click on slots above 2 or 3 and the hit box for the button is not in the toolbelts slot. This happens for me only when the tool belt is set vertically, horizontally it seems ok.

 

Can we also finally fix the horses not entering the mine when hitched? they run around in top of the ground and get killed. Or when you ride into an iron vein your horse disapears until you relog and you get kicked off your horse.

 

New animals are a plus but please fix the old bugs too.

Edited by TheShawv
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

 

All of the issues players have expressed concern about are being addressed, not just the wurmpedia. That's the graphic I had to share. I've used the new UI ever since releasing, and I've never had trouble with the 8th or 9th slot (and have not once used numbers to select them). Had you posted that issue in the thread about the UI?

Possibly not in the thread about the UI but:

 

Small size toolbelt is out of sync in UI - Client Bugs - Wurm Online Forum

UI scaling is not repositioning the area you need to click on toobelts when set vertical - Client Bugs - Wurm Online Forum

(New UI) Click on toolbelt tool icons doesn't activate the tool - Client Bugs - Wurm Online Forum

 

It's certainly come up in the client bugs reporting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

 

All of the issues players have expressed concern about are being addressed, not just the wurmpedia. That's the graphic I had to share. I've used the new UI ever since releasing, and I've never had trouble with the 8th or 9th slot (and have not once used numbers to select them). Had you posted that issue in the thread about the UI?

I thought i read a post somewhere where someone else addressed it. This was when it was just released. So i didn’t make a post about it. Back then the issue began at the 5th slot.

idk how you use your toolbelt but i forgot to mention this happens in the vertical position. Horizontal seems to work fine.

i know they worked on more issues but i just felt the wurmpedia seems less important since it’s also accessible in a webbrowser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to be able to be Pack animals too!!!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 12:38 AM, Delone said:

 

Not sure what animal this is supposed to work on, but with horses on a known water tile, there are no noises, and no different behavior.

 

The wiki say this, but then notes it is both unconfirmed and unknown in the footnote.

 

If somebody can show how this works, I would love to know.

 

Spoiler

[21:09:17] You attempt to hide from others.
[21:12:37] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:12:37] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:17:56] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:17:56] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:28:19] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:28:19] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:37:31] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:37:31] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:46:31] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:46:31] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:57:56] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:57:56] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:01:59] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:01:59] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:06:44] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:06:44] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:19:38] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:19:55] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:19:55] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:27:34] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:28:48] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:28:48] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:28:58] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:29:14] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:32:42] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:32:42] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:35:01] You no longer hide.
[22:35:06] Horses like this one have many uses.
[22:35:06] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[22:35:06] A young fat goldenbilly looks trusting.
[22:35:06] This creature could use some grooming.
[22:35:06] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It has keen senses.
[22:35:06] Mother is Aged fat Clipwild. Father is Venerable fat Wingdream.
[22:35:13] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[22:35:13] It is being taken care of by Gary.
[22:35:13] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[22:35:13] A adolescent fat eaglekiss looks calm.
[22:35:13] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It has keen senses.
[22:35:13] Mother is Aged fat Fantasyrun. Father is Aged fat Eastprancer.
[22:35:25] You try to hide.
[22:35:29] You attempt to hide from others.
[22:37:06] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:40:27] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:40:27] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:42:13] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:42:13] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:42:41] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:42:41] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:44:13] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:46:46] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:47:06] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:47:06] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:49:18] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:57:13] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[23:03:19] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:03:19] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[23:05:36] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:05:36] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[23:07:49] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:07:49] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know that I would have thought of a donkey for a new animal, but this just seems fun. And yes, I hope we can use them as pack animals!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

 

  Hide contents

[21:09:17] You attempt to hide from others.
[21:12:37] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:12:37] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:17:56] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:17:56] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:28:19] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:28:19] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:37:31] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:37:31] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:46:31] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:46:31] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[21:57:56] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[21:57:56] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:01:59] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:01:59] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:06:44] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:06:44] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:19:38] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:19:55] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:19:55] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:27:34] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:28:48] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:28:48] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:28:58] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:29:14] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:32:42] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:32:42] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:35:01] You no longer hide.
[22:35:06] Horses like this one have many uses.
[22:35:06] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[22:35:06] A young fat goldenbilly looks trusting.
[22:35:06] This creature could use some grooming.
[22:35:06] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It has keen senses.
[22:35:06] Mother is Aged fat Clipwild. Father is Venerable fat Wingdream.
[22:35:13] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[22:35:13] It is being taken care of by Gary.
[22:35:13] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[22:35:13] A adolescent fat eaglekiss looks calm.
[22:35:13] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It has keen senses.
[22:35:13] Mother is Aged fat Fantasyrun. Father is Aged fat Eastprancer.
[22:35:25] You try to hide.
[22:35:29] You attempt to hide from others.
[22:37:06] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:40:27] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:40:27] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:42:13] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:42:13] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:42:41] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:42:41] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:44:13] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:46:46] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:47:06] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[22:47:06] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[22:49:18] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[22:57:13] Adolescent fat Eaglekiss purrs.
[23:03:19] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:03:19] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[23:05:36] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:05:36] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.
[23:07:49] You sense a sudden calm in Young fat Goldenbilly.
[23:07:49] Young fat Goldenbilly purrs.

 

 

Steps to reproduce? Does the animal need to be tamed as suggested by others? Does this only happen while in stealth as the text seems to indicate? Is it parked on a water tile, or it occurs when it wanders over one?

 

A number of people on Harmony attempted taming and riding/leading horses, leading dogs, not one message. If it requires taming and stealth, it's not so much a trait as an easter egg.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, Madnath said:

 

Fun is subjective. And while we've went over this a million times, and the fact it's a bad goal is common knowledge, I want to go over it again in hopes we get something eventually, even just a word saying "we'll look into it"

Rifts do have a place in the journal, but not 100 of them. Not everyone has the time they can dedicate to getting those 100 done even in the space of two, to three years. It's also not a challenging goal, instead it just says "we cannot think of anything better so we'll just pad the number out"

Also, priests benediction is a much better overall reward and they got like what, 2 significant changes to things for them to get it reasonably? They changed it so links in the rite cast count, and that charging the rite is also a bit better with the amount of favour scaling and lowering where appropriate.

 

You thinking it's a bad goal is subjective.  I think it's a great goal, also subjective.  

It's right in-line with the other lengthy goals: imp 100K times, perform 500K actions, get a skill to 99, etc, all skills that should take time to complete.  People can find time for Rifts if they really want to.  They cycle in time and day and only last around 1.5 hrs in SFI.  

https://www.niarja.com/universes/online/rifts

Rifts on Epic home servers stay open for a good while.  From experience, Serenity's is around 2-3 days.  Niarja says the others are >2 days.  There are opportunities for everyone in SFI.

 

Edit: You can literally show up in the last 20 minutes or so in wave 4 and earn enough points (25?) to complete the journal goal.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Delone said:

 

Steps to reproduce? Does the animal need to be tamed as suggested by others? Does this only happen while in stealth as the text seems to indicate? Is it parked on a water tile, or it occurs when it wanders over one?

 

A number of people on Harmony attempted taming and riding/leading horses, leading dogs, not one message. If it requires taming and stealth, it's not so much a trait as an easter egg.

 

 

 

Just as we said previously, tamed and on the tile. I happened to be stealthed that day but if you really need i can provide logs of a horse purring while im doing things near by on another day. The time differences in that sample are pretty random so I doubt its meant to be a replacement for a pendulum and requires a lot of patience. Is what it is.

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galatyn said:

It's right in-line with the other lengthy goals: imp 100K times, perform 500K actions, get a skill to 99, etc, all skills that should take time to complete.  People can find time for Rifts if they really want to.  

 

maybe its easier for you to understand this way

when mom yells down the basement that dinners ready and to pause your online game (rifts at times you cannot control)

vs

living on your own and ordering tendies when youre free to (literally any other goal you can do at your own discretion)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah the 100 rift goal is asinine. the other high number goals in the journal are normal wurm play, that one is artificial and requires travel as well as longer sessions at random times. I don't see why it can't be removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now