Sign in to follow this  
Calan

All-in-one loyalty skin reward

As an alternative to the suggestion to make loyalty skins craftable, I’d like to suggest adding to the loyalty store a new ‘all-in-one’ skin reward that can be applied to any item that has had a loyalty skin and applies that skin to the item. The cost could be 3-4x more than the monthly skin reward.

Benefits:

* buying the monthly skin remains the cheapest (vis-à-vis LP) way to get a skin

* but you’d now have a way to pick up a skin you missed, dismissed, or didn’t have the LP to buy when it was available

* encourages continued creation of new skins (rather than reissuing old skins, which I think would otherwise eventually happen)

* the work to make a skin continues to pay dividends to Code Club AB

Nb - This assumes a particular item only ever has one loyalty skin issued. If multiple loyalty skins are ever going to be issued, then a more work would need to be done to implement a skin selection window when applying.

Edited by Calan
  • Like 2

Bringing this back to the top of the list.

I am having a heck of a time finding a few older skins because I didn't pick them up way back when.

I think this would still encourage people to buy the monthly as the cost is considerably cheaper; but would still pay long term dividends for the company.

Perhaps even make it a 5x cost? I know for certain skins - I'd definitely spend that money.

Yeah, I'd like this. Obviously the reissued skins would have to be priced higher than the original issue, and there'd have to be a time delay of at least a few months, maybe 6 months before they were reissued. I'd say that having them only available from the Wurm Shop would be the best way for the company, otherwise if they were offered in-game for say silver it'd only really benefit those who have a lot of silver laying around.

22 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Yeah, I'd like this. Obviously the reissued skins would have to be priced higher than the original issue, and there'd have to be a time delay of at least a few months, maybe 6 months before they were reissued. I'd say that having them only available from the Wurm Shop would be the best way for the company, otherwise if they were offered in-game for say silver it'd only really benefit those who have a lot of silver laying around.

OG was proposing they be added to the Loyalty Point shop for a significant higher prices (in marks) than originally offered.

I think this works and encourages people to buy them with the lower Loyalty Point cost, versus spending the multiple times higher amount. (Gathered by using silver to buy prem or RL money to buy prem/silver.)

+1 Yeah, everyone should get their skins they like with loyality points, otherwise they are just being made not for actual loyal customers but more for resell value. Why should have they pumped up price exactly? They should actually offer discounts every month of different items on the store and be more consumer friendly