Sign in to follow this  
Ravenoffaith

Salvage Skill

No idea how popular this idea would be, but I got a kick out of the thought, so here.

A salvage skill based around ripping mats from existing items. Often, when deeds fall a LOT of furniture is left to rot, be burned, thrown into the ocean, or destroyed. A Salvage skill would allow a player to slowly dismantle the item with a chance of pulling components from the item. Tools like the crowbar could be utilized for this. Rare rolls would result in double pulls. If on a preexisting deed maybe have a fragment drop chance based on material? Idk.

If its a bad idea, feel free to nuke me. I love a good beating.

Edit; Make items locked by level or quality as well. Dont need to be pulling 90quality mats at level 5. Dont need to be salvaging a caravel at level 10.

Edited by Ravenoffaith
  • Like 1

I wouldnt mind salavaging things on my own deed, that otherwise I'd have to push on lava/bash/or let lighting strike from above.

Though it would probably be very hard do balance.

Most of the time disbanded deeds/stuff in the wild tend to be of low ql, so salvaging would result in even lower ql of materials.

That is unless you link ql somehow to your salavage skill, say 50 salvage gives you a 50% raise in ql from the original items ql (with a cap of max xxql).

And most of the time abandoned stuff is locked... bsb/fsb/chest/carts/ships all locked, forced to slowly decay away. Not sure how the salvaging mechanic would deal with locked items from popped deeds.

Maybe some sort of semi-archealogoy mechanic could indeed be added to, to give something unique besides materials (but that idea would branch of in an entire new suggestion thread ;) stuff like salavaging unique building mats that let you craft new decorative items that can only be made with said unique salavaged fragments, which would ofcourse need even more balancing so people dont spam small deeds, fill them with buildings/items, then disband to go salvage. etc, etc..)

Edited by Lycanthropic

idk.. it's cool for returning players to find some of their stuff.. and decay cleans up on it's own..

especially carts/wagons/boats and dismantle sounds.. bad

some things need easier way to damage them if you own them.. controlled or not, but dismantling anybody's items around the map will be nasty to deal with at times

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Maybe some sort of semi-archealogoy mechanic could indeed be added to, to give something unique besides materials

I do like the thought of that, which is why I mentioned fragments. It would expand Archy by quite a bit

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

some things need easier way to damage them if you own them

Agreed, the idea came up because of a planted 70ql larder near me that had a catapult sitting by it. I was like "man if only I could take that lead"