Sign in to follow this  
Arathok

I want to create a custom ressource/rock layer. How Do?

Hello Fellow wurmians! I want to create a custom map for my server and i saw some maps from CountZero that had custom ore placement. How can I do that? I tried several generators but none offer this option. Can i somehow export the ressources.map file to a image editing tool and add ores on my own?
Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day!

deleted my bad ideas 😛 I came up with two better ideas (besides simply messaging COUNT ZERO to ask how he did it)

Edit 1 : Have you already tried asking in the discord modding channel?  

https://discord.com/invite/yrvGsdU

Edit 2:  it looks like Jonneh may have made a custom map generator that includes regional ore distribution here? Not sure if this does what you need, but maybe worth a look:

(the problem may be finding someone who still has the files for this particular generator since the link is apparently broken ... which might involve again asking CountZero or the modding discord, unless someone here has a copy..)

edit 3, there is probably someone who can write a script to do this with an existing map,  similar to the script that fixed sandstone veins, again maybe ask in modding channel...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

deleted my bad ideas 😛 I came up with two better ideas (besides simply messaging COUNT ZERO to ask how he did it)

Edit 1 : Have you already tried asking in the discord modding channel?  

https://discord.com/invite/yrvGsdU

Edit 2:  it looks like Jonneh may have made a custom map generator that includes regional ore distribution here? Not sure if this does what you need, but maybe worth a look:

(the problem may be finding someone who still has the files for this particular generator since the link is apparently broken ... which might involve again asking CountZero or the modding discord, unless someone here has a copy..)

edit 3, there is probably someone who can write a script to do this with an existing map,  similar to the script that fixed sandstone veins, again maybe ask in modding channel...

Thank you so much! Also i dont think any idea on this is bad since i have 0 ideas :D
there is still the source code of jonnehs generator on github, maybe i can compile it

I wasnt even aware there was a modding discord! I need to sign up at once!
Maybe it loops all back to CountZero, but he hasnt been active for long... so well see.

Thanks again i really appreciate it!