Samool

Valrei International. Combat Overhaul

did someone say slate forges?

im still waiting for slate forges and statues and ovens

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

On 2/23/2021 at 6:04 AM, Wyndolm said:

Combat Overhaul:

What about a filter option for combat spam so that I only see messages related to me (what i dish out and what i have to take) and not BS of all other players? Aside of being able to see messages really relevant to me it would especially in Rifts prolly cut down massively in server bandwidth needs?

I see some good mileage in filter options, though as I'm not a solo-fighter most of the time, but a support unit, I do need to know what happens to players who are not me. Being able to filter combat notifications by Friends and by Team would definitely be extremely useful, for specific situations. And selecting Team-filter when you have no Team formed, could potentially give you notifications only about attacks on you, your mount, pet and led animals.

What really would be a real game-changer (and I'm expecting cries of "OP" here, because it would potentially change a lot) would be an option to see health-status in the logs next to the creature - Healthy, Wounded, Bleeding, Dying. Limit to own-Kingdom players/pets if it's truly too OP/spam-heavy without that limit.

Another mechanic that would change a LOT, would be if name-colour in local reflected degrees of range from self. If you share a Kingdom, I personally don't think it would be OP. It would be extremely powerful, for example, to be able to see, with a statuette activated, which names are within AoE spell-range. I'm sure that would make it very popular to carry Fo statuettes to Rift events, even if you're a low-skill account and not a Fo priest, to see if you're within range of a name that is casting LoF. Because trying to spot anyone specific at a Freedom Rift Event is almost impossible.

But one bit of wogic I really don't understand is, if I can hear an creature's dying scream, why I am not allowed to see, at minimum, an event message saying 'x is dead, RIP.' Not who or what killed it, or is attacking it, or where it is, just the death notification itself. Especially with starvation screams.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, Finnn said:

What is he having, I'd like some of the same, make it 2, 3 mugs!

What are we complaining about AH being tied to Fo priest.. why were priests begging to be untied from crafting alts and other people for simple things, why is AH ties to Fo-es, why is it so hard to have a plain 5 speed horse at high AH skill or there's that urge to stab a newborn foal if it's rare color and 5-speed but with a bad trait, why..., what.., how is he so happy with 2x 5-speed champs and others can't enjoy the system the same way. I wonder. Maybe he's missing SOMETHING, or is that us..?

I never said the system is perfect.  I am all for general bugfixes and some carefully considered minor improvements.  However, years of experience in this game have taught me to be VERY skeptical with complete overhauls.  Even a single fairly simple seeming improvement can change something from tolerable to abandoned.  For example, I used to live on the Epic cluster.

Right now I really like the animals and breeding in the game.  Could the system be better?  Of course!  I am simply worried that I may not like the system after the overhaul, and right now it is my favorite part of Wurm.  I can also see lots and lots of areas that need attention far more than the animals, so the priority confuses me.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:59 AM, Samool said:

Old UI client

While we’ve always mentioned the old UI client would be going away, it’s only now that we have features coming in that won’t be able to support it anymore for future changes.

You should expect the old UI client to be removed sometime between a month and two months from now.

There have been many improvements to the new UI since it was released, the most recent of which addresses the issue of it being too bulky - a new “Text scale” option was added, in addition to “UI Scale” that was there previously - make sure to play with that if you haven’t yet. (Setting UI Scale to something low, yet text scale to something higher, allows you to make the UI look less bulky while maintaining readable text)

If that doesn’t solve all your new UI worries, please make sure to note them in the appropriate feedback thread, so that we can have another pass of issue fixing on it before the old one is no longer available.

This worries me a lot, besides not liking the new UI really much, will i still be able to launch the game in "low memory" setting?

If i select "low memory" it still starts with the old UI...

Is there any option at all to have the low memory setting with the new UI? because if there isn't, please don't do that, i don't care if it bugs out with new combat or whatever.

6 hours ago, Davih said:

This worries me a lot, besides not liking the new UI really much, will i still be able to launch the game in "low memory" setting?

If i select "low memory" it still starts with the old UI...

Is there any option at all to have the low memory setting with the new UI? because if there isn't, please don't do that, i don't care if it bugs out with new combat or whatever.

There wil be an option to launch the new UI in the low memory setting once the old UI is gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Samool said:

There wil be an option to launch the new UI in the low memory setting once the old UI is gone.

I would love to switch to it now rather than wait for the old UI to go away. I have been waiting for the low mem version since the new UI came out. While you can increase the font size in the old UI the new UI does a much better job when increasing UI text size. Looks way better.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 9:59 PM, Samool said:

You should expect the old UI client to be removed sometime between a month and two months from now.

Ok. I have been using the new UI for a couple days now, It is so darned glitched - it is unusable in its present state. I am spending as much time constructing bug reports for the new UI as I am trying to just play Wurm.

For the love of God - fix the new UI glitches. Look at it? Use it a bit?

I'm very unhappy w/ the new UI.

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Ok. I have been using the new UI for a couple days now, It is so darned glitched - it is unusable in its present state. I am spending as much time constructing bug reports for the new UI as I am trying to just play Wurm.

For the love of God - fix the new UI glitches. Look at it? Use it a bit?

I'm very unhappy w/ the new UI.

We'll go through the bug reports and have another UI update soon, but detailed reports rather than "look at it, use it" would help. I've noticed your recent threads mentioning some issues and we'll work through them as well, so make sure to get some more reports in if that's not all of them already.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samool said:

We'll go through the bug reports and have another UI update soon, but detailed reports rather than "look at it, use it" would help. I've noticed your recent threads mentioning some issues and we'll work through them as well, so make sure to get some more reports in if that's not all of them already.

Should bugs be reported under the bug reports subforum or will the New UI Public Testing thread continue to be monitored?

4 hours ago, Samool said:

get some more reports in if that's not all of them already

Thanks Samool ! Sorry, just gave up using new UI for a while. I'll prolly get back in the saddle next month or so. Thanks your response. So far I posted the issues I saw. So you're all caught up.

10 hours ago, Madnath said:

Should bugs be reported under the bug reports subforum or will the New UI Public Testing thread continue to be monitored?

Both will be monitored so either of those places works for UI bug reports.