Sign in to follow this  
Bremba

(re) starting point

Playing again after MANY years of absence.  I saw the launch of Exodus, and left before Celebration.  Poked around a bit after that but nothing serious.  After being unable to figure out how to regain access to my original 2 characters (Nerisrath and Xarthas of Exodus Trading Post, if any old hats see this), I started a new one.

Anyhow - What is the best PVE server for me to head to where I can find some space to go skill up my newbie without ruining someone's neighborhood by clearcutting their trees and skill grinding their iron.  I do not want to be too far from an active civilization for possible company or assistance either.  I certainly am in no state to live amongst troll's and unicorns either.

Edited by Bremba
spelling

Welcome back to you! Haven's Landing on Independence is a starter deed there that has a mine with iron for skilling up right close to the starter token there. Also there is a tree area next to it in another direction where the trees respawn very rapidly, as in maybe 10 minutes, because it is specially designed that way. There are free beds to sleep in on deed in some Inns too. Then just outside the village tiles there is a huge perimeter that is enabled for anyone to build on. A very well designed starter deed that has these and other features specifically for the purpose of skilling up and even living there for an extended period of time if desired. The Independence map on that forum section shows its location. Enjoy!

=Ayes= 

• Like 1

You could also try Release, where there are a view active villages.  The spawn town is Sloping Sands:  I don't know much about it but I don't think it is a dedicated starter deed like HL on Indy.  If you do try release, a big village/alliance such as Harvestmoon Lagoon would be worthwhile.  Active citizens, plenty of room to set up and plenty of resources for grinding as you wish.

Thanks for the suggestions all.  I found a spot on Harmony to call home for now.  The location fits the bill, with a neighbor in walking distance and support from an established player, yet remote enough I can venture off on my own soon with out going on a 3 day hike.  I spent enough time on Indy and that cluster to know those starter towns are a bit too "Urban" for my taste.

Happy grinding =).

• Like 3