Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Concrete examples of uses of farwalker twigs/stones/amulets?

I asked this question in CA help yesterday, but I don't think people had time to answer.

Can you folks provide me with actual examples of ways in which you've actually used these items?

i dont think its worth using anymore, we have priest now able to summon us, its the same thing but for free.

its a niche thing, maybe you could save it for emergencies, like when you're drowning or climbing and if you move one more step, you will be dead or something. and no one is online to help you. trying really hard here but i dont think its worth it lol

- it was a lifesaver in the past when we had no summon spells.

the amulet gives a huge speed increase and makes you immune to thorn, lava, and fall damage for a short period of time (30 seconds). also removes walking speed debuff from "hurting" (99ql amulet, each use lowers the quality by 1)

- this can be useful when climbing, you can avoid fall damage. or jump from the top of dragonfang just for fun :P (shortcuts!)

maybe in pvp these things have more uses. in pve i'd say its just nice to have i guess, if you have the coin.

• Like 1

I have a couple of Twigs on Ayes I bought years ago. One I keep updated/set to a tree on deed just in case I might get stuck somewhere due to a bug. Also could be exploring some long mines and exiting a locked mine door onto someone's deed; thus being locked on their deed if no one is around. Mainly a self sufficient option not needing to contact anyone else for help in some unusual situation. Probably wouldn't buy any these days due to the karma option to recall home instead if necessary.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Twigs and stones are mostly used on pvp servers to get somewhere in a hurry as the summon soul spell will not work on those servers, also the stone / twig being instant. The amulet was used a lot on chaos till a time that they were changed to not be able to be used with enemies in local. I rarely see the amulet ever used anymore minus a means to not take fall damage while the charge is in affect.

• Like 1