Sign in to follow this  
Reskal

The bitterly end of Crookededdie

I was macroing my prospecting skill, being on nightshift and taking a nap for a while. As i returned hours later(my boss would ban me too but he cannot detect my macro for this) to my notebook, there was a antimacroing-window  popped up, asking me a question beyond my level of education.

"What has no legs ?"

A seal ?

A stool ?

And something else i could not read, my reading glasses were somewhere else then me. I clicked "a seal" i think and the macro test failed. Said something not to use a pickaxe wrong or something and that i have to log out, what i did.

Then i logged back in and worked a bit around, drove with the cart around to do this and that. As i was cutting gras on a hile a hour later, the flash of anger and justice hit me. Saying something of a wrong used pickaxe and that i'm banned for 9999 days.

Well, that was unexpected but refreshing.

I loved Wurm, i loved the communities, the new one on the northern islands is not as bad as i thought, even it is created under the influence of the steam community. The new interface and the new graphics(the colours of the sky are way better then earlier, it was fun looking into dusk and dawn).

I loved all the possibilies you have in this game. Its really special in all the things you can do, combined with your fantasy and your creativity. I loved helping, i never were the guy to have a own deed, much more to travel around and stay with people and work for them. All i was for was enchanted tools, coc, makes the life so much better. Eddie was not a experienced character but was planned to be, until i was banned, because i wanted to be able to find ore veins and especially i wanted to be able to predict how long they will last. It would be for sure a good feeling to tell how long it will take to mine this dang vein out, that is blocking your tunnel project( 1 of 37).

I loved the friends and the huge game area where you could travel, settle and meet people; i forgot to say i played wurm since 2004, with long breaks between. I even loved wurmpedia, because its really helpful and fast to reach(after 15 having the option ingame, it finally worked !). And i loved mining also, so prospecting was a must for me.

What i never loved and could not even stand was the imagination to stand for hours, staring at the wall and again and again for a number to raise, even without macroing it was sometimes tedious. Using no macros in some situations overwhelmed me totally.

So i lost the game i guess, what had to happen, happened. Yes i knew the risk.

Bye Alliance, you were really a nice bunch of peeps. I'm a real maverick, ever been, don't have friends and since im 54, the little family(parents and their relatives) i had is dying out slowly. Sleeping at day and working at night as a nightwatchman, so much time to play(and to sleep), i'm the paradigm for the guy about that players of all games laugh, because he has no life, but with you i managed to have fun in all the hi's and bye's, all the fun- crap- and smalltalk, the helping out with work or informations. Short said, i enjoyed you very much and i thank you all for that time.

• Like 4

This is one of the most respectful 'I cheated and was caught' threads ever. There is nothing but love for the game here.
You did the wrong thing, but you for sure have the correct attitude about your departure from the game...not even attempting to hide what you did...

You will be missed mate, hopefully you will find love for another game like you loved Wurm, and if you do, hopefully you can refrain from breaking the ToS to enjoy it.

o/ Best of luck.

• Like 2

Wurm, when played by itself can be tedious. This is known. It's a little known fact, but Netflix moved to a streaming service solely because the CEO was a Wurmian and couldn't stand staring at a timer for 4 hours without distraction. If you don't have a second screen, get a cheap tablet, or prop your phone up next to you while you play.

Don't cheat, it ruins it for everyone else who has spent countless hours getting decent skills (whilst watching Netflix) to have you pop up seemingly overnight with something comparable. The community is special because of things like the grind. If we all followed your footsteps everyone gets top Weaponsmithing skills etc without effort, grows bored and moves on to another game.

Sorry you can no longer play, but at least you owned up to it so points there.

Edited by dlinacre
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Reskal said:

Sleeping at day and working at night as a nightwatchman, so much time to play(and to sleep), i'm the paradigm for the guy about that players of all games laugh, because he has no life, but with you i managed to have fun in all the hi's and bye's, all the fun- crap- and smalltalk, the helping out with work or informations. Short said, i enjoyed you very much and i thank you all for that time.

If you enjoyed it then no reason to quit. Just make a new account.

Besides, everybody knows that there are no quits in Wurm, only breaks and break time may vary from 1 to x years ; ).

• Like 1

This is dumb.

this is stupid. fare well dude.

Edited by Makarus
blabla bla bla bla

7 minutes ago, dlinacre said:

If we all followed your footsteps everyone gets top Weaponsmithing skills etc without effort, grows bored and moves on to another game.

Not excusing his actions at all - but macroing the same action on a tile over and over is a lot different than utilizing an AI(bot) to grind weapon smithing for you. Not quite in the same category. Both still cheating however, and punishable by account perms as per Enki.

27 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

but macroing the same action on a tile over and over is a lot different than utilizing an AI(bot) to grind weapon smithing for you.

yeah.

Edited by Makarus

2 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

Not excusing his actions at all - but macroing the same action on a tile over and over is a lot different than utilizing an AI(bot) to grind weapon smithing for you. Not quite in the same category. Both still cheating however, and punishable by account perms as per Enki.

Is it? The difference in category sounds to me like a script to macro one action repeatedly vs something more complex to macro up to five different actions. The end result is the same - a skill you've gathered while not really playing.

• Like 3

Sad to hear but it is real a great thing to read how open you are about what happened. Based on nothing else but your post maybe with time you will consider what happened not an end to your Wurm "career" but a learning curve on what is important for you in the game. The "lucky" part: better to bite that bullet on a toon who is not fully developed yet.