Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/MAR/21

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg
  • The Combat Update is now live.
  • General combat changes:
    • Separated defensive stances from attack stances
    • Defending the direction a creature attacks is key to winning the fight
    • Defending any of the adjacent directions will defend against diagonal attacks (for example, defending either top or left to defend against an upper-left attack will be effective)
    • Autofight will now use the new stance system, however with a lesser effectivity than a player would
    • Critical hits are now enabled in PvE combat and deal 150% of the original damage
    • Shield blocking rate when fighting multiple opponents at once was increased
  • Visual changes:
    • Added in-world combat text that shows attacks that are being performed (“Show in-world combat log” in UI tab of the settings)
    • Added optional screen shaking when being hit in combat (“Enable screen shaking” in Graphics tab of the settings)
    • Added a circular indicator on the top of the screen to show the location of attackers hitting you (“Show hit direction indicator” in the UI tab of the settings)
    • Added a new blood vignette effect on hits and as a general damage indicator
    • An approximate creature difficulty indicator has been added and will appear next to their in-world health bar. This is a relative indicator, compared to your strength, skills and equipment
    • Creature status icons will show under their health bar, showing things like focus level, attack stance, defense stance, stun, bleeding (details visible upon mouseover)
    • Added sound effects for glance and stun
  • Special moves rework:
    • All special moves are stronger and more useful
    • There is now a single set of special moves, instead of having different set per template kingdom
    • Slash moves will give the opponent a CR penalty for a short period
    • Crush moves will stun the opponent
    • Pierce moves will cause bleeding, which deals more damage than normal, but it is applied over time as a bleed effect
    • All weapons have access to moves that drain opponent’s food and stamina
    • The client shows details of given special moves as a tooltip

• Change: Edibility of plant-based food items
    • Mixed grass is no longer edible except by grazing animals such as sheep and horse
    • Acorns are now edible by omnivores and herbivores
    • Fruits, nuts, and herbs are now edible by herbivores such as horses and cows
  • Change: While holding Alt to show details, hovering over a piece of body armour in the inventory will now show what type of armour it is classified as, such as “leather armour” or “dragonscale armour”.
    • This includes all clothing that functions as armour, as well as special items like summer hats, demon helms, and kingdom equipment. Equipment that is classified as “armour” in the inventory but does not provide protection will display “cosmetic armour”.
  • Bugfix: Locate Soul runes will now function properly instead of failing without a message.
  • Bugfix: Corrected the repair timer after burning wooden items
  • Bugfix: Crafting recipe for Dioptra now shows correct metal
  • Bugfix: Find Route should no longer cause lag on heavily populated servers
  • Bugfix: When logging off a boat on a PvP server as the captain you will now disembark, to allow any would-be thieves to drive the boat off once lockpicked (PvP only)
  • Bugfix: Rakes will now take damage when tending a large planter.
  • Bugfix: Fixed Nolocate rings not affecting Reveal creatures properly
  • Bugfix: Ritual of the sun will now only repair things in the deity’s domain
  • Bugfix: Zombie deer will no longer show as cows
  • Bugfix: Horses will no longer turn to face north when unhitched.

Client Changes:

• New: 80 Steam achievements have been added to the game
    • These new achievements can also be viewed and achieved without using the Steam client, via a new window opened through the main menu through the “Goals” button
  • Change: Improvements have been made to the village plan export feature
    • The on-screen, console, and event log messages have been improved for readability and to properly filter the OS username.
    • The file name now follows a similar format to screenshots and skill dumps, including the village name and the current date and time, and will no longer overwrite a previously exported village plan.
  • Change: Screenshot location will now also be shown in the Event tab when the screenshot is taken.
  • Change: Tortoise shell description now shows correctly.

• Like 10

First!

Also, yayyy! Happy Break the Server (AKA Patch) Day! :D

Edited by Baeowulf

36 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Shield blocking rate when fighting multiple opponents at once was increased

is this for pvp too or just mobs

• Like 1

this new aiming stuff sounds super dumb for group pvp

• Like 1

honestly its exhausting trying to give feedback when you dont even document what the changes do but just give super vague descriptions (regarding the combat overhaul feedback)

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Joemog said:

honestly its exhausting trying to give feedback when you dont even document what the changes do but just give super vague descriptions (regarding the combat overhaul feedback)

Totally agree on that part.

• Like 3

Ah the combat update balance patch hit the server. And we get new visuel effects that is great. But over all I feel more disapointment then excitment for this. It was promotet as one of the "big updates this year" and now its waht? the patch notes don´t even contain 20 small points that direclty invove the combat. Its not that I am not happy that things are moving alonge but over all it feels like a glacial past on atacking a big subject or a lack of direction waht you even wan´t to archive so you go back and forth and change nothing in the end.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

is this for pvp too or just mobs

It is for pvp also currently, if it is an issue in the end it can be disabled for pvp.

Just out of curiousity, you'd added in crits for pve, but....absolutely no where has been mentioned, crit rates, what affects them, or anything the player can do to boost them etc. How will we know to report if they're bugged or not, the same could be said for *most* of the patch notes.

How does this effect group fights? "Defending the direction a creature attacks is key to winning the fight"
will I lose hard against two or more people now?

Edited by Trash

The new achievement list is really nice! Will the original list get an upgrade too?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Visual changes:
    • An approximate creature difficulty indicator has been added and will appear next to their in-world health bar. This is a relative indicator, compared to your strength, skills and equipment

Unequipping armour causes new UI indicator not to update to correctly reflect opponent difficulty, until passing through a gate or door.

Seems like you can't actually miss a hit at all anymore? Only glance / evade etc? (You can miss, but it's not a lot)

Edited by Sn00

Too much clicking to choose correct direction of defend, have no even time to focus or bash some time. 
Two monsters can really make you in trouble even if you are been overpowered before and increased block rate doesn't feels help because you also do not block much in that case.
And its looks some time as broken and have no one direction glowing to defend and also it shows like you cant aim to some direction some time, as on image (edit: thats because i've been weapon less)
 unknown.png

Also I'm not sure if its ok, but I've got hit thro glance but I can't really remember at least one episode in past when I hit monsters thro glance (probably because we had no sound of glances and its been not so obvious, but I've look at combat log a lot usually)
[21:02:37] The attack to the right thigh glances off your armour.
[21:02:37] Adolescent mountain lion claws you pretty hard in the right thigh and slaps it.

Edited by Nelsy

Combat messages that appears above monster must be a lot shorter and readable than in logs, otherwise it pointless

• Like 5

It would be much better to see floating numbers of damage output. I don't really want see which part of body I've hit, but it can be mentioned by small icon near damage number. Also I don't want to know which monster I hit because it too obvious what is his name. Also maybe we can use different colors for different wound damage amount, and use some icon of wound type made. If your attack get glanced or blocked don't need to popup whole message as it in combat log, just little message "block" or "glance" are enough. These small change will make it pretty and useful.

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 4

been hunting with the new changes for a while now and the aiming thing really doesnt add any fun just some tediousness

9 minutes ago, Joemog said:

been hunting with the new changes for a while now and the aiming thing really doesnt add any fun just some tediousness

Agree, I don't like the idea we become weaker and we have to constantly click at directions to defend - not fun at all

• Like 4

It would be great to have it as addition if you feel like you want use it to save your health more than usual, but not that way when you get forced to use it to bring everything to normal. There is no even time to change directions, I mean its like 3 seconds you change direction to defend and while you change yours, monster change his direction to attack, and you playing this game with him without any break, and he hit you in the process... And if second monster comes in game they gonna hit you a lot no matter how you good. And while I constantly changing my direction to defend when I supposed to change direction to attack and increase my focus if each action takes so much time? its like drain thing to my weak nervous system, I gonna die, please no xD

Edited by Nelsy

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:
    • Defending the direction a creature attacks is key to winning the fight
    • Shield blocking rate when fighting multiple opponents at once was increased

Okay, so how do these two points work together in general? 

If im fighting troll, scorp and a lava, troll targets my upper parts, scorp - middle, lava - lower. How do i defend to have the "key" to the victory? My blocking is increased, ok, but im guessing you only block when defending the right parts? info plz?!

Also, why is autofight now not ays effective? Why the option was removed for me to fight mobs like i did for the last 10 years? I dont care about special moves or any other more interactive combat, all i care is i kill 500 mobs in an hour like i did before when grinding hunting.. Were fighting and subskill gains adjusted accordingly to offset less productive fighting now?

Update - lol tried this new system, and had enough.. I could fight 3 greenish trolls at once, hell could leave afk i wouldnt die. Now 2 greenish trolls chewed me up in no time regardless how much i tried to combat them.. What an upgrade :D

Oh, P.S. use old client while you still can. So far it works "old school" fighting way on it, it seems..

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

Steam Achievements:

Raise a skill to 20, is not showing as unlocked on my main character.

I know I could raise a skill over 20 just to trigger it, but this could be a problem for players who have all their skills over 20 already.

Perhaps add a simple check to see if the player already has any skills over 20! ;) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the patch reset my fighting style from aggressive to normal. Easy to miss if you're not monitoring your skills window.

5 minutes ago, Ajala said:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the patch reset my fighting style from aggressive to normal. Easy to miss if you're not monitoring your skills window.

autofight changes stance for some reason

Sign in to follow this