Sign in to follow this  
Errantknight

Didn't Register with my character name and now I can't purchase premium.

Guess I didn't see the little print that said to register with character name. Tried to register again with my character name, but says it's taken. That's probably me, tbh. Somehow. Anyway, now I can't figure out how to but premium because I don't know if it will get to my character or not. I don't want to purchase in game, because I saw that doing so would lose me the bonuses of purchasing online. Also not sure I can use paypal if I do that. What do I do?

At shop you log in with the characters name that you log in with to game ....not the name you register with here at forum 

As it say make sure you log in with right name since money and preem goes to that character 

it say this on shop page where you write in your game name: mark the text with mouse so u can see and read it dont know why it got like this when copy text there 

You need to login to the Wurm Online Game Server using your Player name and password before you can purchase premium time and silver coins using PayPal.

Wurm Unlimited players - this shop is for the Wurm Online MMO server only. While Code Club AB also sells the Steam-based game Wurm Unlimited, it is not affiliated with any Wurm Unlimited servers.

Got no Wurm Online game account? Register a name now and begin playing Wurm for free!

Edited by Maiya

I registered on the main site not with my character name, and when I try to use it, it says it's taken. Edit: actually, it looks like I may never have registered, it seems. Don't think you have to through steam. In any case, I doubt very much that anyone is using my name besides myself, but I can't use it to register.

Edited by Errantknight

1 minute ago, Errantknight said:

I registered on the main site not with my character name, and when I try to use it, it says it's taken

open this link https://shop.wurmonline.com/WurmWeb/index.jsp

write in your game name and password and it should take you to the page where u can buy silver or preem 

you play trough standalone client or steam ?

if its trough steam, you open shop ingame and dont use the one i gave link to here 

Steam. When you buy in game you get no bonuses that you get on site. That's why I wanted to do it there. Whether I can do it in game also depends on if I can use paypal, but that's a separate issue. So basically, I just can't get first premium bonuses as a Steam player?

Just now, Errantknight said:

Steam. When you buy in game you get no bonuses that you get on site. That's why I wanted to do it there. Whether I can do it in game also depends on if I can use paypal, but that's a separate issue. So basically, I just can't get first premium bonuses as a Steam player?

well I dont think you can use the shop here on the webpage if you start game trough steam, so dont do it untill someone tell you its all ok.

And that is importend ...since they cant change the preem and money to your character if you do wrong. So wait untill someone from game tells its ok to buy here for steam player.

I think I'll just buy in Steam. Enough is hard right now without jumping through hoops to give someone money, but I do feel like I'm being punished for using Steam, which is kinda not excellent.

@Errantknight, you cannot purchase from the Wurm Online Shop's website as a Steam Client User. You do have to purchase through Steam. 

• Like 1

There's a place you can do that outside the game? Been unable to locate it.... edit: looked again. I guess in game is the only way to buy premium if you play through steam.

Edited by Errantknight

Ok, in game you can only use in-game money. Guess I won't be getting premium? I dunno, it seems like there should be another way. I mean, do they really not want to sell me a premium membership because I'm on Steam? Seems ill-conceived.

Is this in steam or in the wurm online website? Because i can't purchase there since I can't make an account with my characters name. Edit: Ahh, thank you! I should have noiced that. I was prob too busy making small nails and the like. ;) 

Edited by Errantknight
  • Like 1