Sign in to follow this  
byxoft

Shriveled tree will replant itself after it dies

hi wurmians

pls advice me ..... Shriveled tree will replant itself after it dies....is any way/mod to stop it?

thx

I do not think there is currently a way to stop it, though probably someone could make a mod ... if they thought there was widespread interest.

Not aimed at shriveled trees, but you can stop "tree spread" where a clump of trees will slowly over time spread and form a forest.  It's in server settings

FIU55Jf.png

See also this thread for advice on what numbers to use -- some like 0 or 1 are bad choices:

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Edit: sorry I just realized you and I discussed tree spread already, did not mean to repeat it :)

If you really really really hate trees, you can load up a map and rerun a new biomes map through the wurm map generator, and make trees very sparse and very thinly spread out on your map.

If the area you wanted cleared out is not huge and doesn't affect the while map, and it is your own server, you can make a GM character that can turn large areas into empty grasslands instead of forest with a few clicks of an ebony wand.

Be aware that if you had a  mod that made ALL shriveled trees not replant, in a relatively short time your server could end up zero trees, which would probably be the main issue with a mod.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

if you had a  mod that made ALL shriveled trees not replant, in a relatively short time your server could end up zero trees

yes, that is what would solve the problem of the overgrown world. after a few weeks, the map would clear of the overgrown forest. and then set a reasonable growth...but probably nothing like that exist :(

:(

Edited by byxoft

the best would be mod:

1. when the server starts it would change all the required tiles to another ... for example = shriveled tree -> grass ... with the option to set in properties

or

2. STOP Shriveled tree will replant itself

could anyone make such a mod?

Edited by byxoft