Sign in to follow this  
Knople

Traps and mobs

Hello I'm Knople,

I'd like to suggest the ability to use the myriad variety of traps available to us on mobs as well as on players.  (we have so many trap options, it'd be nice to use them, not only on players)

My reasoning is there are likely players similar to me who are either not very good at combat, prefer to gather sprung traps, or like to bait hunt.
I am unaware as to how coding would be used to implement the ability for traps to be usable on mobs, but perhaps it might be possible to add and additional "if, then" for the trap to recognize mob code as well as player code as an addendum. (I believe it should be fairly easy code wise, but again i don't know what I don't know so take my super simplified idea with a grain of salt.)

Thank you for your time.
-Knople

Edited by Knople
addition
  • Like 2

If this is firstly enabled only for Freedom servers, I think this would enrich the game.

If it were limited it to unbranded/uncared for/unled/unridden creatures, it would avoid wanton instances of griefing.

And once it's been test-played enough to be relatively bug-free, it could then be considered for adding to PvP servers.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:04 AM, Drayka said:

If this is firstly enabled only for Freedom servers, I think this would enrich the game.

If it were limited it to unbranded/uncared for/unled/unridden creatures, it would avoid wanton instances of griefing.

And once it's been test-played enough to be relatively bug-free, it could then be considered for adding to PvP servers.

Why PVP servers? Why make a whole skill tree of making traps (plus some other useless skills in PvE) when only used in PvP? 

I want to be able to make traps, go and do other work  come back and get my catch. 

That would be awesome and I think thats what most people think of when they see traps in the skill tree when they first start playing. 

Seriously, whats the player count in PVP? Are we going to pretend its still a thing? 

+1 If the traps in PVE can be limited to mobs only I could go for this.

If they had a large % damage increase vs. hunter then sure. I don't think it'd be all that worth it if bears survive being damaged by traps and then after a few minutes fully heal as if nothing happened. Meanwhile you just spent a couple minutes building a trap that did absolutely nothing.

18 hours ago, Antony said:

If they had a large % damage increase vs. hunter then sure. I don't think it'd be all that worth it if bears survive being damaged by traps and then after a few minutes fully heal as if nothing happened. Meanwhile you just spent a couple minutes building a trap that did absolutely nothing.

I don't see why traps are not working as traps in this game.

A trap is meant to TRAP an animal, not killing it.

Example: you place a bear trap, come back later and find a brown bear stuck on the tile the trap has been placed.

Now I can decide if I want to tame it, kill it or whatever. that is actual trapping.

If I wanted a trap to do damage, I might as well go out hunting myself yes

but traps (usually) aren't designed to do any (major) damage.

• Like 1