Sign in to follow this  
Trake

Change Audio output without restarting

Small QoL change that would be nice: When changing the audio output device, the sound doesn't move to the new default device. The sound stays on the previous device.

Many softwares will redirect audio to the new selection, it would be nice if Wurm could.. Sometimes I need headphones, sometimes speakers are preferred.

It would be nice not to relaunch the client every time I need to change.

Please correct me if I'm missing a feature/work-around.

• Like 2

No, this is a very irritating BUG in my opinion.  I have no other apps or games that have trouble handing off the sound to whichever sound output is active.  Only Wurm.  For people with multiple clients a simple task like swapping to headphones is a royal pain in the rear end.

This is currently my biggest beef with the game.  When I have to relog 10 clients and reconfigure all their windows, just to listen with headphones, it makes me crazy.  I often just log out and do something else.

I'll slap in inverse Protunia down:  +1

• Like 1

You can work around this by changing the sound engine to "Software". I do seem to have sound bugs with it (sounds missing/delayed in combat mostly) but those could be present with the setting on Hardware as well. 

I find the software sound is pretty bad.  Sounds can be super delayed. Sometimes insanely loud for some reason.  Lots missing like you mentioned.  It is like the original sounds are being converted to text, sent to mars and back, run through google translate, then converted back to audio.  That is being kind.

• Like 1