Sign in to follow this  
sarahbee

Allow "muting" chat/event tabs to disable flashing/color change

I'm sure this gets suggested a lot but I didn't see it in the first 2 pages.

Managing chat tabs across multiple clients is a nightmare for me because of the unread tab color change. I want to keep channels open + log all skillgains but not have constant little nudges at the edge of my vision please!

So a setting in configurations could turn this off, absolutely +1. Shame it causes so much stress to you.

Yes please! I'd really like to at least be able to disable the flashing stage of the process. Being able to turn off all visual prompts for tab updates, except maybe PM, would truly be a blessing for alts. It's the visual equivalent of being in a clock shop with all the clocks chiming at the same time, but not even only on the hour!

• Like 2

unsure why this is still a thing 

but YES

NO love for the flashing.. it's distracting and the information it focuses on is useless(does NOT require the player to read it actively),

whoever wants to read the log can do that without the hint of flashing, just use a colorscheme that makes sense(google for color scheme palettes.. it's a thing.. for web/gui design)

• Like 2

What would make it even better, is if accounts which are blind to incoming message-flashes showed up in Village/Alliance name-list as a different colour.

Are we certain non-flashing not already built into the /afk functionality?

Because it might be appropriate to build no-flash and/or no-colour change functionality into /afk as default, but have the option to enable colour/flashing if desired.

Which could then be extended to be able to be disabled to non-afk status. (after bugfix phase)