Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Time flies when you're having fun. 

I looked it up the other day, seven years since I took on the name of Retro, helping out as a PR assistant under RedBaron, I didn't realise it had been so long. 

And it has been long; it's been a significant journey with all of you, team and players alike. We've seen bridges come (!) as well as underground houses, rifts, and the launch on Steam, seriously too many events to cover all of them (Have you ever tried to make a big deal about being able to place things on tables in a press release?) 

It's not just about what we've done too; it's about what YOU, the players have done as well. Countless impalongs, events, more than one piece of fanart of me (seriously), and years of good times and some bad puns have passed.

With that said, it also feels too short, like it passed in the blink of an eye, and realising that it wasn't last month that Tich told me to "F$%k off" when I casually suggested more stair types, or that Grifo has been calling me Bluto for near two years now, it has been fun. 

I'm sure by now you're all aware of where this is leading, but I've decided to move on from Wurm and find greener pastures to cause havoc on.

My replacement will be the lovely @DemonaNightshadea well known and bright member of the community. She is excited at the opportunity to work with you all to build a cheerful and optimistic community together. 

I'll be around until the end of March as we work on handover and getting Demona up to speed, and I'll still be playing, roaming Release and other servers while I hunt for bug guts and various bits, so if you do see me around, make sure to say hi.

As always, keep on Wurming
Retrograde. 

• Like 43
  • Cat 2

We were suppose to make a joint announcement@Retrograde this is why I stepped down as king of Kenn Jellon. Retrograde will be taking the crown on Friday and become the new king. Please clap.

• Like 2
  • Cat 2

5 minutes ago, user said:

We were suppose to make a joint announcement@Retrograde this is why I stepped down as king of Kenn Jellon. Retrograde will be taking the crown on Friday and become the new king. Please clap.

Would be improvement to your current efforts. Please consider. 

Hopefully Demona aint as restricted to give details about updates. 

• Like 1

it has been a long time now that a lot of us older players can look back on things with you mentioning time. and it has been fun, i wish you the best on your next adventures. and hope to see you around.

• Like 1

Time does fly only seems like yesterday when I rehired you to the staff team as a CA. It turns out it was in 2015 though lol. Hope you enjoy whatever you move onto from this though.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Good luck retrograde!

May you find Enchanted Grass tiles on your greener pastures :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spy said:

yaay good bye :D

couldn't have said it better myself

Bye Retro, thanks and all the best. Hope to still see you around.

• Like 2

I'm sure it is more fun to play the game as a simple pawn in the big chess game so I hope to see you around on the servers!

I wish you great success on your new RL trail!

• Like 3

May your grass be greener and may it never be packed!

Good Luck in wurm and in life!

• Like 1

Even though we may not have seen eye to eye I hope that your future is bright and you find success in your journey. 

Excited to see what you bring to Wurm Demona. Welcome!

• Like 2

Retrograde, thank you for all the work that you have done to inform us of developments in Wurm and your undoubted efforts to make this information more open or clear to all the community. 

I can only imagine the time you put into all your work and those times when you had to give news that some folks would not want to hear- that is when you really did need a 'thick-skin' (now on sale 25s from the store!). I hope that you can now enjoy some game-time in this great game. 

Wherever you play or whatever you do next, I wish you the greatest of success- stay lucky!

Oh, and a great welcome to DemonaNightshade- all the very best!

• Like 3