Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Graphic option to make nights brighter/darker

Please. I want to actually have dark nights again. Half the time I dont even realize my lantern is out because its so bright

• Like 4

+1... but i want brighter nights because it's pitch black on my laptop >_>

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 11:17 AM, Gawain said:

Please. I want to actually have dark nights again. Half the time I dont even realize my lantern is out because its so bright

I am constantly forgetting to snuff out my lantern cause of how bright the nights are.

And to answer the inevitable "Why do you light your lantern if it's so bright?", caves are actually pitch black without light.

Edited by Spazmunki13
Removed unnecessary element.
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Odynn said:

+1... but i want brighter nights because it's pitch black on my laptop >_>

Absolutely +1 because of this :D

• Like 1

I guess it's the best course, some people just want immersion and have no sight/screen problems.

I often cannot literally see anything even with the nights as bright as they are now, and i dread going back to even darker ones

so yeah +1

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

+1 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

I DEMANNDDD the darker nights!
My lantern is virtually useless now, and my purple kingdom would look so much more appealing with darker nights again!

I've tried to adjust the brightness setting in game - but that also effects the overall lighting system so it just doesn't work!

• Like 1

As long as going darker isn't forced (I personally find it dark enough and even too dark at times; I find I have to close the curtains irl daytime to play wurm nighttime), I have have no objection.

I do find it interesting how different our perceptions are. I have a large rose-bush garden (about 120) that I'm farming for sprouts to complete a hedge maze and find it really annoying to do this daytime irl when it's nightime in wurm if I don't light my lantern.

That said, I'm running macOS and understand we don't benefit from a lot of improvements for graphics (e.g., I don't see text on signs and water is still old-style). I wonder if things are also darker on macs because of this? I always get jealous of the graphics when I watch Factional Fight or KatsPurr on YouTube.

Edited by Calan
  • Like 1