Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Foals have more traits than expected. Why? How does this work?

Context: Breeding abandoned breeding stock on Defiance.

Datamining AH

Animal Husbandry 26.590633 after breeding

Foals; all colours, all traits; unless otherwise stated, all parents have 5 visible traits.

(1x) 2 traits: Fancywind(4t parent).

(15x) 3 traits: Nanookwalking, Fleavanilla, Warnorth, Ebendance, Pearleast, Maxrage, Jadechaser, Cloudpanda, Pickebony, Tammyeast (6t parents), Dompie, Hardflash, Hardpick(4t parent), Eckerdream(4t parent), Ebonytess(4t parents).

(21x) 4 traits: Greyhard, Edpick, Ironpick, Greydream, Irontear, Nafacloud, Osionafa, Babenorth, Dogchaser, Flashmountain, Fastfabiola(4t parent), Maintainyahya, Kalilhappy, Pearlunity, Honeysage, Dreamkin(6t parents), Copperstrong, Balletosio, Northpearl, Warhappy, Hopcoffee.

(12x) 5 traits: Ochobrisk, Rolfecker, Tessrock, Dreambouncer, Pearllightning, Dreamdream, Swiftwalking, Piehappy, Kiahappy, Umbrahop, Tomraid, Raidfast.

You can breed 5 speeds with a f2p if the parents already have the traits

Does that mean there's no risk of a foal developing an unwanted trait, as long as the number of traits in the parents exceeds player breeding skill?

11 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Perhaps this may be helpful to you. 

Thanks for refreshing my memory. It didn't specifically answer my question, but useful to other readers I'm sure. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drayka said:

Does that mean there's no risk of a foal developing an unwanted trait, as long as the number of traits in the parents exceeds player breeding skill?

No, it does not. if you breed two animals with the same exact traits you can still get a variance: an animal with fewer speed traits and some undesirable traits. In fact, I'd wager those ones you listed with 2-4 traits have some negatives in there, which you won't be able to see until your AH is higher.

• Like 2