Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Time flies when you're having fun. 

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Good luck to you wherever you end up in the future!

My deepest condolences to your replacement!

Lol. Welcome, Demonanightshade, all the best, lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate.

I know that you probably won't comment on that, but I still think it's worth asking.

Rumors are that the PR position was far now a paid position and from now on it will be a voluntary one and that's why you're actually leaving.

So any chance you can confirm or deny that? Just so we know if to expect someone doing this as a full time job or someone who volunteers her time and cut her some slack. :)

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 1

Thank you for everything you have done for the Wurm community Retro! May your pastures be forever lush and green. A huge congrats to Demonanightshade!! I look forward to seeing what you can do for the Wurm community!

Spoiler

cxb0YwM.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 8:06 AM, Malena said:

Being a community manager/relations person has got to be one of the toughest and most thankless jobs in game development.

I'd say it is the hardest type of job for any kind of company you're in.  The community manager and relations job entails so much interaction with not just other players, but with anyone interested in dealing with Wurm as a business or community.  You get the blunt of any negative feedback, and have to be the voice for the very business you're a part of.  I couldn't imagine doing a job like it.  Yet, it is important and vital for a company.  One of the most integral parts that keeps everything running smoothly and effortlessly.  It's something polarizing, and you'll never make everyone happy.  I don't know how @Retrogradedid it.  Then again, I personally can't handle stress or anxiety due to my own issues, and the thought of having to deal with people at such capacity would be nerve wracking.  Even just thinking about it is enough to make my stomach twist up in knots.

For Retrograde, I hope you find a new adventure on the horizon.

Edited by Zahnweh

Does this mean someone will actually look at my ticket from months ago? Or change things to help make their jobs easier and improve accountability? 

Retro, 

As somebody that remembers the before-times, you've done an amazing job as CM. It's a thankless job, trying to coordinate with the devs, write the communications, handle social media, stream, probably a lot more that we don't see, and to do all that and still be a punching bag for players when unpopular decisions are made. You did it with style and grace, and we're better for it. Thank you for all your efforts, and I'm glad to hear that you'll still be roaming the lands of Wurm with us. Good luck in your next adventure!

Demona, welcome aboard! We're a challenging bunch but it's exciting to see what your plans will be! When things get difficult, remember that there are a good number of us out here that will support you. Congrats on your new role!

• Like 5

On 2/20/2021 at 10:21 PM, Amumu said:

Does this mean someone will actually look at my ticket from months ago? Or change things to help make their jobs easier and improve accountability? 

Unless your ticket was about how Retro shouldn't leave, and pre-emptively begging him to stay forever, maybe you'd get an actual response if you tried contacting the GMs, instead of randomly posting in someone's farewell thread?  Or posting in the bugs section if it's a bug?  Try gamemods@wurmonline.com.

Retro, despite the nay-sayers, you've done a truly phenomenal job, under trying circumstances.  Wurm was so much better with you than it was before you!  I hope whichever community you have relations with next treats you better than this one did, but either way, know that you will be sorely missed.

• Like 2

<joke>
are you dying or getting married? (both seems the same xD)
</joke>

thanks for good job :)

Well dammit. Sorry to see you go Retrograde. Hope everything works out well for you in your greener pastures. One day you appeared on my cart when I was lost out hunting, is one of my more fun memory moments in Wurm when I had stumbled into one of your old haunts. Also, I am very happy to have found one of your stashed small chests (very very late, much damage on it) is another good memory moment for me. Good to have met you and fun to see you in game, and thanks. Thanks all your work those seven years. I've only been here just over 5. So I'll thank you mostly for those five, lol.

Welcome DemonaNightshade o/ Hope all turns out well for you with your new Wurm position.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
words
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, Amumu said:

What ticket?

NOOOOOOooooooo!  

So sad to see you go Retro, but wishing you all the best to go on and do great things elsewhere!

You were the first GM I really got to talk to, you did the Dragonfang event leading a pet chicken, you laughed yourself sick at my first Impalong when you challenged us Newbies to kill Retro-rats and I ran around like a loon with a great-axe!
You will forever be the iconic 'Face of Wurm' to me!

Welcome DemonaNightshade - shake those shoes out thoroughly before you step into them, you never know what 'giggles' Retro has left behind for you ;)

• Like 3