Sign in to follow this  
Antony

Dynamic music

So I'm back from a 5 or 6 month break away from Wurm and the last few days I've had all the default settings running including all the game sound effects. The music has gotten a  bit stale over that time, which is a shame cause it's a gosh darn gorgeous soundtrack. Tom E Morrison did a fantastic job with it. 

I'd like to suggest that music be more dynamic so that it changes depending on the local landmass.

Are you on deed? Play deed music. Wandering a forest? Play a nice eclectic adventure melody. Going through a large desert? Play some Arabian inspired piece. Are there a large number of players in local, or lots of players in combat? Bring out the drums of war, play some edge of your seat battle music to really get the blood flowing. Out at sea? Maybe some sea voyage music. Fishing? fishing music, whatever that sounds like.

Anyway, just a thought.

• Like 3

This is a great idea. There's some sort of dynamic music playing, I hear "North Towards the Iron Gap" and "Flatland Stride" many times when I head into the wild, but these doesn't play on deed pretty much at all. The newer soundtracks are even divided to "Meditation and Work" and "Travel and Exploration". 

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 1

+1 More atmospheric music could do wonders for the Wurm experience.

• Like 1

* Add option to mute specific theme/s or all

--edit

also.. 

wurm music is ok.. but it's not all 'normalized' or whatever soundmastering that was, some of it's ost is super high, other is super low, other is normal... these need to follow some standard to not drive people crazy or scare them.. game at times have -none- of the ost playing, and randomly starts a high tune... that's not good.. 😕

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Lol have wurm fix all the sound and audio bugs first. Its ridiculous at its current state and we are in 2021....