Leora

OS X El Capitan Graphics issues

OS X El Capitan

V: 10.11.6

Early 2008

Processor 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mem: 2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

greetings! I am writing this post after acquiring a used iMac. Firstly, I know this thing needs a Memory upgrade. I will be upgrading to it's max of 4 Gigs. I am hoping that will help, though it isn't much of an improvement. When I downloaded WO onto it I quickly discovered issues with the graphics as follows:

• The compass wouldn't stop spinning even when I waited for several minutes.
  • Upon moving any great distance, the ground level would raise by about 10 dirt burying half of my fences and the base of all building walls and anything else at ground level. This fixes upon a restart and seems to only manifest again if I move around too much, but always comes back eventually, forcing me to restart.
  • I setup a Graphics test profile dropping all settings to minimum levels, but every time I try to load the new profile, I still end up wearing the regular default Legacy profile. I try to load the new profile from inside the game but I don't believe it is working. And even after I save it, the default legacy profile still persists upon restarting. (I am closing the game through Quit, so it should be saving the profile settings from what I understand.) Perhaps if I could figure out how to make my test profile stick, this could at least make the game playable even with my measly 2Gs?
  • The colors in game all look unnaturally vivid. Bright kelly green grass, burnt orange for wood floor texture, and my backpack looks like it is glowing hot. (my apologies, I couldn't figure out how to post an image example.)
  • Of course, the last manifestation is that game play is choppy, making it difficult to navigate my avatar. The frame rate is distractedly slow.

I will be getting that extra 2 gigs of Ram very soon. Hopefully that will be enough, but if anyone can help me figure out other issues I may be having? Do I need a new graphics card? Or is this used computer just a waste of my time? how might I fix this unnatural coloring in game. Colors on my iMac look perfect when not in game.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me. Hope to hear back soon.

Edited by Leora
all edits minor changes for clearity