Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Barnyard Business

Awww. WTB, that slightly husky horse. I love its furry legs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malena said:

I won't comment on the actual speed/strength mechanics, however from the visual standpoint, what you describe is pretty much exactly what the above already is, only simplified :). (so instead of having all the world's breeds, arabs and other nimble breeds have been packaged into the "hot blooded" body type, morgan's, clysedales, shires etc have been packaged into "cold blooded" etc) If you look closely, you will see that the hot blooded model is pretty much an Arabian. The cold blooded is meant to be a draft horse shape etc. 

It's been 30+ years since I dealt with horses, and I forgot all the Cold, Hot BLOODED language, but ya, you do have it all in there.  Very cool!  Hopefully the models follow the traits - so that cold blooded do get a hauling bonus, etc.  

• Like 1

I don't know whether this has been asked or answered yet, but do we know / can we expect multiple textures / types for donkeys like we do with horses? :) Can't wait for this to go live, new entities & items are always exciting.

On 4/18/2021 at 5:37 PM, Malcore said:

im going to kill every dam donkey on on the lands of wurm because of lack creative  the devs have for this game!

Until you'll meet super duper evil champ helldonkey on your way. :D

Maybe people will finally breed unicorns. instead of only those forsaken normal horses.

26 minutes ago, Xagru said:

im going to kill every dam donkey on on the lands of wurm because of lack creative  the devs have for this game!

I hope we get a journal goal or achievement for that called "SHUT UP DONKEEEY!!" or "Are we there yet?" 

hello 1st of all I want to thank all of the devs for the great work they do, and making Wurm a great game, But here is my beef, I play on steam on the Cadance server, before we add new animals to the game, how about fixing what is wrong 1st  on that server i travel over 3000 tiles just to fight any critters ( either low or no respawn areas), and cannot find any Bison. Wild horses or female sheep in the wild. If i want them i have to buy them at a high price from players, So from my point of view the new addition of a Donkey would be the same. and what would their purpose be. I mean let us be practicable would they carry extra supplies as a pack animal / pull a small cart/ let noob ride them. just saying it is wonderful for the new animal but i would love to see more wild horses and sheep and bison, before got more of the same, having to buy from players if we want them

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Russwoods said:

hello 1st of all I want to thank all of the devs for the great work they do, and making Wurm a great game, But here is my beef, I play on steam on the Cadance server, before we add new animals to the game, how about fixing what is wrong 1st  on that server i travel over 3000 tiles just to fight any critters ( either low or no respawn areas), and cannot find any Bison. Wild horses or female sheep in the wild. If i want them i have to buy them at a high price from players, So from my point of view the new addition of a Donkey would be the same. and what would their purpose be. I mean let us be practicable would they carry extra supplies as a pack animal / pull a small cart/ let noob ride them. just saying it is wonderful for the new animal but i would love to see more wild horses and sheep and bison, before got more of the same, having to buy from players if we want them

It is still an issue even in Harmony’s lower population levels.

It has been this way since the beginning of the steam release and not a lot was done to address it. 

You can’t find any wild horses or bison in the steppes or anywhere in the wild.

This is due to a server cap per domestic animal limitation. 

Simply put if enough horse breeders breed enough horses on 1 server, (somewhere around 1000 or 2000? ) wild horses won't spawn because the server thinks its hit its cap for horses to spawn. This was initially done to preserve mob spawn balance so 1 mob wouldn't achieve omnipresence on a server. 

The downside is that once enough X animals are bred by players, chance for them to spawn is almost nil. This was an issue on older freedom servers as well where you could roam for hours and only find 1 wild horse. 

It would need a big server code revamp to change spawn values. Or make the spawn cap higher. I think that could be a quick workaround. Not sure about the server load effect. 

4 hours ago, Russwoods said:

I have the same problem - took 6 months off wurm and got the itch to play back but cannot replace my sheep as there aren't any anywhere on Cadence, very few non hostile mobs anywhere to be honest. I also did not see many sheep even on deeds I passed either so where did they all go?

Fix or drastically increase the spawns first please

Edited by Rhianna

OMG   I love it,  I cant wait to have some very cute and stubborn donkeys running amok with my horses and other creatures.  Im so happy  YAY  Thank you all for everything you put into this game and everything you all put up with.  Much love  😍

On 4/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, Rhianna said:

I have the same problem - took 6 months off wurm and got the itch to play back but cannot replace my sheep as there aren't any anywhere on Cadence, very few non hostile mobs anywhere to be honest. I also did not see many sheep even on deeds I passed either so where did they all go?

Fix or drastically increase the spawns first please

You're not looking hard enough.  I know one spot where there's likely a dozen wild ones.

• Like 1

Really what server and map grid .you know so I can see for myself.if your info is accurate .myself I am at s11 and 12 on cadence. By all mean come to my place and see if I am not looking hard enough 

Edited by Russwoods

9 hours ago, Russwoods said:

Really what server and map grid .you know so I can see for myself.if your info is accurate .myself I am at s11 and 12 on cadence. By all mean come to my place and see if I am not looking hard enough 

I was out  there last night ....got 2 sheap, 1 female and 1 male  and 2 cows with me home 

killed of a bunch of animals so wait a couple of days now and go out in that area again and im sure u find some 

dont know where to write about new built-in wikipedia, can we hope copy to clipboard function there? or option to disable ingame wiki to prev. simple interface ?