Sign in to follow this  
Hailene

Bit coin mining for Wurm currency back in the day...

So when I first joined back in 2013, they had a client that you could download to mine bitcoins in exchange for Wurm currency. I'm just wondering if Code Club is sitting on hundreds or thousands of BTC or did they cash out as the coins were being mined?

Or is it a company secret not to be discussed?

24 minutes ago, Hailene said:

So when I first joined back in 2013, they had a client that you could download to mine bitcoins in exchange for Wurm currency. I'm just wondering if Code Club is sitting on hundreds or thousands of BTC or did they cash out as the coins were being mined?

Or is it a company secret not to be discussed?

That was an external company which likely went bankrupt years ago.

coinlab was the company that got the bitcoins and they probably spent it all on their mt gox legal battles

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

That was an external company which likely went bankrupt years ago.

That's a shame. I was hoping the Wurm warchest had ballooned to tens of millions in the last year. But thanks for telling me.

Yeah, I was mining a Bit of gold (ore) back then but I used it and didn't sell any for coins. Never did see any balloons or warchests either.

=Ayes= 

i remember this and was honestly wondering the same thing haha

My neighbour, RedDwarf had earned 2 gold from it, I wonder how much that would have been in btc 

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

My neighbour, RedDwarf had earned 2 gold from it, I wonder how much that would have been in btc 

Hard to say between 0.5 and 10 bitcoins I would say comparing to prices back then.

Edited by Sklo:D

I missed out on the client->gold part.  But I did win a Bitcoin in a raffle at work back when it was USD 50.  The payment portal used to allow purchases via Bitcoin for a while and when it got to USD 300, I cashed it in for silver some time in 2017.

I've been quietly kicking myself over that ever since.  😰

4 hours ago, Sidereal said:

I missed out on the client->gold part.  But I did win a Bitcoin in a raffle at work back when it was USD 50.  The payment portal used to allow purchases via Bitcoin for a while and when it got to USD 300, I cashed it in for silver some time in 2017.

I've been quietly kicking myself over that ever since.  😰

Most expensive sliver coins in your life :P

• Like 1