Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

List of most expensive items sold in Wurm

I am just curious about which items have been sold over the years at the highest price.

In EVE, the most eminent sandbox game of the era, the most expensive items are old legacy ships that were made to be unique. In Runescape and other similar games it is also old legacy items.

But In Wurm we have the rarity system, so a fantastic item from today could become the most valuable of all.

The most valuable old item in Wurm is often considered the MBOK, which have been sold for around 2g / 200s each. But fantastic items, and also other legacy itens, have sold for more. 

Which other fantastic items do you know that have been sold for more than 2g? Some of the sales prices have been confidential, but you can reveal them now many years later!

SO here are some items from Freedom/Chaos:

6.5 gold for not a single item, but an MBOK with goodies here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/185159-mbok-with-small-size-tools/

Also, scale full sets went for around 7g in the old days (Felthanne in this thread) 

On Epic:

• Valrei charges reportedly sold as high as 8g at first

On NFI prices have been even higher (but I am not keeping track):

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 3

I have heard that once, Smoke from Sol sold for over 3g on Epic, like over 5-8 years ago? It was just a rumor so cannot confirm that.

I guess buyer wanted it really bad couse normal prices of it at that time were between 0,5-1,5g.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

If we take some accounts or deeds into play, we've had many sell for dozens of gold. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

I have heard that once, Smoke from Sol sold for over 3g on Epic, like over 5-8 years ago? It was just a rumor so cannot confirm that.

I guess buyer wanted it really bad couse normal prices of it at that time were between 0,5-1,5g.

My first scale set came from a smoke from sol charge, it was 3g per charge on freedom 

• Like 1

Yeah first valrei scenario item drops on epic were crazy expensive. Some even shelled out 800 Euros for 1 charge. 

Then they became more standardized as scenarios went faster when people realized how to efficiently move the gods to win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tor said:

If remember right, it probably went for 7g and applied on a shadow mask

Yep, the bone was sold by the Crusaider Kingdome.
It was us who sold the fantastic pickaxe, honestly I do not remember how much, it was runed and imbued.

we also bought a Fantastic carving knife from an auction; if I well remember we paid it more than 2 gold, probably something between 2,50-2,80 gold.

• Like 1

Im guessing some toons got sold for several golds worth.

• Like 1

Back in the day Drake and Scale sets used to go for a pretty penny. Back in the JK Home days when there wasn't many of them around. 

fantastic bone would be the most expensive imho

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, brattygirl said:

Back in the day Drake and Scale sets used to go for a pretty penny. Back in the JK Home days when there wasn't many of them around. 

Some scale sets were sold for 350-400 euros (424-484,5 dollars) in the past, for most considered the best and most exclusive armor.

3-4g (RMT is gone, fortunately) is fairly normal pricing for scale sets. Recent material pricing is around 70-75s/kg, and 5.8 kg are needed for a full set. That is the SFI situation. On NFI, no more than material for 2-5sets comes out every month (often scattered among hundred or more players), so there is no market price for a full set as there is no market. Maybe, if such a set comes to an auction, 2 digit gold might be reached.

Updated and necroed with Wand of the Seas that was just auctioned!

I must say I haven't followed auctions on NFI so I dunno how high up they have gone.

I paid 8.2 gold for a fantastic pickaxe fragment. It ended up being gold upon completion.  NFI

On 9/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, Reverent said:

I paid 8.2 gold for a fantastic pickaxe fragment. It ended up being gold upon completion.  NFI

Ooof.

I have paid 16.5g total for the 6.234kg of scale sitting in my inventory on NFI.

Once I paid 420E (back during RMT days at 60E/1G rates) for scale, before dragons respawned.

I paid 240E for my summer hat (same rates as above).

Edited by Felthanne
Corrected rate from 0.6E -> 60E

17 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Once I paid 420E (back during RMT days at 0.6E/1G rates) for scale

I suppose you mean 0.6E/1s?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cista said:

I suppose you mean 0.6E/1s?

Good catch!

Sorry, sleep deprived new dad over here.

3 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Good catch!

Sorry, sleep deprived new dad over here.

Congratulations! (not with the big Wurm expenses though lol)

15 hours ago, Cista said:

Congratulations! (not with the big Wurm expenses though lol)

Thank you!

On 4/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, Luttuosa said:

It was us who sold the fantastic pickaxe, honestly I do not remember how much, it was runed and imbued.

360eu, not an auction but a direct sale from thread. not sure if it's the same one you were informed about
Fantastic carving knife was (edit: apparently just 1.25g, i found it LOL) - i still have it.

We also sold (on NFI) 2 supreme knarrs at 4g each

Supreme hammer went for 3G buyout (NFI) here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/188292-w

5g+ for Fantastic strange bone sold in 2017, reportedly 7g:  

Yep, i can confirm this was bought out for 7g and used on a shadow mask (Before they were re-introduced by archaeology, lol)

Edit: i confirmed it because i remember it clearly, i was not associated to the sellers, if you want you can edit away my name and put Egard's one at this point

Edited by Davih

I sold a fantastic bone for 7g and a scale set which at the time cost about 3-4g. Back in like 2018. 

I can confirm the fantastic bone you have listed sold for 700 euros. 

My unique group and Kingdom acquired and sold 3 fantastic bones between 2017-2019. 

Edited by Egard

Blood of the Angels sold for 6gold a charge. 2 charges were sold for this after a recent public slaying.

20 hours ago, brattygirl said:

Blood of the Angels sold for 6gold a charge. 2 charges were sold for this after a recent public slaying.

Is this NFI?

1 hour ago, Cista said:

Is this NFI?

No it was SFI. Tomes go for ridiculous amounts.