Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Golden Valley Migration Notice

When: Monday, March 22 2021 @ 12:30p CET (/servertime)

Duration: 1 to 3 hours of downtime expected, depending on the success of the migration.

What will be offline? All servers and the shop will be offline during this migration.

The time has come to migrate the login server, Golden Valley, from our old ISP to our new provider. This should resolve the stability issues we have seen as of late as well as improve some of the lag we've seen. All servers as well as the shop will be offline for this migration.

Updates will be posted on the forums and relayed in the Discord server.

MIGRATION COMPLETE!

It's worth noting that if you've changed your "hosts file" to fix a previous DNS issue, you will have to remove that change. The IP address for Golden Valley has changed.

• Like 40

Great news! I strongly hope it will help with the extreme lag after a public slaying when dozens of ships change servers at the same time.

Any chance for it fixing the long lasting issue of people randomly dropping (visually) from ships after server crossing?

wouldnt it make even less lag if they pulled the plug on the map for GV and made it purely a login server w/o any map or deeds dragging that server down?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

wouldnt it make even less lag if they pulled the plug on the map for GV and made it purely a login server w/o any map or deeds dragging that server down?

They still use the GV server. Also I was promised that they wouldn't kick us off, but then I guess you never know what could happen...

I don't think there are too many active players logged on on GV so I guess no lag from them...

Edited by Jaz

3 hours ago, Fatalstryke said:

They still use the GV server. Also I was promised that they wouldn't kick us off, but then I guess you never know what could happen...

Rolf talked about some sort of move for those on GV, but its been a while and nothing have happend and now Rolf quitted .

Update / change / fix the server status page for Wurm. it's not rocket science.

The provided link below doesn't even work:

http://www.wurmonline.com/status-new/

And you will need to resort to other (unofficial) server status pages which are not accurate.

Every MMO/Online game with shared server should have a proper server status page.

Let's hope it happens.

2 minutes ago, Berms said:

And you will need to resort to other (unofficial) server status pages which are not accurate.

Every MMO/Online game with shared server should have a proper server status page.

Let's hope it happens.

https://status.wurmonline.com/

That one is official and is normally live.

Thanks for the newest status page, I had 4 others already book marked and not this one, and it works. Would be great to have that on the Main wurmonline page (if it is maybe a more visual look to it as I have never seen it) so users can select it. So many hidden webpages for server status.

Great status Updates Keenan and Team.

12 minutes ago, Berms said:

Let's hope it happens.

Not exactly sure where you have that link from. The following is to find as a button on top of this site:

wurm.gg/status

status.wurmonline.com

Both are for the same site.

Always up to date, and official.

Edited by Nordlys

I did find the status its under game info, not exactly the first place people would look :)

jl1pfXd.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmackedDown said:

I did find the status its under game info, not exactly the first place people would look :)

jl1pfXd.png

Its also on top of forum page:

4PImw8C.png

Edited by Nordlys

All I ever get at the status page is: DFHJ2LF.jpg

The "loading" never goes away, and surely the announcements should read something along the lines of "Servers currently offline for migration" ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delone said:

The "loading" never goes away, and surely the announcements should read something along the lines of "Servers currently offline for migration" ?

Its loading just fine for me in Chrome and FireFox.

9 minutes ago, Delone said:

Try to update the page a few times. The screen you get should only be like that for a few seconds.

Edit: Or what Keenan said :)

Edited by neopherus

11 minutes ago, Delone said:

It's a script-heavy page, ensure you allow javascript.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Keenan said:

It's a script-heavy page, ensure you allow javascript.

Machine I'm currently using is locked to Edge browser, the image I showed is as far as it goes, or has ever gone.

The link Berms posted is the same one I have ended up with, as it generally works.

The rest of the site works fine, and java is allowed. 

At home using firefox or opera it works, but if it's an issue of not being compatible with Edge due to something in the scripting, perhaps that should be looked at?

Wouldn't use Chrome if you paid me to. 

Edit: Turns out it seems to be a combination of Kaspersky and Edge. Disabling Kaspersky for a minute allowed the status page to load, and continue loading after re-enabled. Have Kaspersky running with the other browsers and it's never given the same issue. Odd. /shrugs

Edited by Delone

Just checked, loads perfectly on Edge for me - and surely not cached as I literally never use Edge.

12 minutes ago, Delone said:

Machine I'm currently using is locked to Edge browser, the image I showed is as far as it goes, or has ever gone.

The link Berms posted is the same one I have ended up with, as it generally works.

At home using firefox or opera it works, but if it's an issue of not being compatible with Edge due to something in the scripting, perhaps that should be looked at?

The fact that your screenshot has a white background tells me that the security settings are set to not load resources on other sites. Which means it's probably not loading the javascript needed either. That'll lead to a lot of unhappy pages on the Internet as well. :( It could be an overzealous anti-tracking plugin or setting.

16 minutes ago, Delone said:

Edit: Turns out it seems to be a combination of Kaspersky and Edge. Disabling Kaspersky for a minute allowed the status page to load, and continue loading after re-enabled. Have Kaspersky running with the other browsers and it's never given the same issue. Odd. /shrugs

LOL this guy..  You do realize Edge is a Chromium browser right?  Its is Chrome, GG.

3 minutes ago, Griffler said:

LOL this guy..  You do realize Edge is a Chromium browser right?  Its is Chrome, GG.

Edge is Chrome without all the Google tracking, calling home, and telemetry built in (having been replaced by Microsoft tracking, calling home, and telemetry). FYI, the Google Chrome browser is built on Chromium, not the other way around.