Sign in to follow this  
Muse

[SOLVED] Game Crashes when viewing Epic Portals

Windowed resizable.

Would like to hear from anyone else who suffers this:

Shortly after my view looks on an Epic Portal, my whole PC system freezes and hangs, and has to be restarted.

This seems to happen more often at night time, and I've had to start turning around and looking behind me and averting my 'gaze' when I know I have to pass an Epic Portal, so that I do not look at them directly.

I believe this has only happened since the portals have had the new transparency with the 'glow' in the centre.

I am wondering if it is the combined load of transparency and lighting causing an overload on my system.

Any ideas on which settings I could change to alleviate this would be great.

In the meantime I've developed the neck of an owl and sometimes turn 270 degrees to avoid looking at the portals! :)

Edited by Muse

Perhaps it's client related ? What are you using? Did you try switching between clients to see if it gets solved?

delete graphics.jar? and let the launcher to redownload it?

is there crash log or any message when the client crashes, some clue if it's graphics glitch or something driver/hardware incompatible to cause it?

Might be worth mentioning your vga, devs could think of possible cause with the modules core/plugin or w/e it was('funny how I haven't touched these settings in years.. to the point I've forgotten them)

Edited by Finnn

Thanks @elentariand @Finnn!

I loaded the old Low Memory client and this one didn't have the portal issue, so I then went back to the new Live client, which forced a new download, and again no problem any more.

I now notice the glowing graphic in the centre of the portal 'twinkles' - I never noticed this effect before, so maybe the client was really messed up as you say. :)

Thanks v much :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1