Sign in to follow this  
kazthegreat

Create a water source tile!!

It would be kind of cool to be able to create some sort of like trans-liquid to change a regular tile to a water source tile, kinda like changing sand to clay.

So we could have fountains, wells in places that are limited in space and far away for any other water source or area, lake or pond.

Edited by kazthegreat
  • Like 6

yess please!!!! could be lingoberries maybe to spice it up since they are harder to harvest...

Sorry to say I don’t think that’s likely to see the light of day any time soon. The game handles water purely based on level of the land being above/below ‘sea’ level, and I imagine that’s a pretty hefty change needing water physics. Eg, what do you see happening if a neighbouring tile is later dug down? The water expanding to two tiles? And that tile’s neighbour? Would be cool to have streams running down mountains and hills, but I don’t think that’ll be an easy change.

What should be easy and what I thought your suggestion would be based on the title - give us a way to make a water source tile (similar to a rod of transmutation). That is, turning a tile into a water source for wells and fountains. Placement of these isn’t usually the first thing you consider when deeding and building, and it’d be nice to be able to choose where to place these rather than being restricted to where the game randomly chose to place one.

edit: and maybe I misunderstood, and the second is what you mean! :)

Edited by Calan

Yes, that would be great.

Especially for limited spaces at the mountains top, where you can finally have a water source.

1 hour ago, Calan said:

Sorry to say I don’t think that’s likely to see the light of day any time soon. The game handles water purely based on level of the land being above/below ‘sea’ level, and I imagine that’s a pretty hefty change needing water physics. Eg, what do you see happening if a neighbouring tile is later dug down? The water expanding to two tiles? And that tile’s neighbour? Would be cool to have streams running down mountains and hills, but I don’t think that’ll be an easy change.

What should be easy and what I thought your suggestion would be based on the title - give us a way to make a water source tile (similar to a rod of transmutation). That is, turning a tile into a water source for wells and fountains. Placement of these isn’t usually the first thing you consider when deeding and building, and it’d be nice to be able to choose where to place these rather than being restricted to where the game randomly chose to place one.

edit: and maybe I misunderstood, and the second is what you mean! :)

I'm not talking about creating a water tile, i'm talking about making the tile able to put a fountain or well on to enable it to fill them as a water source. so the look of the tile wouldn't change just would add the ability for that tile to be used to fill well/fountain.

• Like 4

I really like this.

It's an interesting challenge to design around the natural resources, but as we can create and discreate clay, tar, peat and moss, and as we can buy ore veins we don't have, I see no reason that water tile creation should not also be equally available.

+1 on this.  Would love my fountains which are placed for asthetics to actually be functional!