Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Boat wont change names

So I bought a brand new Knarr from Jpopper on Xanadu from Surefall Deed.

When I examine the boat it says

[11:23:29] The "Surefall Knarr Raspberry 93q" does not have a course plotted.

[11:23:29] A ship with a clinker-built hull assembled with iron rivets, and one mast with a square yard sail. In insufficient wind it is rowed with oars. The side rudder is on the starboard side. It is locked with a lock of very poor quality. It is made from raspberrywood. You must use a file to smooth out the "My Hot Ride" in order to improve it. Ql: 95.50603, Dam: 0.0. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Puncher, has been etched in the stern.

[11:23:29] You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Jpopper'.

[11:23:29] A bronze rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will increase the effect on speed by wind (7.5%) and increase vehicle speed (5%)

When you hover over the ship and open manage permissions the name says in top left corner  MY Hot Ride.

One of these things is not like the other  The "Surefall Knarr Raspberry 93q" does not have a course plotted.

Should be saying The  MY HOT RIDE  " does not have a course plotted.

I like Jpopper but the ship is mine now I paid for it lol.  ALso it does say The name of the owner, Puncher, has been etched in the stern.  Can we get this fixed please :)

Also before you ask I tried boat name change using Enter key and using Apply changes and nada worked.

Thank you dev team :)

Edited by puncher
stuff

I had the same issue a few years ago, not something that happens often. it was fixed after a restart

I get the feeling a lot of stuff gets fixed after restarts

In most cases it is sufficient to leave local (move away at least 80 tiles) and come back. You should then see the new name.

Also: I take it you logged off for /lotime ?

The name Jpopper is listed under "maker", not owner. This is correct.

try to change name when knarr isn't "opened", and if still not see use "push / pull " option, for me that methods helps

edit: same was happening when renaming bsb or crate rack, and many other things that can be "opened" :)

Edited by kgorski

So update the server restart fixed it. I was over 1k tiles from Jpoppers place.  I had tried  changing names in ship and out of ship using C.  Restart it the fix it seems.

I think this bug applies to wagons too. I changed the name of mine a few days ago and the boarding/unboarding event window message still shows the old name.