Sign in to follow this  
Yng

Wool, soap & felt

I think it woudl be nice if some of the rough material in Wurm would be more usefull. Like for instance wool. 

While wool is quite a usefull item in real life, especially some centuries ago, we can only turn it into yarn and make armour which offers very little protection.

So I was thinking if we had soap, for which we already have all the material to create. We could turn wool into felt which could then be used in all different type of items. Deco items like table runners, clothing like felt hats and shoes or bags.

But best of all a Yurt or Ger. We really need a comfy tent to survive those harsh Wrumian winters.

The soap could also be used for imping leather and cloth items.

ger1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 4

Seems like a Wurmy update to have but that's a lot of additions even though wool should have more uses. The dev rate is very Wurmy too so I wouldn't expect this as top of the dev list.

Could have a choice of cotton, wemp, wool or felt clothing under armour affecting combat damage which is a change I'd like to see.

Edited by Silures
  • Like 1

Wool needs more uses indeed so +1. I also like Christopher's suggestion but then wurm needs some kind of "dirtyness" bar that will affect the rate of chance of you getting sick , forcing Wurmians to take a damn bath every now and then. Much needed lol

Edited by Berms
  • Like 3

Soap could be created by boiling animal fat in lye (using Alchemy or Natural Substances skill).

Wash pottery items with soap and water to remove dmg (like the mend spell, maybe). Or use soap and water on a player's body to cure disease (using Healing skill, and maybe ql of the soap).

• Like 2

Soap could give timed immunity buff that reduces your chance of getting sick, with effectiveness and duration based on quality. That would be great for gatherings where people are constantly getting diseased, and for people who work with animals a lot and sometimes get sick while taking care of them.

Soap can be made using fat and lye with natural substances skill, and maybe optional herbs could be added to raise the difficulty and effectiveness, similar to how meals work. The herb could change the name of the finished product based on what was added, for example "Soap" for the plain version, "Rose/lavender/mint/whatever scented soap" for a single herb or "Herbal soap" if multiple herbs were used. A pottery bowl could be used for mixing the ingredients, and maybe a new item for molding and curing the soap. A wooden soap mold creates a "loaf" of soap which must be sliced into several bars. If you want to be realistic the soap could first come out as "uncured" soap and have to sit for some time before it's ready to be used, otherwise "The bar of soap is too soft and would fall apart if you used it now." The curing process could work exactly the same as oxidizing tea leaves. Each time the soap is used it decreases in weight by a set amount until it's all gone.

The washing action could take place by activating soap and right clicking on some water, or we could use the soap on water to "create lather", then use that to wash specific parts of the body one by one so you get a cumulative buff that increases the more body parts you wash (just kidding, please don't make us do that).

I love this idea by the way, in case that wasn't obvious :D

• Like 3