Sign in to follow this  
Hickory

Inscribing Paper

I thought it would be fun to try to write a book in wurm. Just a cute little short story or something. I keep running into the issue of disallowed characters, though, and that's making things difficult. Even more difficult, it doesn't tell me which characters are disallowed. Is there a list of characters I can't use? It would sure make my attempts a lot easier if I knew all of the rules...

• Like 4

Pretty much all are disallowed except period and comma.  I can't recall if semi-colon is allowed.  I think it needs fixed, there's no reason we can't use special or normal characters, it's silly we're not able.

Ok, so I decided to go ahead and do some testing in case anyone else would like to know the answer to this question without having to work for it.

All alphabetical letters are allowed.
All numbers are allowed.

Allowed symbols/punctuation: . , / : ; ‘ + - _ ( ) # !

Disallowed symbols/punctuation: “ < > [ ] { } \ | = * & ^ % $@` ~? 

I also found that, when copy/pasted as a single character, … is also not allowed. Also, spaces seem to count as characters. And there seem to be some combinations that don't work and I'm not entirely sure why... For example: ‘I want you, Oskar, to res-’ is not an allowed inscription, but I want you, Oskar, to res-’ without the first apostrophe is fine. I also tried 'Testing some stuff without copying-' and that worked just fine? I dunno. It's fiddly. I don't fully understand yet...

• Like 2

Now, the big question is... can we do SQL injection?