Sign in to follow this  
nmwtjeep

April fools day disaster

April fools day changes without any choice for two days is the dumbest idea anyone has had in a very long time.

What a disaster, bit of a laugh.

Cheer up and try and see the funny in it. Riding a horse while leading a black rooster was quite funny haha.

• Like 7

You wanna know the biggest disaster of it all? a hour+ of graphical updating :( besides that i really dont see anything wrong with some fun

It fooled me- I thought I had a field of new-born foals!

Surely we are not going to complain too much for something that has been done with the very best of intent even if it does not suit us?

Edited by Spolmit
  • Like 7

I feel so violated by the way the skill names made me involuntarily laugh. How dare they!

• Like 6

I wouldn't call the animal ... polymorphing? a disaster. Maybe not the best inspired idea. It wasn't a good year for anyone. Pretty damn difficult (if not impossible) to come up with a cheerful april fool's this year. Just being realistic.

Cheers from Eastern Europe. We don't have cheer here. We have beer. But cheers anyway!

• Like 5

Good lord, complain if they do something, complain if they don't. If you don't like it just chill, it will be back to normal in a few days.

• Like 9

Actually I really like the pun. I can bear with the possible drawback for like the day it lasts. Why people are so set off when something is out of normal for a short period? I hope all the neg responses don't kill the urge to figure out more next year :DThank you for the fun, really!

Althoough I laughed a lot last year already but the skill names are AWESOME too.

• Like 7

I can remember the multitudes of negative posts & comments from a couple years ago when we were turned into zombies for Halloween. 

After that, I'm actually surprised we still have events like this.

• Like 2

Here's an idea. Next april fool's make a potion that makes your character see Wurm how it graphically looked 10 years ago. 

Nostalgia kicks in. 

• Like 4

it was not so much a disaster but more of a inconvenience ,   i come to this game  to relax after a hard day of work and real life, and i do not looking in a field of corn or enchanted grass for hours looking for animals,i i want to do my daily chords and then decide to stay on and play more or move on to something different since my RL down time  is very short to begin with, yes it was a joke i get that , but jokes only last a few seconds not 24 hours plus, give me the options to op out of this joke if i want to, yes  change the skills to something silly,  or make the armor look silly, but to cause extra wo0rk is not funny, or to get people upset, is not funny, i hope next year u do better planing, i have accounts on both  the old server and on steam,  and i have been a loyal member of wurm for 7years plus .  after a very bad BS day i justed wanted to play wurm, but you guys killed that experience , and make my day more drama , so i quit for the day in this game, that is the frist time i ever did that, , again please put more thought into what jokes you want to play, not every1 will think it is funny,, other then this  you dev do beautiful work and you should got kudos and roses every day, so kudos to you,  if you want to play a joke on me, say bank error u have 25 extra silver in bank account then take it back , with a smiley face, or sent a fart bag in the mail, but again be well and blessed and hope better planning goes into next april fool

I thought that the skill name changes were fun; but, I am 64 years old and my vision is not what it used to be. I play on a 65 inch 4K capable monitor and I cannot tend to my bison in the tall grass because I cannot find them. If the challenge is to make the game more difficult to play for the visually impaired, then you have been successful.

I think it was more just "Your horses are gone! April fool!" but what do I know, I haven't seen the content. Wurm is well renowned for uproarious updats so on that scale it's been a successful little joke perhaps.

We had the option of turning off the Halloween changes. Didn't that apply to these? A setting for not allowing holiday changes?

On 4/2/2021 at 3:31 AM, elentari said:

Here's an idea. Next april fool's make a potion that makes your character see Wurm how it graphically looked 10 years ago. 

Nostalgia kicks in. 

uhh the same? just turn your graphics all the way down lol 

Edited by Holar

On 4/1/2021 at 1:58 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

bring back power tool sounds 

@Retrogradedo it before your retrogone

Bite your tongue!

devs forgot most of their playerbase consists of grumpy boomers

• Like 7

The devs do events for holidays, players: "THIS EVENT SUCKS, YOU SUCK, EVERYTHING SUCKS"

Devs DON'T do events for holidays, players: "OMG, NO EVENTS? LAZY DEVS"

😧

• Like 16

On 4/8/2021 at 3:31 AM, Baeowulf said:

The devs do events for holidays, players: "THIS EVENT SUCKS, YOU SUCK, EVERYTHING SUCKS"

Devs DON'T do events for holidays, players: "OMG, NO EVENTS? LAZY DEVS"

😧

I personally think for certain things like aesthetic graphical changes, it would be nice for an option to opt out of it.  They can still happen, and some of them are certainly fun, but having tiny horses and animals can make animal caregiving a little more work than normal.  I love the name changes for skills, personally.

28 minutes ago, Zahnweh said:

I personally think for certain things like aesthetic graphical changes, it would be nice for an option to opt out of it.  They can still happen, and some of them are certainly fun, but having tiny horses and animals can make animal caregiving a little more work than normal.  I love the name changes for skills, personally.

I agree with something such as that, but this wasn't reference to just the April Fool's event. We heard just as many, if not more, players complaining about the Easter event.

I came back after a couple of years away on April Fool's Day.  One of my alliance mates was leading me to a potential spot to settle down, and when she was on her horse, it looked like she was riding a broom. I was confused until I realized what day it was. Then I laughed. It was a relief when everything went back to normal, though. Nearly getting killed by a tiny crocodile because I couldn't see him in the tall grass was a trip. 

• Like 2