Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Time flies when you're having fun. 

Thanks for the congratulations everyone ❤️ I hope to do some great things and look forward to working with our awesome community here in Wurm! 

Retro, I've said it already but it's been great and I know you'll do amazing things in your greener pastures! Thanks in advance for the time you'll be spending these next few weeks showing me some of the ropes. 

• Like 14

Thanks for all your hard work, Retro - will miss having you around.  Also being able to mock your hairstyle choices.

• Like 2

What does this mean about wurm(&Retro) twitch presence?

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

What does this mean about wurm(&Retro) twitch presence?

I haven’t streamed in forever but I’d be down to fire my stream back up 😂

Time flies when you’re dying to mclovin.

Dang 7 years, you make me feel old.

You’re leaving the uncontested winner of hota, that’s better than anything else you could list.

But in all seriousness you were the bridge for many ideas getting to the devs, especially when big discussions around towers and PvP general updates and mergers were being hot topics, many you were apart of and spoke for or against but passed them on none the less.

I see @Darklords is the PvP dev now And in some ways I hope he continues to be that bridge where hot topics are spoken about and he can join in, though it’s been a while since one was actually needed.

demonia has a big hole to fill and an high standard of communication to uphold so you’ve left no easy task.

Good luck for the future, take slow mode with you for good 😌 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Gawain said:

I haven’t streamed in forever but I’d be down to fire my stream back up 😂

Have you ever streamed wurm to matter(not trolling back.. just seems like you are pulling a pun from nowhere for no reason here, unless I'm uneducated about your stream somehow)

No offence to you or other vens.. but when I(probably other too) think of wurm and twitch.. there are 2 streams that stick out the most when it comes to news.. retro's and emoo's, personally I'd put ff and malena next.

And no joke.. streaming wurm and bringing or keeping viewers is not an easy task... 

Being a community manager/relations person has got to be one of the toughest and most thankless jobs in game development. You're basically the buffer between players and the dev team. You often end up being the punching bag for angry, entitled mobs whilst having to keep a calm, friendly and professional demeanor. You get bombarded with questions you're not yet allowed to answer (even though you'd love to), and being demanded of things you have no control over (although you'd love to fix them).

Sometimes there may be game design changes from the dev team that you personally don't even agree with, yet it's -you- who must present these changes to the community as if you stood behind them 100%, only to get flooded with complaints and abuse from players who hate the changes. You do it because it's your JOB.

Retro thank you for all that you've done. Not only for enduring everything I listed above for so many years, but the numerous other things you've given to Wurm, like coordinating the Valrei Entertainment Network to give Wurm content creators a spotlight and to give Wurm a presence in Twitch/YouTube as well as many other contributions, most of which I'm sure the community isn't even aware of. A big thank you also for the enormous amount of support and love you've given to players who do cool things in Wurm by writing about them and encouraging them here in the forums. The best of luck with your new endeavors and I hope we'll be seeing you around as a player still. 

Demona: A huge congratulations on your new exciting role! I wish you smooth sailing and many opportunities to shine. In tough times ahead, remember that there are a lot of us out here who have enough compassion and understanding to recognize the challenges of this job and respect the work that your role entails. Although we may not always be as vocal as *cough* "some", we're here in the background and support you. The best of luck. You got this! ❤️

• Like 28

31 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Have you ever streamed wurm to matter(not trolling back.. just seems like you are pulling a pun from nowhere for no reason here, unless I'm uneducated about your stream somehow)

No offence to you or other vens.. but when I(probably other too) think of wurm and twitch.. there are 2 streams that stick out the most when it comes to news.. retro's and emoo's, personally I'd put ff and malena next.

And no joke.. streaming wurm and bringing or keeping viewers is not an easy task... 

I do XD Just not a lot due to IRL

• Like 1

@RetrogradeLook on the bright side, you finally get out of the basement(context below), definitely your streams will be missed!

Spoiler

• Like 2

You'll be missed Retro. We've sometimes not seen eye to eye, but regardless I'm happy to call you a friend and I'm glad you'll still be ingame. You've been the bearer of bad news all too often, and the forum/game punching bag for the more turbulent times.

As someone who was so often the only point of contact between players and devs, the gap you'll leave is immense and I hope Demona is ready to step up to the plate for that.

Spoiler

What I'm really saying is, Demona I hope you're ready for daily PMs asking about 100 rifts being dumpstered from the journal.

• Like 4

What Malena said basically!  Best of luck in your next venture, and may you have the love of many ferrets :)

• Like 2

So hard to keep talent like that!

Congrats Demona, the gauntlet awaits.  WoA on your wings, EXCELSUS!!! 

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

@Ryaanna seeing that horse rearing up thumbnail pic, had me think of a pvp friend I know with a mechanical bull, Rhianna.  You two should meet.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Best of luck with the new adventures Retro. Your efforts were much appreciated by the majority of the players, so no need to pay any attention to the petty, classless crybabies who are scrambling out from their hovels to cheer your leaving. To them I say nlnn.

• Like 2

Being able to survive the abuses of our fine community (We really are the best of the MMO communities and I'm dead serious), for so many years says a lot about your character. Most in your role would have run away years ago, puling their hair out.  Hey, either you are already hairless or have vastly higher Soul Strength than the rest of us, but you made it through and hopefully without too many scars.

Easy to use you as a punching bag and that is half the job description, but I know for a fact that things here have been a helluva lot better with you in this role. 

You folks remember Rolf and his completely unedited/unreviewed posts?  It was like lofting a 300kg flaming bag of fertilizer at the community, back in pre-Retro days.  The community was far more violent back then and the Retro years have been a considerable improvement.  I do Miss the unfiltered bluntness of the Rolf days, for the entertainment value, but it wasn't what the community needed to stay healthy.

May the Wurm be always strong within you!

• Like 5

Good luck to you wherever you end up in the future!

My deepest condolences to your replacement!

• Like 3

Retro, thank you for the bad puns and keeping us updated on this rollercoaster of the past few years. Thank you for everything you've done, the stuff we've seen and not seen and even the things some may have disagreed with. Thanks for being that link between players and Devs, but most of all thank you for being you and best of luck with the future.

DemonaNightshade, congratulations on your new role. You have big shoes to fill but I'm sure you'll do great.

Much love and respect to all,

Gumbert

• Like 3