Sign in to follow this  
DADLER

Defiance Skill Gain Bonus

The portal system on Freedom makes it nice to seamlessly switch between PVE and PVP but there seems to be a  misconception among many Freedom players.  I understand people play the game for different reasons.  If you play to make silver then Defiance probably isn't for you since there is virtually no economy.  However most of the Freedom players I've spoken to feel that they'll die the instant they go through a PVP portal which isn't the case on Defiance.  Due to raid windows, Defiance isn't as cut throat as Chaos or Epic.   Which I think a lot of people are basing their misconceptions on.  I think a 25% minimum passive skill/stat gain increase on Defiance would encourage more people from PVE to dabble a little bit on Defiance.  There also isn't  isn't much incentive to go Path of Knowledge due to the meditation level cap on Defiance.   The skill bonus doesn't necessarily have run 24/7 but maybe it could run on weekends or something to entice folks who don't want to grind up meditation on Freedom.  This would also help narrow the skill gap and potentially pave the way for a possible server transfers or merger.  If people wanted to switch around from Defiance to Chaos or Epic to Defiance, etc.

What are your guys thoughts?

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 2

I personally think a small skill bonus to counter-balance the power of PoK on NFI PvE would be fair. Frankly, it sucks knowing that to truly min-max your efforts for the best results in PvP involves grinding a lot on PvE when it comes to NFI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I personally think a small skill bonus to counter-balance the power of PoK on NFI PvE would be fair. Frankly, it sucks knowing that to truly min-max your efforts for the best results in PvP involves grinding a lot on PvE when it comes to NFI.

I agree, it is kinda sad..

People should want to go to a PvP server because they want to PvP, not because they want 25% more skill gain, so that sounds like a very weird incentive and I don't see how it would help fix the misconceptions which you mentioned.

As for PoK, that path isn't really interesting for PvP to begin with, right? So if you take that route in order to grind your skills in PvE then you'd have to change path and grind that back up before returning for PvP for the most optimal effect. Sounds like a good enough opportunity cost that it's a non-issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecrir said:

People should want to go to a PvP server because they want to PvP, not because they want 25% more skill gain, so that sounds like a very weird incentive and I don't see how it would help fix the misconceptions which you mentioned.

As for PoK, that path isn't really interesting for PvP to begin with, right? So if you take that route in order to grind your skills in PvE then you'd have to change path and grind that back up before returning for PvP for the most optimal effect. Sounds like a good enough opportunity cost that it's a non-issue.

Dumbest post i read in a while

3 hours ago, Ecrir said:

It would help because currently there is no incentive.  I’m not a priest and I don’t have crazy stats but I’d probably go PoK if it was offered as a legitimate option on Defiance

Ok...  So I'm not a PvPer, never have been, never will.  I had my fill in Salem.

If you go play on PvP, you run a risk of losing progress on skills.

It seems only fair to slightly increase skillgain to offset that risk.  In terms of game design it does make sense to reward heightened risk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ecrir said:

So if you take that route in order to grind your skills in PvE then you'd have to change path and grind that back up before returning for PvP for the most optimal effect. Sounds like a good enough opportunity cost that it's a non-issue.

you're aware meditation path doesn't cross from freedom to defiance so you can have pok on freedom and a pvp path on defiance right, there's 0 opportunity cost lol

• Like 2

Was about to post that. Isn't there a 1:1 ratio on NFI when you cross over with defiance with skills? 

@Darklordsany possibility of getting at least a passive 25% bonus (pok) to those with 70 mediation skill that play on defiance? requirement being having the 70 med ofc. we are well beyond that threshold of people hitting 70 and starting to drift off of defiance due to pure lack of efficiency grinding here

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2