Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

How to deal with unwanted forum PMs?

Question is, whether there is

• a possibility to block further PMs from a sender one does not wish to have private communication
  • whether there is a way to delete unwelcome messages

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/ignore/

I have not tried it but it *looks* like it does what you want?  

• Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them.

Add new user to ignore list

Enter a member's name to set ignore options

Ignore:  Posts    Messages    Signature    Mentions

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes, thanks. But this seems a nuclear option to me. I do not necessarily want to blindfold myself from forum contributions of an account I do not want to message me privately. Also I would like to be able to edit my message archive independently from a PM "killfile".

13 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I do not necessarily want to blindfold myself from forum contributions of an account I do not want to message me privately. 

Well, after typing in a name you can choose from options to select ignoring MESSAGES but not posts, which sounds precisely what you want.

Doesn't the right hand drop down option to DELETE CONVERSATION  (in INBOX) let you delete unwanted pms?

Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?

The conversation will be removed from your inbox and you will not be able to view or rejoin it. Other participants will continue to see it.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ok, so Brash was rather quicker than me on this one, and has covered everything quite nicely, but to reaffirm what they said, the general official advice is to use the ignore function built into the forum.  If someone is using alts etc to bypass an ignore, then that's something you can contact the moderation team about.

• Like 3

I could be wrong but I do believe that when you block someone their posts on the forums are still visible to you it just puts them in a "spoiler" that you would have to click on to see the post.

5 hours ago, necroe said:

I could be wrong but I do believe that when you block someone their posts on the forums are still visible to you it just puts them in a "spoiler" that you would have to click on to see the post.

Yep, this is how it works.