Sign in to follow this  
Delone

april fools graphic combined with animals currently straddling fences to the mid point of their body makes them impossible to find

The recent issue of animals straddling fences to the midpoint of their body, combined with the resizing of models for April fools, currently makes smaller animals 100% invisible as their entire model is hidden inside the outline of walls and fences.

This is not fun, this a gameplay breaking mechanic and needs an immediate option to turn it off, the same as was available for Halloween graphics.

As somebody who runs 3 deeds breeding animals for a merchant animal sales deed, this is a nightmare, not fun.

Even without the wall issues, this happening with autumn length grasses currently in game means that I am forced to set tile detail to sparse to even find a foal in the middle of a tile. Anyone turning up to buy foals and looking at pens at the moment without this done is probably thinking pens are empty as they cannot be found without mousing around the pen for  a while.

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

Special event visuals set to off is having no effect on this

Small animals lost off lead if you clip building corners can be 100% inside walls and unable to target

Unless you know the actual age of a young foal or young adult horse, you cannot tell in game, they are both "young name" and are the exact same size.

TymGtxp.jpg

One of these is young adult horse, one is young foal. There is no way to tell which is which at the moment without prior knowledge.

Edited by Delone

I cannot care for my animals properly.. thank the gods my starving seals don't need to be hand fed anymore, Id never find them.. Should have be able to disable like other seasonal effects... Not good for us who spend our days on the farm tending to the animals. Poor testing/planning.

I was planning on hunting for several hours today. This event made the game unplayable for me.

Edited by jaytoo
  • Like 1

but have you tried riding on the young adult horses, it looks HILARIOUS

• Like 1

This needs to be fixed.  Enable the special event visuals on this crap.

I want you to know I do appreciate the effort on trying to do a nice thing for us for April Fools, but this has honestly been a little difficult to work around. I almost died because a miniature enemy I could not see in the grass was killing me, and despite backing up I could not find it. I really appreciate you guys trying to put out a fun surprise for us, but untargetable enemies and people constantly logging on and freaking out someone killed their animals hasn't been a great time for us. Please allow us to turn it off? Thank you.

• Like 2

Some people straight up stopped playing for the duration of this so called humor. And they do pay for the game time. Just saying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delone said:

One of these is young adult horse, one is young foal. There is no way to tell which is which at the moment without prior knowledge.

You could just examine them ...

Y'all just complaining whatever they add, CA said its 1-2 days feature, calm down

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eobersig said:

You could just examine them ...

Or there could be the scenario like today: 

A person comes across my self serve horse deed. In a 2 x 1 series of pens, they see a sign that identifies the  5 speed Young Sadsad who is of the colour they have been looking for,  but unfortunately it is currently on the rear tile of the pen out of examine range. They are looking to buy a young horse, so that it is hitchable and rideable, and wont be too long till it's ready to breed. Due to the current patch, they are unsure as to the horses actual age, whereas normally they could tell just at a glance that it's actually a foal. They are keen though, and decide to take the chance. After spending 5 minutes searching for the merchant that sells the keys (who is almost invisible due to being in a decorated building, but shrunken down to below waist height, and partially obscured by objects, and the person was simply not expecting to have to look down to find a merchant), already somewhat aggravated by this, they buy the appropriate key, go to the pen, and only then are able to ascertain that they have sadly purchased a foal they wont be able to use for some time.

None of this was necessary. None of this added anything to the game. Some of this has caused consequences that interfere with gameplay.

There is a mechanism already in place to deal with this by disabling it, but it is not functioning for this patch.  

Edited by Delone
Typos

With all due respect, but looking at this `bug`-report, I can only conclude that some people are a bit overreacting.

I do understand that not everyone may like this joke; but at least keep in mind that we got dev's who actually *are doing something*!

There are plenty of online games where nothing is done at all. Or; like I have experienced twice; a post at an official forum announcing that due to a hardware crash, all skills were re-rolled up to Februari 30th. Perhaps those complaining in the "bug"-report would like to see that message popping up next year?

I'm quite certain a lot of ###### will hit the fan after that one.

Or do you prefer nothing is done at all? I'm quite certain a lot will complain about the dev's doing "nothing ever".

Thorin :)

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

With all due respect, but looking at this `bug`-report, I can only conclude that some people are a bit overreacting.

I do understand that not everyone may like this joke; but at least keep in mind that we got dev's who actually *are doing something*!

This is not about not liking the joke, this is about the "joke" accidentally introducing things that are recognizably bugs:

Animals being lost inside structures was (I would hope) not an intended consequence.

An established feature of being able to disable exactly this sort of temporary change, either because it is disliked, or interferes with how you play the game, is present, but not working.

Unintentionally making animals unable to be differentiated, where that differentiation affects how they are used, is a bug.

There are plenty of online games where nothing is done at all. Or; like I have experienced twice; a post at an official forum announcing that due to a hardware crash, all skills were re-rolled up to Februari 30th. Perhaps those complaining in the "bug"-report would like to see that message popping up next year?

I'm quite certain a lot of ###### will hit the fan after that one.

Or do you prefer nothing is done at all? I'm quite certain a lot will complain about the dev's doing "nothing ever".

I have seen prior iterations of this event, and do not recall them having these consequences, the idea that making more things tiny was a good one, was either not thought through, or went largely untested in my opinion. 

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

As this isn't a bug as such, rather a side effect of a working-as-intended feature, I've moved it to suggestions (on the basis that 'make the effect optional' and 'use a different 1st April joke' are both fair suggestions).

Also, a gentle reminder to everyone to keep discussions civil - you don't have to agree with people, but you also don't need to be unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

As this isn't a bug as such, rather a side effect of a working-as-intended feature, I've moved it to suggestions (on the basis that 'make the effect optional' and 'use a different 1st April joke' are both fair suggestions).

Also, a gentle reminder to everyone to keep discussions civil - you don't have to agree with people, but you also don't need to be unpleasant.

Animals getting lost inside walls, with no part of their body able to be targeted is a working as intended feature? Either it's a bug, or your saying this was an intended consequence of the patch, that I do not believe.

When i see the overreact here i'm afraid for the world my children will have to live on ... 😪

• Like 3

April fools, April fools everywhere!

Jokes aside, this seems to be more a "we just realised how annoying some bugs are because a joke feature highlighted them" thread rather than one suggesting any form of novel or positive change to the game.

Fix the bugs and there would be no problems.

-1 from me

10 hours ago, Aegor said:

Some people straight up stopped playing for the duration of this so called humor. And they do pay for the game time. Just saying.

Yup I'm done for a couple of days, can't leave my deed on Melody as I can't see the tiny trolls hiding in the marsh to gank me.

22 minutes ago, Vannin said:

Yup I'm done for a couple of days, can't leave my deed on Melody as I can't see the tiny trolls hiding in the marsh to gank me.

Do literally any other activity on your deed? 

It's for one day lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jore said:

Do literally any other activity on your deed? 

It's for one day lmao

It's been in place for a day and a half already. There's a method in place to switch this kind of thing off, it doesn't work.

I have 2 other deeds on servers with toons I would happily be (and often am) surrounded by trolls with, that's not relevant though.

lmao

21 hours ago, Delone said:

Small animals lost off lead if you clip building corners can be 100% inside walls and unable to target

This has been a problem for quite a while with normal sized chicks and even foals.

Sounds like that the April fools joke has worked very well.  April fools to me is a day of trolling others, of annoying people and then laughing at their anger and frustration.

I hate April fools day BTW but I did like seeing the tiny creatures. I saw quite a few people in Ca help asking where their animals had gone and the panic that it caused them.

On other games there is no off button to events.  At least the ones that I've played. But well, it would be good to have a setting to turn off events.  I guess....I don't care either way....Well maybe when a small ven troll is killing me, I will but that has not happened yet 🤔

Edited by Zexos

6 minutes ago, Zexos said:

Sounds like that the April fools joke has worked very well.  April fools to me is a day of trolling others, of annoying people and then laughing at their anger and frustration.

I am pretty sure Wurm devs are much more mature and deal with paying customers in a more sane manner, so this effect wasn't intentional on their part.