Sign in to follow this  
Maraketh

New Person Question

So I have done some googling but can't really find a concrete answer on this. With the newbie friendly flag, does it disable the nasty spawns everywhere, like you'll never see an end game critter without GM intervention or does it just disable it around potential spawn areas?

it does it server wide, you will still get some hostile creatures like spiders and bears. We had a discussion once on what was-and-wasn't included:

There was at that time some confusion on whether it only left out the uniques, or if it still included anything that spawns at a "lair"  like crocodiles/trolls/lava spiders etc. 

You can also reduce the "hostile %" of creatures to nearly zero make it even more newbie friendly. 

Some new servers will start out with very very low hostile spawn % and as players get higher level and more confidence, will gradually tweak it upward to suit their comfort level.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

So if I untick it, next server reload it will factor in the spawns?

Also thank you for clarifying :) I appreciate you taking the effort to break it down

I have not played with it a lot. I -do- think it would let you change later on, but I am not 100% sure.  You might need to either clear out some of the current spawns to make room for the newer harder content, or increase the creature count, so that there are open slots for them to spawn in.

Wurm spawning is sometimes a little .. unpredictable.

You could also make a GM character whose sole function is to login and wizkill any dragons or uniques that are terrorizing the countryside ... although a teensy touch of terror now and then is not all bad. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Heh i've noticed a few times loading in trying to learn the ropes, some massive level eleventy billion things (thats the technical term) surrounding my mostly nekked newbie arse shortly there after they eat me

• Like 1