Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

A new event tab for important stuff

I'm probably going to look very foolish if this is already possible, but it would be nice to have an event tab that only logs important events, such as receiving money, receiving mail, running out of upkeep, premium expiring, getting banned for calling Retro a piece of ######, etc, without all the other crap about walking past a bee hive or standing too far away from a container etc. 

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ajala said:

I'm probably going to look very foolish if this is already possible, but it would be nice to have an event tab that only logs important events, such as receiving money, receiving mail, running out of upkeep, premium expiring, getting banned for insulting Retro, etc, without all the other crap about walking past a bee hive or standing too far away from a container etc. 

I've been thinking lately it'd be great to have some more options for how event tab works for us, now we have this great new UI. This suggestion actually feels like what I think I was missing from the thread I wanted to make.

I think the best way to do this would be to create a new tab, maybe called "Personal" or something. You can choose what pops into that tab, either via a selection in the options "Show affinity, show rare roll, show mail ect." or via custom text if it isn't too much of a pain, similar to what you can do with Wurm Assistant.

2 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I've been thinking lately it'd be great to have some more options for how event tab works for us, now we have this great new UI. This suggestion actually feels like what I think I was missing from the thread I wanted to make.

I think the best way to do this would be to create a new tab, maybe called "Personal" or something. You can choose what pops into that tab, either via a selection in the options "Show affinity, show rare roll, show mail ect." or via custom text if it isn't too much of a pain, similar to what you can do with Wurm Assistant.

Plus one to this.

more chat customization, filters, etc.   just like any other game

add/remove tabs, right click tabs for settings, etc

Spoiler

FOQIJNh.png

• Like 2

I think the chat/message tabs could use some improvements too. I'd like to have local separated from the others so I always see it. Of course this is possible but I've been unable to find a way to save the layout. 

I think the best approach is to have generic chat windows. You have the option to feed the different channels (combat, event, local, trade...) into what ever window you want.

Edited by bigtree

1 minute ago, bigtree said:

I think the chat/message tabs could use some improvements too. I'd like to have local separated from the others so I always see it. Of course this is possible but I've been unable to find a way to save the layout. 

you can move local to events

Spoiler

5Kk2kZA.png

Spoiler

fDDEMDg.png

1 minute ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

I didn't know that. Still ideally I'd like it to have it's own dedicated window.

I was lazy to track my meditations when that was a thing.. when I did the last one.. what was the message normal or 3h one.. WA is cool but *** WA, rather not run another application and deal with it's features and restrictions.

And.. since I'm lazy... wrote a terrible php script executed in cmd :)

0258713a30412b57c33fa35e399a2e5b.png

It was originally showing only inspirations.. later made it to lookup a word or string with quote-something, which now I use to quick search for mail, http(gm stream is starting event), shutdown message where it have been xx minutes and I have no clue what last message was+timestamp.. gives me good idea when to logout before a shutdown

74952c217f0c87c00fa05694de812cf0.png

I am lazy to open log files and ctrl+f 😕

but sure.. it makes sense to have a filter system.. maybe new tabs.. and adding rules.. what to show.. whatever makes sense for the devs to implement.. reminds me of a talk with a CA about something similar.. I think it was about search bar like for BSB/FSB/etc. containers that we now have with new ui... but for event log.. that way CA's could tell somebody to do something and lookup a message from few minutes ago.. (it made sense for certain somebody in ca-help explaining wide and long about something.. but wiggling out of finding 1 event message to clear things and get help based on event log message)

In terms of mail stuff.. mail system needs it's own ledger with: cod-items log/mailed but not received(read picked up) items; possibly an option to recall an item before the 2weeks; if something isnt picked up in 1 week or 3 days.. give the sender option to recall the sent item, etc.. mail features needs it's own feature upgrade, rather than chat log/filter/ implementation.

else .. even a search bar.. will solve a lot of the issues some have.. yet... it's going to work only for 'current session', if you log out and log in.. and want to check meditation message from past session.. impossible.. UNLESS.. there's a checkbox.. making the search use the latest event log &/OR all logs; this alone solves so many possible scenarios.

#IMO #LAZY #ME 

1 hour ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

5Kk2kZA.png

Reveal hidden contents

fDDEMDg.png

That has been possible forever, has it not? It's standard procedure for most folks PvPing.

And in general, some customization for what appears in events tab is a great idea.

1 minute ago, Darwin said:

ALL CHANGE IS SCARY AND MAKES THE SAD OCCUR

that's only mental condition @Darwin

The fear of change can manifest as a phobia psychologists call Metathesiophobia. The symptoms of Metathesiophobia can be severe, ranging from panic attacks to health issues.

• Like 1

If only a Chat Moderator's opinion mattered. That would be so cool.

• Like 2

I can see this being handy, or at least highlighting important stuff in a more noticeable color as it runs through event . Obv not "BEES!!!" green :)

If only a community manager's opinion mattered. That would be so cool.

some control over Event messages has been suggested over the years with positive support.

Still a good idea.

• Like 1

Why not just let us have cake like other MMO's... add filtering and the ability to create custom named tabs, so you can filter and sort your own chat.   Make the current setups the default and we can further filter from there.

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

Why not just let us have cake like other MMO's... add filtering and the ability to create custom named tabs, so you can filter and sort your own chat.   Make the current setups the default and we can further filter from there.

WHO says it's all coming as 1 stream of text.. and you get to split it however you like.., maybe it is.. never bothered to sniff packets and see what wurm uses for chat....(or read wu code for that matter) 

in other words... could be designed in a way to have the communication split.. it's not like irc clients and restructuring them like the old 'mirc'/xchat/telnet etc... as it's 1 stream and you just make whatever views you like from it.

ohh time to bump this up since we really need it :)