Sign in to follow this  
Andru

Importing Melody/Harmony Map data into WU

I was just wondering if there was anyway to download the map files from worm online to use in wurm unlimited? I've had a pretty terrible experience so far in Wurm Online and i'd like to just play on melody without the toxicity.. Or maybe on Harmony.

Is there a way to download or import these maps into WU?

Also is it possible to sail to different maps in WU?

There is not unfortunately any way to export maps from WO. Also moved to WU discussion, ANd you can sail but that requires server linking

5 hours ago, Andru said:

Is there a way to download or import these maps into WU?

There are a number of free player made maps which I find much nicer than the default WU maps, and a youtube video giving a walkthrough on how to install those.  Server linking is possible for sailing from map to map, its a little more complicated possibly if you are very new to running a server. Custom maps though are easy to run even for a solo player.  There are some pretty chill public servers on WU without the toxicity of some of the WO servers, due to the "competitive" tone being greatly reduced. Usually more land, easy to set up a hermit deed far from others if you choose, not as much trolling/spamming/aggression in the global chats,  so perfect for those who want a little more friendly laidback tone without some of the side effects of more highly populated and competitive WO servers, where aggression levels seem to me much higher. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

6 hours ago, Andru said:

Also is it possible to sail to different maps in WU?

you can add servers and configure the connections between them in the server settings

Im not an expert but i believe you have the local server, the neighbor servers, and the travel option (or used to) its been a while

you can add neighbor servers and then set the connections in the travel tab

This would not be possible accurately. The most you would be able to do is create a somewhat shape accurate version like the fan made version of Chaos using the publicly available map dumps that are used for the community maps. You wont be able to accurately pull height data from these due to the way map dumps are created at an offset azimuth.