Sign in to follow this  
Capi

Uniques - A New Approach

So one question to be asked is how does having Scale and Drake at its current rarity and cost affect cash flow into the game. 

IF a full scale set is x gold and a rare is x gold and people are buying silver in the store then Wurm would literally be slitting its financial throat in some way by making it easier to get.  

Rarity breeds whales or people with lots of disposable money they are willing to spend on the game. 

Wurm needs cash influx to maintain servers and pay the 1.33223442 people who actually get paid and the servers. Ok it might be 3 im guessing here.

IN the past 2 weeks i went to two public slayings of dragons.

I have to say watching a dragon getting killed is about as exciting as imping a rope tool to get fine carp to build a wagon.

ITS BORING. 

And I watched it happen twice.  

On the second dragon I helped build the ramp to the mine and watched them bait it into the mine.

Shaker the tile.

Drop dirt. 

Summon the guy out and done.

24 hours later open door and dragon pops. out. 

People crowd on dragon and you hear 2,000 thuds per second of glances and no pens.  Couple nukes.  2minutes later its dead.

Then everybody gets blood worth about 2 silver for imbues ( which I did not know but got the ever living crap nerfed out of them) and whatever.

People spam trade paying .50-.70 copper per .001kg.

People with high Pas get paid big bucks to imp the hide to 95  + rare and make bank.

Bank being people paying RL money for silver in game to imp the scale.  Buy the scale.  Resell the scale.

Does wurm really want to mess with a system where people pay $100's of real life dollars funding the game .

You can talk about alternate systems of doing it all you want but you got to consider the influx for cash for Wurm and I think this cow MOOOS alot.