Sign in to follow this  
Tek

Affinity Timers Breaking

I'd heard some talk about long single bite timers being broken but had yet to hit them myself so after talking with a fellow pizza tester who hit the mark,  I decided to push up a timer some more and see myself.

It seems like the 48 hour mark is where it breaks, though some more testing to pinpoint the exact time would be needed. This is for single bite timer only, munching over and over you can pass the time easy.

You get the event message saying you have the insight of the affinity, but you get no timer/buff/icon. If you eat the same affinity but with a timer under that mark you'll get the normal buff. So not just a matter of it not showing up, it just doesn't seem to register at all.

I assume it's a bug and not a cap on timers, since you can keep eating food to pass the length, just can't with single bite.

Edit: Interesting addition is that if the limit mentioned below (127) is the cap and going over breaks it, the only way to get over the 44.8h one bite would if the item goes rare. Just got a 2d bite timer that way.

Edited by Tek

From my understanding, as soon as you pass 128 ingredients or "complexity", it rolls over to negative, and will actually reduce the current affinity timer of the associated skill. The maximum timer length from a single bite, should be approximately 44.8 hours, if made perfectly at 127x127

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shydow said:

From my understanding, as soon as you pass 128 ingredients or "complexity", it rolls over to negative, and will actually reduce the current affinity timer of the associated skill. The maximum timer length from a single bite, should be approximately 44.8 hours, if made perfectly at 127x127

Is that intended?

Or rather, is the cap at 128 intended? The results of going past it I assume isn't.

Edited by Borstaskor

I tried to eat a slice of Alchemy and then eat my broken alchemy pizza.

It went from 1d9h on the buff to 1d4h.

Since eating consecutive bites normally only give 1/10 of the timer of the first bite, it'd make sense for my broken pizza to reduce the timer by ~5h assuming my broken pizza would've reached around 50h fb timer which I'm fairly certain it does.

Meeeeeh, I wanted to push it and see how far I could get. Now I have to play chicken race and get as good of a timer as possible without breaching the ingredient cap because if I do reach it then the pizza becomes a dud (rip lots of high ql ingredients). Not the most fun game mechanic to play around, in my opinion.

Please remove the cap and let me have my fun! ;(

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

Thanks for the additional info both of you. I just wonder if this is an intended limit or something that is fixable or whether it's a game limit?

If its a limit there really should be something added to prevent it happening and breaking, or some easier way to know if the item you are about to cook would be broken.

Any dev information on this would be appreciated :)

Can we get an official answer to this? An answer so that we know if a plan to remove (or raise) the limit or if the limit is there to stay. And if it is, if it's possible to get a fix so you don't brick the pizza if you accidentally go past it.

Would be nice to know if we need to get used to making pizzas by carefully calculating how many sub-ingredients we use (in things like sausages) to not get above 128 and bricking the pizza.

Bump. So we know the issue, but still waiting on some kind of dev response on this. If it is a hard limitation of the system what can be done to prevent it breaking or is the official stance that it's intended that the timer can break and its up to us to stay within that limit?

It's a bug, and down to the fact that we didn't expect quite the level of complexity available at the extreme.  This will be fixed in due course, but as you have to put some effort in to go that high, it's not a high priority - most people won't hit the limitation.  You can avoid the problem by not making very very complicated foods.

Extra info: It not only breaks the affinity timer by making it give negative timer but it also breaks the CCFP making it give no CCFP at all XD

I'd love for this to get fixed. Sure, a lot of effort for most people would be needed to get past the limit, but with my current set up I can see myself pushing it beyond what I'm currently doing.

It's actually possible for me to just barely hit the limit (I'd guesstimate ~5-15 complexity away from it, it'd require hella lot of testing to figure out exactly) with not too much effort (at least not too much effort in my opinion, as I'm solo supplying most of NFI's demand right now using that recipe). It's a bit scary to know when/how I can improve my pizza and by how much. It's also unfun not being able to improve my commercially sold products further.

Thanks for the response tho! At least now we know what's up, which is very appreciated! A little sad that it's low prio, but the response is good enough for now.

Edited by Borstaskor

Heya, just chiming in here to say this is still an issue, and high complexity foods are becoming more common (Especially since we now have holy sites with special foods I'm guessing?) - Any chances to see an update on this?

Had a slice today that was bringing my affinity *down* significantly each bite.

• Like 1