Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Barnyard Business

valrei_2whisperfell.png

Pictured is Kadmint's Whisperfell castle, on Release in the Southern Isles!

Hello, Wurmians, and welcome to another Valrei International! This one is a very exciting one for me because I get to introduce our newest critter that will be populating the world of Wurm. I've been dying to tell you guys about them!

The devs have been hard at work implementing some changes for the upcoming Animal Update, and there are some exciting things on the way! There will be several new traits added into the game to improve animal husbandry and production, and provide bigger benefits to keeping and breeding critters of all kinds. These will also make having higher animal husbandry more helpful rather than detrimental to breeding like it has been. In addition to that, we are getting an adorable new creature…

donkey.png

Allow me to introduce the donkey! These cute little critters will be available as a mount for non-premium characters, so say goodbye to the days of slowly plodding along on cows. In addition to new traits and donkeys, we are going to bring a bit of personality to your herds by introducing slight variations in body shapes for horses. Who knows, with these little guys running around your fields and pastures, you might also find a bit of a surprise once they’ve mingled and gotten “comfortable” with your horses…

In-game Wurmpedia and UI fixes

wurmpedia.png

Another project we have been working on is finalizing some finishing touches and fixes for the newer UI, addressing concerns that some have had with it before removal of the old UI. This includes an update to make the Wurmpedia more accessible than ever, with the entirety of its information conveniently available in game. The screenshot above is just a concept, and it will be adjusted to fit visually with the UI by the time it is added in. The removal of the old UI will be announced when this update goes live.

Stability Issues

As you all may have noticed, Golden Valley has been having a bit of trouble getting situated after the migration, but today’s update will work on some stability issues and reduce the lag we have seen on all servers lately.

That’s it for this week’s Valrei International! If anyone needs me, I’ll be busy expanding my stables and preparing my pastures for the adorable herd additions on the way!

• Like 53
  • Cat 3

Looks awesome, so cute!!!

Is there a est time on the animal update and more details on the new traits, will this info be available before the update goes live?

Thanks again, keep up the great work! :)

• Like 4

So it sounds like we may also be getting Mules and Hinny's?  ..... where's my grooming brush!

• Like 3

S5 Donkeys meep meep :D

Edited by denully
  • Like 2

Pack mules and extra "carry more" traits  😀   .. leading a 'train' of them with a wagon ...

many possibilities, can't wait to see what we get.

Awesome news on the animals updates! Yeah, time to rethink my animal pens for sure :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

Looks awesome, so cute!!!

Is there a est time on the animal update and more details on the new traits, will this info be available before the update goes live?

Thanks again, keep up the great work! :)

We will be announcing details on the date soon!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trash said:

Are donkeys live already?

No, they will go live with the Animal Update coming soon :) I'm very impatient for them though!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Who knows, with these little guys running around your fields and pastures, you might also find a bit of a surprise once they’ve mingled and gotten “comfortable” with your horses…

ohhh O_O 

53 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

information conveniently available in game

aww im glad i missed it :)

So will you be able to hitch the mule to a small cart and ride in it ?

And will they have names?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josuhacalvert said:

Quack, Quack,..... yes my duckies you will be free soon!!!

Donkey + Horse = Duck confirmed?

• Like 1

:( no but one can only hope for the poor ducks.. poor poor ducks... RISE OF THE QUACKERS!!!

• Like 1

Obligatory post asking for journal stuff/ 100 rift removal

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Madnath said:

+1

Great news!

May we get different shapes for us humans too with the update?

• Like 3

This may open up some opportunities for my future zoo.

*Makes notes about adding 1 male troll named Shrek, 1 female troll named Fabiola, 1 donkey named....... 🤔      ...... Donkey and one female dragon to be bred with the donkey*

Thorin :)

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

Looks like a great promise of change. Keep up the good work. Have being here in multiple forms now older and wiser then before.
Supporting the game once again! ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Pictured is Kadmint's Whisperfell castle, on Release in the Northern Isles!

Release isn't southern ? :)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kgorski said:

Release isn't southern ? :)

Secret announcement of the migration of the two freedom clusters.... :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

Do not remove it.

Time consuming?  Yes.  Difficult to complete an individual rift? No, it's very easy and fun with a group.

This is part of the final journal entry for non-priests to complete to earn the coveted cape.  Since it can be thought of as an end-game goal, it should not be accomplished in a short timeframe.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 3

When will we get a food storage unit?

Now I can fit 12 bsb on 2 tiles but only 7 fsb on 4 tiles.

• Like 4