Sign in to follow this  
Tek

G-Loot Partnership?

Was doing a check on press releases from GameChest and realized there was one I had overlooked announcing a partnership agreement between GCG and G-Loot. I was just curious if anyone had heard anything else about this anywhere or if the dev team knows what exactly this will mean?

Link: https://gamechestgroup.com/investor-relations/press-release/20962

Copied English:

Game Chest has today entered into a partnership agreement with the esport company G-Loot (“G-Loot Global Esports AB”). The partnership will initially mean that Game Chest with its game Wurm Online together with G-Loots platform G-Awards will arrange real-money competitions for the game's most dedicated players.

The Game Chest Group works actively on several fronts to be able to offer existing and new customers an exciting experience in all platforms. This agreement with G-Loot is an exciting part of the company's work to be able to offer its existing long-term players in the Wurm product a new type of commitment.

The quotes from it are also a bit interesting:

“It feels incredibly fun that an esports giant like G-Loot has shown an interest in Game Chest and that together we take care to improve and develop the company's existing games. We look forward to the partnership as a whole and strongly believe that G-Loot can be a long-term strategic partner for more of the Game Chest Group's products and services ”
- Robin Bäcklund, CEO of Game Chest

“We are very much looking forward to working with Game Chest and the game Wurm Online. Wurm is a unique game with a very committed and loyal user base, something that has made the game live on for many years. We believe that our competitions and creative ways of rewarding talented players will fit in extremely well here. We also look forward to generating value for an MMORPG game that is not usually associated with competitions and esports.
- Tobias Tönsfeldt, Sr. Business Developer, G-Loot.

Edited by Tek

The ######? Nervous, but intrigued?

Edited by Zuelatak

I am carefully optimistic, but I don't see how competitions can be added to Wurm in a balanced and fair way.

• Like 2

On another note. Wurm Battle Royale?! I'm pausing. I'm champing.

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

holy ###### time to quit my job and become a wurm online esports celebrity

@Madnathyou too

You have a job? Oo

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

5 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

You have a job? Oo

no i forage through the vast forests of sydney for berries to sustain myself and play wurm by siphoning wifi from mcdonalds on a thinkpad they gave me for school a decade ago

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

no i forage through the vast forests of sydney for berries to sustain myself and play wurm by siphoning wifi from mcdonalds on a thinkpad they gave me for school a decade ago

Id believe that. :D

• Like 1

rip stonks 😕

0c55fb8bb4e181df70bb6c48c252920c.png

joke aside... 

only thing that comes to mind is.. challenge server(s).. or Battle Royale.... but.. wurm is skill and turn based combat.. you can be afk if you have the skills vs a noob..

where is the competitiveness, we'll fight over top score on niarja.com for stp and top10-50 positions to get rewards every month? Who's paying or bidding for such entertainment? 🤔

Edited by Finnn

Sounds like something that would encourage macro behavior over time. 

Doubt it's gonna happen tho.

Only thing the devs could do is make another challenge with 50x skillgain, 4x action timers to make wurm be fast as hell. 

Would be a cool server to jump in tbh. 

That being said, reading about g-loot, they seem to have a scammy / dubious approach. You need to pay $ to participate in challenges and they don't always register as completed. That alone raises a lot of red flags. 

You need to install a client on your PC for them to "keep track" of achievements and challenges. Doesn't inspire trust. 

• Like 1

It's nothing huge, we're not adding battle royale 😛 

The partnership is intended to help us out with organizing a one time competition that's very much like the usual competitions we would do, just with real money rewards to test that out, instead of the usual silvers and premium time. We'll announce that competition soon.

• Like 5

Well, we know that Game Chest is after our $ and not really reinvesting in the game as much as they could be.

This is probably another money making scheme to suck more $ out of us by hyping some kind of new server... like "new server X, must pay for premium on it to compete, you could win prizes etc, first person to 90 skill gets 100euro" etc.

Makes sense with the updating of achievement tracking lately.

Edited by phennexion

1 hour ago, phennexion said:

Well, we know that Game Chest is after our $ and not really reinvesting in the game as much as they could be.

This is probably another money making scheme to suck more $ out of us by hyping some kind of new server... like "new server X, must pay for premium on it to compete, you could win prizes etc, first person to 90 skill gets 100euro" etc.

Makes sense with the updating of achievement tracking lately.

Actually the competition has zero payment to enter. It's the same as other competitions we have done, just with a cash prize. As explained by Samool right above your comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Actually the competition has zero payment to enter. It's the same as other competitions we have done, just with a cash prize. As explained by Samool right above your comment. 

Sure, 0 to "enter the competition", but will definitely require premium to be competitive?

18 minutes ago, phennexion said:

Sure, 0 to "enter the competition", but will definitely require premium to be competitive?

if you're broke i can lend you 5 silver i dont mind

14 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Nice fanboi deflection. Fact is I suspect Game Chest to  implement low hanging fruit strategies to milk this community for all they can while investing minimally back into the game we love. We haven't seen otherwise since the steam release. 

I'd love for someone at Game Chest to actually prove me wrong. I love this game, been in it since 2007 - but the recent patches and lack of communication from Wurm's actual leadership has me concerned.

• Like 2

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

i'm sorry it's taken you 14 years to figure that out

Nah, didn't require "14 years". Stop trying to troll and contribute to the conversation in a meaningful way.

I feel like they were still trying to do good things with Wurm, releasing Jackal for example. It wasn't perfect, but it was a step in the right direction. Since then there's been nothing, even after all the steam release money rolled in. If there is a good valid reason for lack of development, then just tell us, we want to support Wurm. But ###### like this G-Loot just shows how far they've strayed from Wurm's original vision.

3 minutes ago, phennexion said:

Stop trying to troll and contribute to the conversation in a meaningful way.

you're concern trolling with your questions that keep moving the goalposts and insinuating that they're only after money so 🤷‍♂️

enjoy your day i guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Can I have five silver. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

Can I have five silver. 

who are you again?

• Like 1