Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

North Hammerlake Tunnel Restoration and Improvement

This is not an immediate call for workers, just a longer term project proposal. The tunnel and canal connecting Lake Selkie and Hammer Lake has had veins left in the water passage as long as I am playing in Wurm. It would be nice anyway to have an unimpeded passage.

Recently, there are 21 veins in the way.

GegjiSW.png?1

Due to the mountainous area above, few if any may be removed using erupt. But it should be feasible to mine them all out over time.

• Like 4

When i get a chance i will run by and mine some silvers, i do need alot of them to improve my Smithing and Weapon Smithing.

Edited...

I manage to hit 300+ iron somewhere in the middle of that canal. I will get more later, trying to find a suitable spot to deed. Still working on those mining skills, long, slow process.

Edited by Eilistraee
  • Like 1

I just deeded the spot just west of the south entrance to this canal. I've actually been working a bit to make the canal deeper 25-30 slope to make it passible by all ships.. I'll consider getting some veins as well. Thanks for mentioning this!

• Like 1

Avoid over 20 depth as at maximum (which is 27 from water table in tunnels) you cannot mine ceilings anymore, cannot reinforce/pave the floor etc. For caravels, 15 is minimum requirement, and 20 is just fine. Else, great you are working on.

Yeah the tunnel is very shallow, not even sure if a Knarr would make it through there and few ore veins happen to block the passage. I will hang out in this canal for awhile, until i am ready to set out.

The tunnel is perfect for knarr since years.

Good info on veins and so on very useful for ppl and what to get.

Nice to see that the tunnel will get improved.

You can remove a few veins with erupt near the old mottistone trading post . (From 264 to 309)

It was because of that village (tunnel was deeded over) that I could not do it in the past.

Edited by Faldor
  • Like 1

I wouldnt mind living in that tunnel, if i can find the right path above it to deed over that spot. That spot where the green room lights, wouldnt be so bad, tricky trying to find that right spot above it. I not even sure if i am allow to deed over the canal.

There is the graphic fire command.... gods what is it, something like open the command menu and type in firebomb or something (ask in GL and someone can tell you).  Only you can see it, looks like the mag spell, but will go from the underground area to the surface so you can see where it is.  

2 hours ago, Spacy said:

There is the graphic fire command.... gods what is it, something like open the command menu and type in firebomb or something (ask in GL and someone can tell you).  Only you can see it, looks like the mag spell, but will go from the underground area to the surface so you can see where it is.  

Interesting, was gonna ask a friend to stay down there in that tunnel and travel up there on surface and see if i can locate it.

Edited...

Dunno if i am allow to do this, but i asked Enki and see what happen. Wanted to find a fresh place to work on and earn it and like to be by the waters and live in those caves. That green room in that canal, would be great parking my rowboat and sailboat later on. But i dont think i am allowed to mess with those canal. I have seen few canals like this, but probably gonna need a permission from GMs to approve it. The surface from that spot, isnt bad, just need to pin point that location from that green room.

Edited by Eilistraee

On 4/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, Ekcin said:

Avoid over 20 depth as at maximum (which is 27 from water table in tunnels) you cannot mine ceilings anymore, cannot reinforce/pave the floor etc. For caravels, 15 is minimum requirement, and 20 is just fine. Else, great you are working on.

Oof ... I've already done around 150+  tiles....they're coming out 30 on one side and 20 on the other.. essentially like 30\/20 with the 30 along the highway side..   this will save a ton of time from here on out :)

Edited by Dathius

On 4/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, Dathius said:

I just deeded the spot just west of the south entrance to this canal. I've actually been working a bit to make the canal deeper 25-30 slope to make it passible by all ships.. I'll consider getting some veins as well. Thanks for mentioning this!

Similar here- I just re-deeded Solitude at the North entrance (my deed token is actually up the bridge above the tunnel) It disbanded a month or so ago and I am finally getting back to it. Doesn't look like there is anything on my deed that obstructs the flow through the canal, but at least I can be close enough to help mine a bit further down. :)

7 hours ago, Rhoxxi said:

Similar here- I just re-deeded Solitude at the North entrance (my deed token is actually up the bridge above the tunnel) It disbanded a month or so ago and I am finally getting back to it. Doesn't look like there is anything on my deed that obstructs the flow through the canal, but at least I can be close enough to help mine a bit further down. :)

Yeah thank alot, just kicked out my BSB and i cant access that silvers and irons there where i made the forge :( I was hanging out til i ready to move out, thanks for stealing my loots in that willow crate!

3 minutes ago, Eilistraee said:

Yeah thank alot, just kicked out my BSB and i cant access that silvers and irons there where i made the forge :( I was hanging out til i ready to move out, thanks for stealing my loots in that willow crate!

Oh no! I promise the BSB was empty and I put it on the perimeter. I will move the forge to the perimeter as well. :( I knew I shouldn't have taken a month from my deed. Sorry!

On 4/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, Dathius said:

24 minutes ago, Rhoxxi said:

Oh no! I promise the BSB was empty and I put it on the perimeter. I will move the forge to the perimeter as well. :( I knew I shouldn't have taken a month from my deed. Sorry!

Eilistraee - I looked around the lower level of the deed and found there was a trash heap and a forge, and I pushed them to the perimeter for you. There was also a crate (the kind that is made when items are dropped on the ground) with ore, leather, logs, etc. I put all of the items in the forge. I didn't see any silver, just iron. I wasn't able to move the forge past the point it hit the perimeter since it told me it was planted. If needed, I can put in a support ticket to push it further if you can't move it.

Again, I am sorry - when I reinstated the deed that we had in that space last month, I didn't know you had dropped some things in the canal.  I am still very new to Wurm and learning the ropes.

Not sure who slaughtered and left all of the animals (and the poor trees) around my deed's  perimeter, but I sure don't want to make that person angry in the future. Hope we can move past this!

16 minutes ago, Rhoxxi said:

Eilistraee - I looked around the lower level of the deed and found there was a trash heap and a forge, and I pushed them to the perimeter for you. There was also a crate (the kind that is made when items are dropped on the ground) with ore, leather, logs, etc. I put all of the items in the forge. I didn't see any silver, just iron. I wasn't able to move the forge past the point it hit the perimeter since it told me it was planted. If needed, I can put in a support ticket to push it further if you can't move it.

Again, I am sorry - when I reinstated the deed that we had in that space last month, I didn't know you had dropped some things in the canal.  I am still very new to Wurm and learning the ropes.

Not sure who slaughtered and left all of the animals (and the poor trees) around my deed's  perimeter, but I sure don't want to make that person angry in the future. Hope we can move past this!

Yeah i was wondering that too, sorry i didnt see anything i can pickup that is mine. When i got back, those trees were laying around on the ground. So i am gonna move on, find another spot to hang out. I can alway make another willow crate, no big deal.

9 minutes ago, Eilistraee said:

Yeah i was wondering that too, sorry i didnt see anything i can pickup that is mine. When i got back, those trees were laying around on the ground. So i am gonna move on, find another spot to hang out. I can alway make another willow crate, no big deal.

Thanks Eilistraee - just let me know if you want me to have a support person move your forge over to another tile. And I am happy to help mine some silver to replace what you lost (I am very low level, but will do what I can). I will be on this weekend if you want some help. :)

I try to mine what I can when I pass through, but I don't have tons of time to sit and just mine there.  Hopefully the little bit I get each time does help.  I understand the desire to have an open waterway, and not have to maneuver around those darned columns of metals...

Just to mention: The console command to mark an area on the surface so that it looks bit like lava (or the area affected by the Magranon AoE combat spell of the same name) is (F1 for console, then) firepillar. You can issue it underground then see above where the tunnel location is. I for my part have a keybind (F1 for console, then) bind ctrl+x "say firepillar". The command is very popular among miners for obvious reasons. It is fully client side, the graphical shape of the tiles affected only lasts for the client session for the individual player.

Edit: Everyone considering to just pick a few or a few hundred ores (which is highly appreciated) should prolly concentrate on the 5 veins on the eastern water lane (numbered 1 in the spreadsheet) as this will grant unimpeded though narrow pass through relatively soon.

Edited by Ekcin

Thanks.  Knew it was something like that.  

Any chance of a map reference so I can tell which tunnel we're talking about? I'll be quite happy to swing by and pop that tin vein.

South K13 to north J13 ingame map, 2650,4041 to 2650, 3240 community map, settlement Humble Cove on the south, and Greystone Terrace (formerly Fogshore) on the north end.

4 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

South K13 to north J13 ingame map, 2650,4041 to 2650, 3240 community map, settlement Humble Cove on the south, and Greystone Terrace (formerly Fogshore) on the north end.

Cheers. I'm there now, tap-tap-tapping away at the tin vein. I may not fully pop it today, but I'll take at least three or four crates out of it.

• Like 2

You can scrub the tin vein off the list. Popped it. All 2,146 ores en route to my smelter.