Sign in to follow this  
Tryfaen

Divide the village recruitment section by cluster

For ease of use, I feel like dividing the village recruitment section of the forum by cluster would make it easier to narrow down relevant recruitment posts especially for new and returning players.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/84-village-recruitment-center/

My experience:

Haven't played in years, decided to check out recruitment posts. Maybe I can find a village to join to help me get back on my feet. I know there's a new cluster and new servers but I don't really know their names yet.

I head over to the forum and some threads have server names tags, some dont. I know there's a new cluster and new servers but I don't really know their names yet. A few threads say NFI which i learn is the designation for the new cluster(North Freedom Isles), most threads do not indicate NFI/SFI.

That is already the case. It is just that people do not use those forums. Each server name on the forums has its own recruitment sub forum for only that server. 

Those forums are mostly dead because everyone just uses the main big village recruitment forum that spans over all servers. 

Also normally people do just stick to the main forums and don't really go into sub forums.  Either make those sub forums noticeable by making them main forums on the forum index page and then getting rid of the main village recruitment forum. 

Or make the village recruitment forum like the art section forums. Where there is the northern cluster pve and the southern cluster pve. Pvp would be under the pvp tag for that cluster. Under North would be the the 3 pve servers in the pve section and then under pvp would be the 1 pvp server for example. 

Oh, I forgot about epic, that would be there too.  Or you could have 2 sides. On the left is Pve and on the right is Pvp.  Under Pve would be Northern and Southern and under each server cluster name would be the servers themselves.

That or just make it mandatory that people must label the server or servers + cluster that their recruitment is based on. 

Wurm just needs to add an in-game recruitment board where you can see which villages are recruiting with their coordinates listed.

A new player then should either be able to PM the mayor himself or "apply" to join via a button. 

Trust me, 90% of new players DO NOT go to forums looking for a village to join. 

I was one of them myself. 

Make it easier so that new players actually have a starting town with real people where they can learn the game on their own pace instead of forcing them to survive right away or dive into the mess of forum recruitment. 

Edited by Berms
  • Like 1