Ravenoffaith

Harmony Community Map (V2.0)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am pleased to announce that Harmony's Community Map has received an upgrade courtesy of @Yaga!
This forum post will serve as a continuation of the pre-existing post.

 

https://harmony.yaga.host

 

 

How to add stuff:

Please post in this thread to report new or changed data. (Do not send PMs, neither on the forum nor in-game! Do not use Discord to add data either!)

Please use tile coordinates (x, y) to report new map data. (Hover your mouse pointer over the location you wish to report, click once to see the coordinates in the "Selected" field, copy the coordinates.)

Deeds: Please report the settlement name and the coordinates of the settlement token. Example: "Serendipity Bay [1650, 1384]"

 

 

When the official map dumps arrive we will take on these things:

Highways: Please report the coordinates of all points describing the highway (start,  "corners", end). Please use this format: "[305,1453], [305,1415], [226,1415], [226,1383], [156,1383]"

Tunnels, Canals, Bridges: Like highways. These elements can also be given a name.

Other: You can also report clay and tar resources, guard towers, and special named landmarks (like names of lakes and mountains, as long as agreed among the local community.)

 

 

 

Features

1. Map coordinates:

The map offers a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E 24").

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map is based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This allows us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely than before. 

If you would like further details on the maps features and coordinates, Yaga has thoroughly explained them here: 

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168376-deliverance-community-map/&tab=comments#comment-1717341 

 

 

2. Zoom:

The map provides various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

 

3. Layers - This point will get added when we have the official map dump of Harmony:

Deeds, Tunnels, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map layers which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among two map types (Terrain, Topographical).

 

4. Finding settlements and mission structures:

The map offers an easy-to-use search function for deeds.

 

5. Selecting locations and copy coordinates:

You are able to select any point on the map and save the coordinates for future use.

 

Map policy - opt out

The community of Harmony agreed on an "opt-out policy" for the community map. This means that the map is meant to be as complete and precise as possible, aiming at showing every settlement on the server as well as highways, tunnels, boat canals, bridges and important landmarks. To achieve this goal every community member is requested to help keeping the map up to date. Please report settlements (deeds), highways, tunnels, canals and landmarks that are not yet on the map. Use this forum thread to provide new information. If you are the mayor of a deed on the map and you feel that you have a good reason to hide your settlement from the community, please send me (Yaga) a PM, requesting your deed to be removed from the map ("Opt-out"). Please include a reason.

 


I can be reached ingame by username Glowbaby.

Edited by Ravenoffaith
  • Like 6
  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best of luck with this endeavour, looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unclear on your opt-out policy.

 

You say "DO NOT POST DEEDS THAT AREN'T YOURS OR HAVE APPROVAL TO POST BY MAYOR. IF you find your deed has been added without consent, please post here." but later on you ask people to report all settlements that aren't on the map without needing consent of the mayor who can then ask to be removed by PM to Yaga providing a reason.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Explora said:

I am unclear on your opt-out policy.

 

You say "DO NOT POST DEEDS THAT AREN'T YOURS OR HAVE APPROVAL TO POST BY MAYOR. IF you find your deed has been added without consent, please post here." but later on you ask people to report all settlements that aren't on the map without needing consent of the mayor who can then ask to be removed by PM to Yaga providing a reason.

 


I had meant to remove this  "DO NOT POST DEEDS THAT AREN'T YOURS OR HAVE APPROVAL TO POST BY MAYOR. IF you find your deed has been added without consent, please post here."
Forgot to re-remove it when I edited it a bit, thank you for that catch :)

  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Special Places map layer is used on other server maps for Epic mission structures it would be very helpful if you can do the same for Harmony.

 

Thanks for doing this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Explora said:

The Special Places map layer is used on other server maps for Epic mission structures it would be very helpful if you can do the same for Harmony.

 

Thanks for doing this.

 


That is ultimately my goal :)
I had made a post a few weeks back about a community spreadsheet for mission strucutres. I plan on visiting them within the next couple weeks to add them ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if I count tiles and derive the coordinates by doing so, that would be more accurate than guessing using the mouse?  yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1069, 2703 N to 1069,2683          20
1069, 2683 NW to 1065, 2679      4
1065, 2679 W to 1040, 2679        25
1040, 2679 NW to 1034, 2673      6
1034, 2673 N to 1034, 2636         37
     1034, 2636 W to 1010, 2636    (Khirden Heights)    24
1034, 2636 N to 1034, 2576         (waystone.  under construction leads West)   60
1034, 2576 N to 1034, 2439         (Waystone.  East/West Junction.  West turns into one lane)  137
1034, 2439 E to 1130, 2439           96
1130, 2439 N to 1130, 2349           90
1130, 2349 NE to 1171, 2308          41
1171, 2308 E to 1175, 2308          (Waystone)  4   
1175, 2308 E to 1210, 2308          (Waystone)  135
1210, 2308 N to 1210, 2300          (Waystone)  8
    1210, 2300 E to 1213, 2300      (Purebreds)
1210, 2300 N to 1210, 2249              51
1210, 2249 E to 1214, 2249              4
1214, 2249 N to 1214, 2164              85
1214, 2164 E to 1226, 2164              12
1226, 2164 N to 1226, 2159              5
1226, 2159 NE to 1234, 2151             8
1234, 2151 N to 1234, 2068              83 You enter Appenzell.
1234, 2068 W to 1195, 2068          (WayStone N/S junction, under construction both directions)  39

 

Ignore the commentary / tile counts if need be.  @Bakit, if you want to challenge road placement reply here with new coords, or if you agree, new coords for Kirden Heights

 

edit:  recalc coords for having gone south instead of north.  :P

Edit2:  Counting tiles is not accurate.  Last coords ends up WAY too far west than intended

Edited by Nicholai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this instead.  Let's get that bridge in!

 

West of 1089, 1354 is actually a 1 lane...
1089, 1354 S to 1089, 1385
1089, 1385 W to 1066, 1385
(Bridge)  1066, 1385 S to 1066, 1483
       Bridge offramp 1066, 1483 E to 1083, 1483
(Bridge) 1066, 1483 S to 1066, 1618
(Bridge) 1066, 1618 W to 1000, 1618
1000, 1618 S to 1000, 1643
1000, 1643 W to 966, 1643

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nicholai said:

Try this instead.  Let's get that bridge in!

 

West of 1089, 1354 is actually a 1 lane...
1089, 1354 S to 1089, 1385
1089, 1385 W to 1066, 1385
(Bridge)  1066, 1385 S to 1066, 1483
       Bridge offramp 1066, 1483 E to 1083, 1483
(Bridge) 1066, 1483 S to 1066, 1618
(Bridge) 1066, 1618 W to 1000, 1618
1000, 1618 S to 1000, 1643
1000, 1643 W to 966, 1643


Added as requested, double check that at your earliest convenience :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umbar is at roughly 3153, 840 and has a highway heading north from it until it meets with the east/west highway. That makes it seem like it runs very close parallel to the highway connecting the Dystopian deeds, but they aren't as close as you might think. I'm wondering if either I have the location for Umbar wrong or Dystopian is shifted too far east. The mayor, Fazeil, is happy for the deed to be included regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ols said:

Umbar is at roughly 3153, 840 and has a highway heading north from it until it meets with the east/west highway. That makes it seem like it runs very close parallel to the highway connecting the Dystopian deeds, but they aren't as close as you might think. I'm wondering if either I have the location for Umbar wrong or Dystopian is shifted too far east. The mayor, Fazeil, is happy for the deed to be included regardless.


I went ahead and added Umbar, Ill run an alt over there later today to check on that road and make sure we're all good ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Edit2:  Counting tiles is not accurate.  Last coords ends up WAY too far west than intended

 

The only terrain map we have access to at the moment is the in game map and it probably isn't 100% accurate.

Until the official Northern Isles map dumps are released with 1 tile per pixel accuracy any measurements taken in game may not match up with the map.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bay of Wolves, located at approximately 3361, 827, has disbanded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ols said:

Bay of Wolves, located at approximately 3361, 827, has disbanded.


Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Telon 1948,1319


Added :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there maybe a willing cartographer out there that would like to map all the highways that exist on the western parts?
That would be most apreciated by the locals. Across from Athendale in N14 that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cecci said:

Is there maybe a willing cartographer out there that would like to map all the highways that exist on the western parts?
That would be most apreciated by the locals. Across from Athendale in N14 that is.

 

I can send an alt over Saturday or Sunday and get a general road done for ya :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Settlement : Dryfit harbour on 589, 1986

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, awaka said:

Settlement : Dryfit harbour on 589, 1986

 

 


Added!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logging back in sooner than usual to brag about how awesome Ravenoffaith is!

He mapped a good part of the western road system today and will do some more!

 

Really nice surprice to see him in local today! ❤️

 

Thanks again, Raven!

 

PS: In order to make this a valid post in topic I want to say that some roads are now added on the western part of map! DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Logging back in sooner than usual to brag about how awesome Ravenoffaith is!

He mapped a good part of the western road system today and will do some more!

 

Really nice surprice to see him in local today! ❤️

 

Thanks again, Raven!

 

PS: In order to make this a valid post in topic I want to say that some roads are now added on the western part of map! DS.

 

I am to please ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , i think i calculated my spot wrong. i and my neighbour think i am a bit more north on  :  430,1820 ( Dryfit harbour )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now