Sign in to follow this  
Eilistraee

Crashing client (Steam)

I have been experience some issues as well, it seem when i pick things up, sometimes it crashes to desktop. I just got a new rig, believe the windows have already updated the system itself. Running from Steam version, NVIDIA Settings is running, but didnt add the game to the profile tho. Also had Steam overlay disabled too. Just noticed, not just picking up things, it crash while moving around too.

I can play for awhile, just sometimes when this happen to CTDs really starting to get on my nerves. Also once kicked, sometimes having a hard time trying to get back in the game. So idk if its Steam and/or the Wurm having issues. Just wont connect...!@#$

Edited by Eilistraee

have you tried playing on low/est settings, do you still crash?

On 4/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, Finnn said:

have you tried playing on low/est settings, do you still crash?

I am about to, got everything on max, except the shadow is lowered to high. Running on 30-60fps with those settings at 1920x1080. Idk change the resolution first and/or graphic settings. Like to take this one step at a time and also forgot to mention i am on Xanadu Server, been seeing players come and go, like trying to log back in too.

Just reduce it to 1440x900, so far doing good. See what happen for the next couple of days. Funny the desktop resolution is 3840x2160 (recommended), i did try that in the game, lag a bit, everything seem so small and i had to increase the scale of UI and Texts. So at 1440x900, the fps increases by 10-20 percent.

Edited...

After few days, it wasnt giving me any problems with 1440x900, then started to crash few times this morning. Idk maybe something is running in the background, like Windows checking for updates, etc. Seem getting worst, mostly clicking on things, picking up and moving into areas. I dont think its the graphic settings causing this, do i need to verified the files and reinstall Java, least have the latest update?

After few more crashes, i checked the folder where the game is and noticed something about Java Error Log or Report, so idk if this is Java causing this or something else combined. I really like to get this resolved, cause i just subbed the game and got a year of membership. Playing off and on, with too many crashes isnt good thing. Make me wanna dump the game and find something else to hang out.

Edited by Eilistraee

Okay it been up and down, believe have something to do with Java and i do have the lastest driver, but for 64-bit (recommended), that might be a problem. So i checked my Internet Browser and its running 64-bit, but not sure what i should have disabled or enabled on the settings. For example, should i be switching back and fourth to the Internet while playing? Cause there are times it crashed, that i havent been even been on the internet, IE looking up on Wikipedia, etc.

Now the question is, what platform is Steam? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?? I do remember seeing that on the official page that you can download and run 64-bit Wurm Online, wasnt sure what going on here with Steam Version. I can get in touch with someone to take a look at the error log reports? Where or who do i send it??? If they look into it, might be able to clean up some of this mess.

I manage to send the crash log to crashing log thread, see if they can spot the problems (hopefully).

Edited by Eilistraee