Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Exclude penned ondeed champions from the litw pendulum results

Either by default or with setting.. make it so deeded champions or specially-named from events champions do not show for litw enchanted pendulums

- further QoL.. remove stamina affecting the action timer

-- it's annoying to heal or wait to regain stamina when not so full on food/water to use the item, same for sloped land etc.. anything that slows or prevents stamina regen.. just to not again wait and waste more time and cause more damage to the pendulum..

Many deeds have penned normal or special event named champions, this creates dead zones around the map where nobody can locate anything besides the penned trash results which help nobody and turn the enchanted item and location on the map useless

This is not an issue with missions to kill a traitor.. 

• Like 1

As long as people keep hunting uniques with roving bands and not sharing with the public I don't think it needs to made any easier.  This will just add fuel to the fire with dragon drama.  Not to mention from a coding perspective this would need to add a  number of variable checks which would need to occur per attempt.

Edited by PromisedOne

53 minutes ago, PromisedOne said:

As long as people keep hunting uniques with roving bands and not sharing with the public I don't think it needs to made any easier

can i have your litw pendulum that hits uniques i lost mine

54 minutes ago, PromisedOne said:

Not to mention from a coding perspective this would need to add a  number of variable checks which would need to occur per attempt.

this already happens with the check for being a champion

Correct, but then you have to add additional check.  Is it on a deed, if on deed is it enclosed or free roaming?.  I'm not even sure if the variables currently exist to even do that type of check.  My bad on the Uniques I was thinking of something else.  There would have to be some type of code to both check if a unique is in the area (already exists) and check if said champ is not in an enclosure.

This would be very nice. Easy halfway decent implementation would be to exclude cared-for and branded animals from the results. Beyond that, yeah, it might be difficult to check if creatures are penned. I imagine their pathfinding algorithms do something similar though.

Would thoroughly support a toggle option or it not applying to branded animals. Making any event/GM named champs not show by default would mess up most of what I and a bunch of other collectors use our pendulums for every event season, though.