Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Please do something to address, even temporarily, the unique-slaying situation

Also i never claimed that the public/private ratio of the old servers is better than the ratio of the new servers, i instead stated that there are far more uniques IN GENERAL in the old servers, because there are far more servers. 
While the NFI servers, where most people play, are only 3, with a much smaller potential for uniques(or dragons) spawns.

So I've been casually reading this thread for a few days now. I've picked up on the existence of a mechanic that assists in finding uniques. Am I mistaken? Is there a tool or skill that makes it easier to find these mods? I didn't see anything on the wiki or the interwebs at large. 

8 minutes ago, bigtree said:

So I've been casually reading this thread for a few days now. I've picked up on the existence of a mechanic that assists in finding uniques. Am I mistaken? Is there a tool or skill that makes it easier to find these mods? I didn't see anything on the wiki or the interwebs at large. 

In fact, there is none. In the old days you could use certain enchanted pendulums and PoK Get Info (also reveal creatures? not sure) to spot uniques from some (albeit not that far) distance. Nowadays you may make guesses based on previous findings and swing your mouse while riding. There is a lot of envy and rumour by some for some reasons, but to the best of my knowledge, all speculation about maphacks etc. is nonsense.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

17 hours ago, Ekcin said:

In fact, there is none. In the old days you could use certain enchanted pendulums and PoK Get Info (also reveal creatures? not sure) to spot uniques from some (albeit not that far) distance. Nowadays you may make guesses based on previous findings and swing your mouse while riding. There is a lot of envy and rumour by some for some reasons, but to the best of my knowledge, all speculation about maphacks etc. is nonsense.

It seems to me you have a really hard time making your point without shaming the people you disagree with as being greedy, having ugly envy and being rumourmongers. Your point seems to be "everything is fine as it is". I dare say about 15 people out of the whole NFI population share your point of view on this.

To me it's clear that everything is very much not fine. A sizeable amount of the population seems to think there is foul play involved, which wether true or not, is a problem in itself as it breeds apathy. The devs apparently closely watch all the unique kills, which only makes sense to me if there was foul play involved at some stage. I have no reason to doubt the dev's earnestness in the effort to keep a level playing field for all. Yet, this doesn't seem to reach players' ears enough.

As mentioned by someone else on this thread, maybe a public statement would help change perceptions.

• Like 2

@Josso: It is always admirable how single players are able to judge about the views of in excess of 3000 others (which is a conservative estimate of monthly unique logins on NFI). I can assure you that I know in excess of 15 NFI players who at least do not oppose my views nor have headaches with the uniques situation.

And in the post you took offense from I referred to rumours and slander concerning third party tools abuse (which is a bannable breach of rules) against those luckier and/or more diligent and experienced in finding uniques. And I am indeed "shaming" those slandering and spreading FUD about maphacking or other alleged techniques.

And yes, I think best is not to touch the unique mechanics while finding ways to encourage public slayings. There is no solution in the kind of "scales and hides for all for no effort" which would be other than destructive.

Edited by Ekcin

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

And yes, I think best is not to touch the unique mechanics while finding ways to encourage public slayings.

How exactly do you think you can encourage public slayings without any kind of changes to the current system?
By asking pretty please to give up an extremely valuable amount of scale/hide for the sake of being generous?

I'm not even saying we need heavy changes or we to destroy everything about the current mechanic, but we AT LEAST need a way for them to share the event without losing loot by doing so.

1 hour ago, Josso said:

It seems to me you have a really hard time making your point without shaming the people you disagree with as being greedy, having ugly envy and being rumourmongers. Your point seems to be "everything is fine as it is". I dare say about 15 people out of the whole NFI population share your point of view on this.

To me it's clear that everything is very much not fine. A sizeable amount of the population seems to think there is foul play involved, which wether true or not, is a problem in itself as it breeds apathy. The devs apparently closely watch all the unique kills, which only makes sense to me if there was foul play involved at some stage. I have no reason to doubt the dev's earnestness in the effort to keep a level playing field for all. Yet, this doesn't seem to reach players' ears enough.

As mentioned by someone else on this thread, maybe a public statement would help change perceptions.

doubt that

clearly NOT A PRIORITY

we'd otherwise get fix years ago

@Ekcinwe're talking about mechanics.. you're just bashing names and giving your opinions and views about other people.. can you align on the subject and see if you can be objective with the topic or should a mod check and clear some of that offtopic stuff you keep posting

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Davih said:

How exactly do you think you can encourage public slayings without any kind of changes to the current system?

Maybe some special rewards for the organizers. Clearly not by trivializing and making hide and scale available like leather or steel.

9 hours ago, Davih said:

By asking pretty please to give up an extremely valuable amount of scale/hide for the sake of being generous?

Strangely, there are an order of magnitude more public dragon/drake slayings on SFI than there are other unique slayings, and more public dragons than hatchlings. It seems that the effort organizing an event is more an obstacle than waiving a larger amount of the more valuable scale. With the other creatures the organizers do not need to give up anything. They ought not even tell if a tome, cherry etc. appears, just roll what they like or even nothing. Nobody has the right to claim that.

9 hours ago, Davih said:

I'm not even saying we need heavy changes or we to destroy everything about the current mechanic, but we AT LEAST need a way for them to share the event without losing loot by doing so.

Do we? I am not sure. Even on NFI a considerable part even of dragon and hatchling finds were made public though I bet the hide and scale prices there are sky high. Maybe the spawn of dragons and hatchlings could be increased on NFI for some period of time though I doubt it would help a lot.

16 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Maybe some special rewards for the organizers. Clearly not by trivializing and making hide and scale available like leather or steel.

Strangely, there are an order of magnitude more public dragon/drake slayings on SFI than there are other unique slayings, and more public dragons than hatchlings. It seems that the effort organizing an event is more an obstacle than waiving a larger amount of the more valuable scale. With the other creatures the organizers do not need to give up anything. They ought not even tell if a tome, cherry etc. appears, just roll what they like or even nothing. Nobody has the right to claim that.

Do we? I am not sure. Even on NFI a considerable part even of dragon and hatchling finds were made public though I bet the hide and scale prices there are sky high. Maybe the spawn of dragons and hatchlings could be increased on NFI for some period of time though I doubt it would help a lot.

There's a long way between some adjustments and "making hide and scale available like leather" come on, let's be a bit objective.

You must take into account that SFI doesn't have a lot of players in general, nowadays, i doubt organizing events will be a problem anytime soon in NFI

You say that's a "considerable" part of dragons and hatchlings were made public on NFI, but just some arbitrary word to interpret the data we already looked at. If you think 1 dragon over 6 is considerable, or even 2 hatchlings over 8...ok then
But i think it's really not a good sign, even more so with so few uniques that can spawn on just 3 servers,

If we want to interpret, we could pretty much say that 1 dragon has been made public in 6-7 months in the entire NFI cluster, that doesn't look like a very good figure to me :D

Who said dragonslayings are supposed to be a public event for everyone across the entire cluster to participate in? It's a competition: Form a team, dedicate some time. Learn the patterns. Beat the competition. It looks like there is a lot of people who want slayings to be more public, so I think it's a great time for you all to team up. Wurm can both be competetive and co-operative.

Keep in mind I'm heavily biased to "the current situation is fine" as I've participated in 40+ unique slayings without any issues of people "sniping" uniques due to playing on very low population servers (Affliction, Elevation and to a lesser degree Defiance). Killing a unique isn't hard, and it has been done with as little as 6 people on Chaos. Finding them over and over again is the hard part, but it's not impossible. Most of all, it needs a lot of effort from a dedicated group of people.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Davih said:

There's a long way between some adjustments and "making hide and scale available like leather" come on, let's be a bit objective.

If we get away from "everyone agrees" or "toxic" accusations, you are welcome.

We are speaking of approximately 6kg scale per dragon and 3kg hide per drake (per gram exact figures dont matter, roughly 1.1 set per creature).  And we are speaking about 150 to 300 premium  participants on SFI, don't know how many on NFI. As explained below, on NFI no more than 55 dragons and 70 hatchlings, and according materials for sets can usually be expected per year, and a maximum of 21 dragons and 28 hatchlings on NFI at the same rate.

Taking in account hoarding, maybe 30-35 dragon and 45-50 new drake sets may likely appear on SFI per year. On NFI it would be 37.5% of that. So the question would arise what we want.

Personally I am fine with the recent SFI pricing though not so much with the tense supply, but so what. On NFI any set is of course an extremely rare thing, and will stay to be so.

So the question arises what is wanted? Raising the spawn rate? I could imagine that for NFI. Also, raising the drop rate during public slayings could be a thing. But all boils down to how far "some adjustments" should go.

You must take into account that SFI doesn't have a lot of players in general, nowadays, i doubt organizing events will be a problem anytime soon in NFI

SFI has roughly 35-40% of daily Freedom participation over day, peak participation during weekends rather towards 45 or even 50% during events (check Niarja). I dare say that SFI has more long term players, and organizing events needs both dedication and experience. At best, conditions on both clusters are equal, rather in favour of SFI.

You say that's a "considerable" part of dragons and hatchlings were made public on NFI, but just some arbitrary word to interpret the data we already looked at. If you think 1 dragon over 6 is considerable, or even 2 hatchlings over 8...ok then
But i think it's really not a good sign, even more so with so few uniques that can spawn on just 3 servers,
If we want to interpret, we could pretty much say that 1 dragon has been made public in 6-7 months in the entire NFI cluster, that doesn't look like a very good figure to me :D

You know when first slayings occurred, and that 6-7 months is a biased and polemic exaggeration. First slayings occurred between mid october and mid november: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/182809-please-do-something-to-address-even-temporarily-the-unique-slaying-situation/&do=findComment&comment=1842567

As to the few uniques spawning: I already mentioned the 24 dragons and 37 hatchlings slain of SFI during 5 1/2 months. On NFI there could have been 9 dragon and 14 drake slayings if as many dragons/drakes would have been slain as on NFI during the same period. And certainly not every dragon and hatchling has been found on SFI either. So everyone wanting a public (or private) slaying might be free to ride out and look. With more players on NFI I would rather expect a higher detection rate. And with the less harsh topography and denser settlement spread it should even be easier.

52 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

If we get away from "everyone agrees" or "toxic" accusations, you are welcome.

We are speaking of approximately 6kg scale per dragon and 3kg hide per drake (per gram exact figures dont matter, roughly 1.1 set per creature).  And we are speaking about 150 to 300 premium  participants on SFI, don't know how many on NFI. As explained below, on NFI no more than 55 dragons and 70 hatchlings, and according materials for sets can usually be expected per year, and a maximum of 21 dragons and 28 hatchlings on NFI at the same rate.

Taking in account hoarding, maybe 30-35 dragon and 45-50 new drake sets may likely appear on SFI per year. On NFI it would be 37.5% of that. So the question would arise what we want.

Personally I am fine with the recent SFI pricing though not so much with the tense supply, but so what. On NFI any set is of course an extremely rare thing, and will stay to be so.

So the question arises what is wanted? Raising the spawn rate? I could imagine that for NFI. Also, raising the drop rate during public slayings could be a thing. But all boils down to how far "some adjustments" should go.

SFI has roughly 35-40% of daily Freedom participation over day, peak participation during weekends rather towards 45 or even 50% during events (check Niarja). I dare say that SFI has more long term players, and organizing events needs both dedication and experience. At best, conditions on both clusters are equal, rather in favour of SFI.

You know when first slayings occurred, and that 6-7 months is a biased and polemic exaggeration. First slayings occurred between mid october and mid november: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/182809-please-do-something-to-address-even-temporarily-the-unique-slaying-situation/&do=findComment&comment=1842567

As to the few uniques spawning: I already mentioned the 24 dragons and 37 hatchlings slain of SFI during 5 1/2 months. On NFI there could have been 9 dragon and 14 drake slayings if as many dragons/drakes would have been slain as on NFI during the same period. And certainly not every dragon and hatchling has been found on SFI either. So everyone wanting a public (or private) slaying might be free to ride out and look. With more players on NFI I would rather expect a higher detection rate. And with the less harsh topography and denser settlement spread it should even be easier.

Did you notice the "If we want to interpret" that i put at the beginning of the sentence? 
yeah, it meant that i did that thing on purpose, and i even made you notice that, because interpretations is what you did since the beginning, and you really just called my "obvious" interpretation a biased and polemic exaggeration?? For real? :D
What about all yours? You keep mixing around datas and opinions in your own personal misleading interpretations, that mostly make no sense or come from isolated or out of context datas, to try and prove a point that simply isn't there.

Come on, at this point this is just becoming ridiculous, we are going in circles from 2 pages and there is simply nothing else you can reasonably add to your point if not by twisting datas and conclusions, altering timeframes or ignoring other datas at your own discretion.

You go as far as saying that organizing events is going to be easier on SFI, where most people already have a drake/scale set or several, with more or less half the populaiton of NFI and WAY more unique spawns to deal with (having 7 servers instead of 3, fact that you completely ignored in your reasonings). On NFI people have more motivation, more players, less uniques and less scale/hide. As i already said, there is no way that organizing the events will ever be a problem, most of the playerbase there is still made by old/returning players or people that simply have accounts on both servers.

Also SFI gets close to NFI population when there is an event on SFI? Ok,  and where is the needed comparison about when NFI has an event going and SFI doesn't?
You take this isolated data and conlude that: (i'm quoting) "At best, conditions on both clusters are equal, rather in favour of SFI."

Lol, how? this is just madness at this point, but of course, it's the single statement that i made as a parody of yours that is a "biased and polemic exaggeration" , i guess everything you wrote just isn't.

Edited by Davih

29 minutes ago, John said:

Who said dragonslayings are supposed to be a public event for everyone across the entire cluster to participate in? It's a competition: Form a team, dedicate some time. Learn the patterns. Beat the competition. It looks like there is a lot of people who want slayings to be more public, so I think it's a great time for you all to team up. Wurm can both be competetive and co-operative.

Keep in mind I'm heavily biased to "the current situation is fine" as I've participated in 40+ unique slayings without any issues of people "sniping" uniques due to playing on very low population servers (Affliction, Elevation and to a lesser degree Defiance). Killing a unique isn't hard, and it has been done with as little as 6 people on Chaos. Finding them over and over again is the hard part, but it's not impossible. Most of all, it needs a lot of effort from a dedicated group of people.

I don't know, i never made a point as simple as "dragonslayings are supposed to be a public event", period.
There is far more to that, and most of it is contained in the 6 pages of this thread... a couple of those points are:
- Those events can't even be made public without whoever makes them losing a ton of rewards(or profit) in the process, because on how the thing is designed. 
- The competition is counter-intuitive to new players, and even to a big chunk of the old ones, results seem to show that the competition simply is not working or mostly gave up, with a lot of sour feelings about it.

I appreciate the fact that you recognized being heavily biased about this, but i would also say, that having made most of those slaying in servers that have basically no population, the whole thing is a completely different matter in the ones where people are constantly feeling (rightfully or not) like simply being cut out of it.

43 minutes ago, Davih said:

Did you notice the "If we want to interpret" that i put at the beginning of the sentence?

No idea what you want to say with other than "don't confuse me with facts". I don't see the difference between phony exaggeration or outright falsehood and "interpretation". 

What about all yours? You keep mixing around datas and opinions in your own personal misleading interpretations, that mostly make no sense or come from isolated or out of context datas, to try and prove a point that simply isn't there.

Anything else than polemics? Data that do not support your point are "isolated or out of context".  And instead of anything verifyable assertions like 

on SFI, where most people already have a drake/scale set or several

Sure, and "everybody agrees", had that already. I am in an alliance with mainly veteran players (I am the youngest), and only one possesses a drake set. And btw., as much as you hate facts, I did take in account the difference in server numbers, even took in account 8, not 7 servers on SFI though uniques are rarely hunted on Chaos these times. And to confuse you with facts once more: yesterday peak at 9:15pm GMT SFI had 359 players vs 540 NFI (both including Chaos and Defiance) which is over 66% not half. Get real.

And is there any backup for "most of the playerbase there is still made by old/returning players"? To my knowledge the amount of unique logins on Wurm is now  around bit below 6k vs 2k before launch on steam. You are really suggesting that "most of" those about 4000 accounts are "old/returning players"? Do you have any (of course not "isolated or out of context", but exact like "everyone agrees") data to support that assumption?

5 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

No idea what you want to say with other than "don't confuse me with facts".

I mean literally what i've been trying to tell you from 2 days:
Don't try to confuse me with interpretations, mixing them up with cherrypicked facts and pretending they sum up to everything we need to consider, therefore supporting your biased interpretation, while they obviously can't. 

For example, just to answer your last point: The 66-33% is an estimated conservative average relevant to the timeframe we are talking about ( the last 4-5 months where the unique slaying we used as a sample to discuss everything actually happened) and not just YESTERDAY PEAK, which is obviously not a very relevant sample.

But EVEN if we don't take that in consideration and simply imply that you are right and it's actually 40%vs 60%, that would still go way more towards my point than yours. And we are talking about the single data among a sea of biased interpretations that you cared to defend.

32 minutes ago, Davih said:

Don't try to confuse me with interpretations, mixing them up with cherrypicked facts and pretending they sum up to everything we need to consider, therefore supporting your biased interpretation, while they obviously can't.

I deleted most of your rant. I could give you "cherrypicked facts" where SFI had more participants that NFI (not that I am happy about the population decline on NFI while I appreciate stabilization and even increas of SFI participation). I try to get data and measurements where you are basing your "interpretations" on gut feelings if not "blissful ignorance" (your self description). And when "most of the playerbase of NFI" are old/returning oder double account players, how urgent is it for them to get a drake/scale armour on NFI if you're right that "most people already have a drake/scale set or several" on SFI?

I brought up the data I cited for a more rational and factual discussion which you refuse as you hate the facts which contradict your complaints. As to drake/scale set potential on NFI PvE there could be material from roughly 20 dragons and 30 drakes per year, resulting in 12-15 scale and 15-20 drake sets. Maybe the devs could raise the spawn rate and/or the amount of material per kill. One could discuss how to do that, what the outcome would be (mind that flocks of dragons massacring players and demolishing deeds would not be a pleasure for everybody) etc.

But it seems that you are not the least interested in rational discourse. If you want to be taken seriously, point where my data, the hypotheses, estimates and calculations are wrong or unlikely. And specify what you want.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

13 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

you are basing your "interpretations" on gut feelings if not "blissful ignorance" (your self description).

This was OBVIOUSLY only ever referred to the fact that i did not want to know who are THE PEOPLE that take part at uniques slays, because i don't want to get influenced in making my points because i know this or that guy.

And never about anything else.

Also this is yet another example of how you cherrypick a fact to prove something that obviously isn't there.
This has become boring, tiring and fruitless, we are far away from a "rational discourse" and i start to think you are doing this on purpose to tire me out and just have the last word, lol.

Increasing the spawn rate and the rewards could raise the "income" of the people already involved and able to compete in the existing system, but it would hardly fix the issue or the negativity surrounding the topic (Implying you even admit either exist)

Maybe if the trend stays consistent, we might get faster to the "one dragon for the public" every 6 of them that spawn? But that's about it...

Edited by Davih

Well the "blissful ignorance" helped you to keep up your narrative of a "toxic" or "negativity surrounded" situation around uniques. It is no different from any of the rest of your approach. That is why I "cherrypicked" it. Would you have had a look at the slayers in private slayings it might have undermined your prejudices, and you might have detected players you yourself possibly hold in high esteem are not seldom engaged in unique hunts.

In all you wrote you were not capable to specify "the issue". It took tens of postings for you to distance at least a bit from "everybody agrees", or even specifying "no I did not mean uniques, only dragons/hatchlings". Everytime your narrative is challenged by facts or reasonable proposals (not only mine) you refuse and escape to another sideline.

And what against raising "income" "of the people already involved and able to compete in the existing system"? Frankly, I am neither "involved" nor "able to compete in the existing system" as dragons rarely if ever visit my tunnels and forges. You seem to ignore that (moderately) more spawns, and a raised drop rate during public slayings would favour those events, not so much private slayings. As said, there are less findings than spawns on NFI recently. 

18 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Well the "blissful ignorance" helped you to keep up your narrative of a "toxic" or "negativity surrounded" situation around uniques

No, it did not, you are using this completely out of context, and you know it

That is why I "cherrypicked" it. Would you have had a look at the slayers in private slayings it might have undermined your prejudices

No, it would have "caused" prejudices if anything, someone confirmed to me that it's always the same group on NFI; and that's all i needed to know, i don't see how knowing who they are could have caused anything but prejudice.

In all you wrote you were not capable to specify "the issue". It took tens of postings for you to distance at least a bit from "everybody agrees", or even specifying "no I did not mean uniques, only dragons/hatchlings".

Seriously? i had to repeat it 15 times all over again because people were just replying without reading, so i pretty much specified the ISSUES (plural) many times all over the thread, not just once.
How can you even say something like that?

.Everytime your narrative is challenged by facts or reasonable proposals (not only mine) you refuse and escape to another sideline.

This is just absurd, i replied to every single proposal with my honest toughts about that proposal even when i was clearly just dislking the way in which the person made it . see literally my previous reply as an example of that.
Escaping to another sideline is what you did everytime i spotted your "data manipulations and cherrypickings" since you started replying to me.

And what against raising "income" "of the people already involved and able to compete in the existing system"? Frankly, I am neither "involved" nor "able to compete in the existing system" as dragons rarely if ever visit my tunnels and forges. You seem to ignore that (moderately) more spawns, and a raised drop rate during public slayings would favour those events, not so much private slayings. As said, there are less findings than spawns on NFI recently. 

The problem is not particularly with raising their income, it's just that it's most of what that "fix" would do, so it doesn't seem to be a particularly effective fix.
I did acknowledge the fact that public dragons are going to increase by 1 every 6 (if the trend stands). I ignored the other part because it's irrelevant at best, the fact that "leechers" are going to get more loot, is not likely at all to make private groups more willing to share the event.
We actually seen from the small sample of data that, the bigger the reward is, less often the event is shared.

Edited by Davih

it's total ignorance to think or say that situation is ok.. you can check for this year and several back.. how many uniques were with 10-20 players or 30... and how many had 80-100+ names on them to count the private/public kills..

content that's best 2 armors and only way to obtain imbue is completely walled behind exploitable mechanic, and you call that ok or good.. because you get to move to a pub kill once every 3 months

• Like 1

There is no "the situation". I agree to John that uniques have not been created to give every player on all servers an equal share. On PvP servers they are much a factional thing but everywhere the most qualified and dedicated for such hunts head out and search, and hopefully defeat the legendary. It is not so much different in PvE where also determined teams of experienced players (and their highly trained alts) are riding out for hunting. In smaller teams such is clearly more fun and thrill, and also a chance to get killed. And finding is quite a lot of work, and not few luck.

Public slayings also are not really meant to give anybody a dragon/drake armour set soon. They are social events, fun events, and opportunities to get bloods for imbues in the first place. For the provisioning of a given server population with armour sets they are awful, compared with private slayings as they split the material in hundreds of tiny fractions. For example, one of our alliance members who participated in two slayings left for RL reasons never to reappear. The 0.03 to 0.05 kg scale prolly lost forever. Others land in hoarding stocks never to show up either in worst case. For a swift distribution of sets and material private slayers are arguably more productive. They may have gotten their sets after some time if interested in, then would distribute over trade, friends, alliance.

If one assumes that there are about 6-7k premium accounts over year, even if no more than 3-4k main characters, it is obvious that there will never be even closely enough sets for all, and not all are even interested in, at least not enough to pay several hundred silver for a set. That will not change. There may be at most 40-50 dragon/drake sets around in NFI PvE by end of year (if I estimate correctly). For an average of 3-4k accounts this is not much. Yet that is and was intended for that kind of armour. It is mainly prestige, and destroying that would be shame. Of course that spells either going out for oneself, having very good friends, or spending a lot of ingame currency.

This will always cause feelings of disenfranchisment, anger, envy or pain with some. I do not see a way to avoid that. As said, raising the spawn rate on NFI for some time would be sensible within certain limits, raising drop rate during public events as well (more to make up for the foreseeable loss rather than for really more sets).

Even if we take for good one of the most "generous" suggestions that were made previously on this thread and give everyone 0.10 of scale in local , it would mean someone would have to attend more than 50 public dragon slayings to get his scale set. There were 6 total (1 public) since the cluster was opened. Ofc with the current rate you probably get 0.01 of scale so like... 500+ events : D

So, exactly what is the suggestion that would make players get a scale set "soon"? or even scale as available as leather?

I don't think anybody ever said or tought that everybody should eventually be able to get his scale set, or that it shouldn't be rare anymore, any change would still have to be carefully balanced as to ensure that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John said:

Thanks for bringing some well needed humour to this thread.

I am happy for every single one of the 12 players on the chaos cluster that the situation seems fine there.☺️
Now we just have to wait until NFI reaches the same player numbers and the complaints will vanish into thin air.

• Like 1

If there were 0.10 per premium player and public slaying, and 2 slayings occurring within 2 months, a player paying 80 Euro for 10 alts could "milk" 2kg with them amounting to 50s/kg average cost. The recent price for scale on SFI where ".. most people already have a drake/scale set or several" (quote Davih) is at 70s per kg scale and 50s per kg hide. On NFI where arguably not "most people already have a drake/scale set or several" the price and possible profit will be slightly higher not even taking in account blood sale. And there were slightly more than 2 dragon/drake slayings per month on NFI so far.

Edited by Ekcin

That was just "one of the most generous suggestions"... which was also taking in consideration putting requirements to get that reward just to avoid that