Sign in to follow this  
azuleslight

Drastic suggestion: Rifts

It has become a major issue where rogue individuals are starting to close rifts before even warmasters have been killed. Those same people are unwilling to wait for healing debuffs go away and they bury bodies without butchering them. they dont participate in the rift in any other ways but those three.
some might say "oh well, to bad, deal with it" or "rifts take to long anyways" to those people i say then why come to an event designed to require teamwork and time? go bury a unique and have you and your 14 buddies kill that...do whatever you want there.

On to my suggestion: to stop these "lovely" individuals from running roughshot over up to 100's other people. A vote que pops whenever the last heart of a phase is trying to be burnt. this goes out to all people with rift points and in the local area. it simply says allow heart to be burnt or no...if it passes with 51%, it get burnt..... if not, it fails, heart goes bye bye, the person burning the heart get a 10 minute debuff and cannot burn hearts until debuff is gone. 

why such a harsh penalty? why not just not allow it to not be burnt....because we all know those people who dont care enough to burn the heart in the first place and mess with the group. Would keep trying to spam burn hearts to annoy everyone, thus the harsh punishment.

I know this might rub some of you the wrong way and i say good. Rift's should not be closed when warmasters are being fought and 1 person shouldnt be able to dictate to 100's of other participants despite being asked politely not to be a jerk.

and finally, these actions violate the rules of the game listed here on the forum of "dont ruin other peoples fun" which is a bannable offense.

to avoid GM's personal judgement, this would take the guess work out of it and let the group enjoy the event without the threat of someone who has other agenda's

I assume such is occurring on NFI because I rarely saw such during rifts. Yes, last 2 rifts ago near Vrocks Landing someone finished prematurely by saccing but I think that was more unintentional. As to burying corpses, of course everyone is entitled to bury, with or without butchering, unless it is a player's or branded animal's corpse.

If behaviour felt abusive is occurring more frequently (having visited in excess of 120 rifts since 2019 I cannot say so for SFI or pre steam launch) I would suggest that a GM observes the next few rifts on NFI to decide whether or not there is abusive conduct requiring regulation. If so, a head GM ruling should be issued requiring consent in local before closing a rift round. Rigging game mechanics seems the last resort and should be avoided if possible.

As to burying I am opposed to changes. After a few ten rifts corpses will be abundant so patience. If someone is trolling by deliberate burials the person should be reported to the GMs as griefer. Communicating before reporting being a prerequiste.

5 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I assume such is occurring on NFI because I rarely saw such during rifts. Yes, last 2 rifts ago near Vrocks Landing someone finished prematurely by saccing but I think that was more unintentional. As to burying corpses, of course everyone is entitled to bury, with or without butchering, unless it is a player's or branded animal's corpse.

If behaviour felt abusive is occurring more frequently (having visited in excess of 120 rifts since 2019 I cannot say so for SFI or pre steam launch) I would suggest that a GM observes the next few rifts on NFI to decide whether or not there is abusive conduct requiring regulation. If so, a head GM ruling should be issued requiring consent in local before closing a rift round. Rigging game mechanics seems the last resort and should be avoided if possible.

As to burying I am opposed to changes. After a few ten rifts corpses will be abundant so patience. If someone is trolling by deliberate burials the person should be reported to the GMs as griefer. Communicating before reporting being a prerequiste.

yes NFI, and it seems purposeful, the same individuals state they dont care and they sac the hearts after people ask them not to....and then they start arguments that they wont let drop until people forcibly change the subject or outright ignore them. 
As for the burying, i agree normally its whatever, but its seems to be done intentionally. Sometimes it seems (i could be wrong) they would "bury all" on butchered bodies as well so no one got the by products after being asked not to just bury bodies.

I dont agree that a lone GM should be an observer, if observation as you suggest is warrented, i think there should be at least 3 of them. in this way they can confur and decide as a group. this stops the claim that a GM is being bias and showing favor. As well as keeps anyone whose having a bad day from taking it out on someone. Nothing anyone can say will change my opinion on that, i've seen it played out to many times...and the reviews on steam alone verify several accounts of it. 

I agree making code should be a last ditch effort, but it has come to that in my opinion. As its seems NFI servers are mostly left to their own devices and GM's rarely monitor short of a ticket. I could be wholly wrong, but I havent seen outside CA CHAT. Many if any GM's actively playing a toon on NFI.

like i said i agree burying normally is whatever, but it seems to be being done in a spitful effort. When 100+ people ask for you to butcher or leave the meat and reply it takes to long or no...clearly, if thats all your doing, its wholly untrue and/or your trolling IMO. Communication is key is correct, as i stated in my OP "Rift's should not be closed when warmasters are being fought and 1 person shouldnt be able to dictate to 100's of other participants despite being asked politely not to be a jerk."

What you are reporting sounds a lot like griefing to me. Therefore I indeed think that observation by the GM would be the right thing to do. Raise a ticket with all conversations involved (should be in your logs). If someone acts that destructively s/he may do it in other fields as well. And as to the GM you or the possible offenders need not to see them when they are observing. They also may have backlogs on the servers to appraise the behaviour.

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

What you are reporting sounds a lot like griefing to me. Therefore I indeed think that observation by the GM would be the right thing to do. Raise a ticket with all conversations involved (should be in your logs). If someone acts that destructively s/he may do it in other fields as well. And as to the GM you or the possible offenders need not to see them when they are observing. They also may have backlogs on the servers to appraise the behaviour.

I plan on waiting 1 more rift before going that route to compile a paper trail long enough to satify anyone. I have to get the dates for the last 2 rifts to send them.  You are right we dont, and that is totally possible, but my doubt will grow if after 3 consecutive rifts nothing is done based on that "backlogged data" as that is now a pattern of behavior.

TWO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

Who gives a ... about the warmaster?

How does this affect the way you wake up before and after rift day?

It's a big moaning spawn, it's a point or few.. it's irrelevant and annoyance to kill, why do people bother to kill it if it doesn't give something significant that worths the annoyance, time and effort to be killed????

it's design flaw segment that smart people skip because there's no pay day for the job

Not that I'm interested anymore in rifts since I've finished my 100th for the journal but...

It is more likely you don't really aware of actual rift mechanics and award. Killing the warmaster after the turrets spawned has no benefit at all. It won't give anything else but a mere rift point like any other rift mobs (yes that is sad but true, it feels like some reward should be present there). On the opposite hand burning hearts give rift points and also every rift mob which were alive when the rift was closed will drop additional loot.

So... actually the proper and more beneficial way to deal with rifts is closing them as soon as possible after the turrets spawned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What happens is not griefing but playing out the existing mechanics in full in my view.

EDIT: which does not mean I think the rift mechanics are good, they are not. I think the original way was even better, now the rifts are simple but boringly long pinata runs. Mobs are much weaker, they are dumb, no traps anymore on the field, less threat, less fun... and the worst is that mobs no more eat out the mounts from carts. If anything going to rifts on cart is the thing which is real bad for the others blocking view and also eating up attacker slots.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

1: Blame the game, not the players.
2: If we take the line "Ruining other's people fun is a bannable offense" and interpretate it as we please, we can pretty much ban a sizeable chunk of the population.for whatever reason.
3: I don't think people bury whole corpses because of evilness or greedyness , i think they just don't know how it works and when someone writes in chat "please bury the corpses" they just do that regardless, maybe without understanding the potential damage, just take the time to explain in local why they shouldn't do that a couple times, and the problem will go away, when i was doing rifts in SFI, i used to have 60 butchering and 90ql 100+cast butchering knife, whenever a champion was killed i usually just insta-butchered him(without burying) in a few seconds to clear out the visual, i obviously can't do that now with 20 butchering and a a bad knife, but i would advice anyone who can to the same, to do that on champions or large corpses in general.
4: i never forced a rift-closure on anyone, but i can understand the feeling since wave4 was added and rifts feel like eternal suffering, see point 1

If i should add something to the complaints list, btw, please don't do rifts in wagons, and picking up corspes/meat before the rift is closed used to be a frown-upon behaviour, not sure about that now.

Edited by Davih

Thanks Jaz, I did not know that mechanic, admittedly I have never seen any loot dropped from mobs alive when a rift was closing rather those mobs just despawned, so are you sure (I am aware that there was sometimes some loot like special recipes, but that occurred during every round here and then)? If it is so, it explains also why those players were non communicative wanting to keep the spoils.

And the decision whether some conduct is acceptable or not is with the GM. Not "we" can ban, warn, or else reprimand, but it is up to them to decide.

Btw it is certainly a good idea to at least butcher the big corpses if one bothers. I am usually too lazy tbh. As said before, corpses will cease to be contested once rift participation drops.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

Also rift mechanics were toned to be much more restrictive than before - with the old system mobs spawned on a timer, now you must kill a specific amount to induce the next spawns (which makes rifts such a pain on very low population servers).

As burning is only allowed after all the mobs spawned for the wave everyone actively fighting may easily collect enough rift points to earn the highest tier of rewards (the higher ql and weight moon lump and the mats). If you look the events from the perspective of the early burners: having to wait to kill every single mob at the end to please the eternal and almost pointless bloodlust of some is just abusing others' gametime (after an already very long slasher session) as the mechanics work that way that participants need to be there at the end to get the award.

The solution is not to punish gamestyles or force a certain preferred gamestyle to others but change the rift mechanics to be more entertaining and/or less tedious.

17 minutes ago, Jaz said:

t enough rift points to earn the highest tier of rewards (the higher ql and weight moon lump and the mats).

The cap of rewards would be 400 points anyway, if i'm not wrong (20 material drops) it's not really easy to achieve, even multitagging, most people never reach that

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

I can say only one thing: It is good style to reach a consensus among the participants rather than forcing the own behaviour onto others. Closing the rift when others are fighting the warmaster is certainly bad conduct. Whether the recent mechanics are good or should be changed is another question.There is a thread for in feature feedback:

• Like 1

Most of you are missing the point here and are propbably guilty of said conduct as well. YOU ARE ONE PERSON, you do not get to dictate an entire rift as a single player for hundreds or even 10's of others. It's about stopping bad conduct, not crappy rift mechanics. If you dont like the mechanic's or the group of over a 100's/10's people disagree's with you. YOU do not have the right to be a rude player and ruin the fun of others. you are at that point as said by another post griefing. I dont care what you want i care what the group wants. it is the epitome of inconsiderateness to think you are in charge of other players fun at a group event. 

Edited by azuleslight

To me, it sounds like that "you" are doing the same as them. 

You are one person who is trying to speak for a group of people. 

You the 1 "I" is framing your posts in "We" talk. 

You are dictating how others play the game. You are saying that people need to play and work together in a certain way.  I am someone who might not do that. Some people (such as myself) play in different ways.  I mean how many people have moaned about rifts being too long and boring.  Ton loads.  But your lines about how if someone does not like playing for a long time at rifts then they should buzz off and do a quick slaying instead is like dismissing those users.

I know why though because "you" are frustrated and angry and want to enjoy the game as you want.  Just bloody own that!  Come on.

Btw: I've never gone to a rift before because they happen too late and they last far too long.  I have stuff in real life to do. That and killing monsters non stop for hours is not fun for me anymore. 

Disclaimer: I replied in this manner because I saw your post as a threat to my enjoyment of the game.  This is because as soon as you start enforcing and telling people how to play and act then that can become a slippery slope of more enforcement for the good of the so called group.  It is much much better to communicate with honesty then to start laying down punishment and vengeance.  Along with hating those users.   If you have a group of you then talk to these rouge users as a group.  I'm sure you can sort something out..

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 1

Rifts utterly suck. Warmaster is utter crap. Anyone who wishes to fight him is total bampot. If you're so desperate for a high QL rift wood or nail you should probably just grind a skill. Hell, ending the rift early is a better reward for everyone since 99ql ash is actually dope as hell to have.

When at a rift I ask people to sound off in local if they'd prefer to end early or fight the Warmaster. If they want to fight him I just dip early personally, I don't need rift mats so I don't really care about harvesting and I certainly can't be bothered to stick around long enough to nuke the rest of the final wave. I can see why you'd be frustrated though.

Rifts need some urgent work to them again, since the last change made them worse in just about every way. So I dunno, a rift wave vote or something seems fine.