Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Spirit animals GM-spawned from a corpse of a cared-for creature

We all love our pets, and we can become unreasonably attached to them. Sometimes we are simply not ready to let them go when they are killed by unforeseen circumstances.

I would like GMs to have the ability to return-to-companionship, a lost pet, reskinned with transparency, in such rare cases as they feel are community-appropriate, to avoid any possibility of mechanic-abuse.

I suggest such a creature would no longer be able to give skillgain, be bred, or be used in combat or ridden, but still able to be interacted with by the 'owner', as a tamable, leadable pet, for the perma-fixed exchange of one cared-for slot.

I see no reason why this option should not be available to anyone who is prepared to petition for it. Regardless of server or disposition of character.

inigo-montoya-would-be-proud-photo-u1?w=

I love the sentiment behind this but there are countless other pets in Wurm to be had. Sadly as in life, we outlive our pets usually and pet death is just something that teaches the young how to grieve.

Now, if there was a qualifier for this such as an ability of high taming skill, I'd give it a +1 because most skills could use further development. I wouldn't hold your breath for this but I must admit it hits the spot when it comes to cutesy additions. Not quite a +1 here.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, Silures said:

I love the sentiment behind this but there are countless other pets in Wurm to be had. Sadly as in life, we outlive our pets usually and pet death is just something that teaches the young how to grieve.

Now, if there was a qualifier for this such as an ability of high taming skill, I'd give it a +1 because most skills could use further development. I wouldn't hold your breath for this but I must admit it hits the spot when it comes to cutesy additions. Not quite a +1 here.

Hmm. Well in my case, dead pets and even dead relatives didn't teach me to grieve. These days, with neurodiversity awareness on the rise, it's no longer possible to state that 'this is how all people do and should react'. Implying that anyone who does not, is unworthy of consideration, is skating on thin ice. Hence, the suggestion that this should be a GM power, not a game feature to be aspired to and desirable for skillgain opportunism. Rather, the exact opposite.

And for the record, I wouldn't personally be petitioning for it. Rather, the way my brain works, in my case it would act as a strong visual deterrent and blatant cue that others have strong emotional attachments, and to be wary of being 'inconsiderate'. With only text chat and frozen faces of avatars, it is very difficult to read the social situation accurately at times.

Also for the record, no, I didn't kill anyone's pet. I just saw it happen, and felt bad for both parties, because I could relate to both sides of the situation. Sentiment isn't rational, and shouldn't have to make sense to anyone else. But what is a just recompense?

This is merely what I feel would be appropriate.

how about using 1kg source liquid/source salt on a body with any damage(sometimes carrying a rip'd horse or w/e around the map.. could tick damage, keep body damage irrelevant)

- somehow.. force it to be only for 'fresh', none of the old collected and stored source from the sh.. shacks around the map. (why? lets not make big bucks for toxic sh.. shack owners; 2nd.. gives everybody fair chance to start collecting and using or selling such

- make it possible to use on anything besides uniques/players?/(any op tome ability's spawn?)

-1 to reviving ghost bullsh.. spawns.. lets not have wurm with ghost dragon pets.. ok? - ok

nobody cares if you revive your dumb horse/DOG/COW/RAM/.. which died for this or that reason.. just waste 1kg source on it.. and bring it back to life, NOBODY CARES